Action Figure Article: Hot Toys QS006- Avengers: AOU 1/4th scale Mark XLV Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I have cancer, Spinal Osteosarcoma Stage III

The DC MK6? that's an impressive figure, I love the Stark tower base and Battle damage, its much better than the IM2 re-release. K2SO looks like he'll be an impressive figure too, and Jyn Erso looks pretty great too :clap I'm curious about the 1/4 Vader, the recent release looks pretty cool, I think its ANH 1/6

Well I pray for you. This is a nice community we have on the forum and I've got to chat with a lot of great people. We debate, discuss, sometimes banter. But all in all it is good fun and we all share a passion for collecting. So when one of us is going through something tough...I definately take some time out and pray and wish them the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're also stuck with a very limited choice of 1/4 figures compared to 1/6 ones, which i always thought was a big downside to collecting them :dunno

Yep, you're right. I believe there is not enough market for 1/4 to enhance much the variety of figures. Not sure we will be seeing another 1/4 iron man announcement soon. The star wars 1/4 figures, for example, are taking an eternity to launch. Therefore, I shouldn't be worried at all. One more quarter scale figure won't hurt anyone. There is always room for one more. And my wife will totally (not) understand. :)

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Well I pray for you. This is a nice community we have on the forum and I've got to chat with a lot of great people. We debate, discuss, sometimes banter. But all in all it is good fun and we all share a passion for collecting. So when one of us is going through something tough...I definately take some time out and pray and wish them the best.
Thank you :duff Yes I always loved this community its impacted my life greatly. Thank you for saying that I really appreciate it :) It's nice to see freaks helping out other freaks
Yep, you're right. I believe there is not enough market for 1/4 to enhance much the variety of figures. Not sure we will be seeing another 1/4 iron man announcement soon. The star wars 1/4 figures, for example, are taking an eternity to launch. Therefore, I shouldn't be worried at all. One more quarter scale figure won't hurt anyone. There is always room for one more. And my wife will totally (not) understand. :)
That's exactly it, these figures are very expensive, although NECA does some great cheap 1/4 figures, but for HT yes too expensive, so theres a bare market of people who are willing to pay for them. I wouldn't be shocked to see another 1/4 IM figure, since they have any number of armors they could make, the MK46 being a likely candidate

Haha no it won't hurt anything but your marriage :lol

Hey Brainy, I'm so sorry to hear you have cancer, but glad you enjoy being a forum member. This probably helps you stay strong as well as provide an outlet for you. You are in my prayers as well. I too am on my way out of collecting, but sometimes find it difficult with so much cool stuff coming out lately. I plan on going out big with the ghostbusters 4pac and the Hulkbuster. But then there's Harley Quinn and Dr. Strange, aww it's tough! :lol How did you know when to call it quits?

Hey Brainy, I'm so sorry to hear you have cancer, but glad you enjoy being a forum member. This probably helps you stay strong as well as provide an outlet for you. You are in my prayers as well. I too am on my way out of collecting, but sometimes find it difficult with so much cool stuff coming out lately. I plan on going out big with the ghostbusters 4pac and the Hulkbuster. But then there's Harley Quinn and Dr. Strange, aww it's tough! :lol How did you know when to call it quits?
Thank you for the kind words :duff

That's a great way to go out, I really dig that 4pk, the figures look fantastic and as far as 1/6 goes you can't have any more of a grand spectacle that is Hulkbuster :lol Enjoy those you will :lecture

I actually didn't stop because I was sick, well I did but it wasn't my main reason, at the start of the year I sold damn near all the figures I had, 43 of them and recently I cut my collection to just 2 figures, then it went up to 5 and I have Deadpool on the way, its extremely tough to stop. I mainly stopped because I couldn't find joy in looking at my figures any more, I attached reasons for having them or memories to them and then they became sources of pain, then I stopped fully when I didn't need them any more. I guess that's not going to be everyones reason, but if its not fun any more then why do it right?

Also I would say that I also want Harley Quinn and Strange :rotfl
Brainiac, you the man brotha! You've got this. You've been nothing but the nicest to me on here since day one, and I know I'm not alone. The universe surely has many good vibes heading your way.
Haha Thank you Skiller :hi5: I really appreciate that a lot :woo
Jeez Brainy, I'm really sorry to hear that. You have my sincerest best wishes and good vibes bro..
Thanks Kiwi :hi5: You're a really good friend to say that :)

Sooooo about that 1/4 MK45? :lol

i'm really sorry to hear that that you are unwell, Brainiac. you are a very nice guy as all members
in this forum know, and your optimism certainly are helping you to overcome it. dont give up!
i got this photo from another forum for you, not mine, but hope you enjoy it. :love

brian.jpg

i'm really sorry to hear that that you are unwell, Brainiac. you are a very nice guy as all members
in this forum know, and your optimism certainly are helping you to overcome it. dont give up!
i got this photo from another forum for you, not mine, but hope you enjoy it. :love

View attachment 306345

Great photo. Makes me realize that the mk 45 1/6 is just a phenomenal figure. It totally overshadows the mk 43 1/6. On the other hand, the 1/4 figures seem equivalent to me in terms of wow factor. Let's say the mk 45 1/4 wins by a head, mostly because of it's metallic paint app and new articulations.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys QS006 - Avengers: AOU 1/4th scale Mark XLV Collectible Figure

The 43 1/4 looks slightly bigger than the 45...and yet it is the reverse with the sixth scale.

I'm much more of a 43 fan...love that suit. But I respect the 45 and the figures...just not fussy about the design.

The 43 1/4 looks slightly bigger than the 45...and yet it is the reverse with the sixth scale.

I'm much more of a 43 fan...love that suit. But I respect the 45 and the figures...just not fussy about the design.

Yes, interesting photo of all 4 together. No doubt people will wail in about how unrealistic it is that Tony could fit in the suit. Which if you are to get too analytical about it Mark 1 was probably the only 'realistic' suit with realistic movement.

Nonetheless, the 43 does look slightly better to me in that photo for being a suit. The 45 looks more like an 'Iron Skin', which to be fair was kinda the look they were going for all along anyway.

Don't think the difference between the two scales is as apparent with the 45, though I do like the additional bulk. When handling my sixth scale 45 I've noticed it does seem quite slim in comparison to its on screen counterpart.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Yes, interesting photo of all 4 together. No doubt people will wail in about how unrealistic it is that Tony could fit in the suit. Which if you are to get too analytical about it Mark 1 was probably the only 'realistic' suit with realistic movement.

Nonetheless, the 43 does look slightly better to me in that photo for being a suit. The 45 looks more like an 'Iron Skin', which to be fair was kinda the look they were going for all along anyway.

Yes I think that is the big change. The suits were progressing that way...the 43 is the last of the "armour" look, but even that was kinda trending towards an organic look. The 45, 46 and beyond are exactly as you stated...like and Iron Skin..which is cool in its own right. I think I prefer the armour look and 43 is the most advanced in that mould.

I doubt they would do this...but I'd love for the Infinity Wars armour to be a "throwback" armour. Going backwards at least in design...but having all the advanced capabilities.

Hmm, I actually much preferred this one to my brothers 43 in both color and design. I like the predominant red and the more rounded look. Reminds me of a hotrod.

If you compare the 42/43 to the mk2/3 then compare the 45 to the mk2/3 the 45 is much closer in design elements.

Back