Article: Alien VS Predator Predator - Machiko Noguchi, She-Predator - Premium Format(TM) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Machiko She-Predator PF

Lame Ex but...

WILL BE MINE!

md382h.jpg

Price seems very reasonable for the work and detail and is the last nail in the coffin for the P2 Maquette.
$1,200 is beyond silly...I'm out!

Beautiful work Mark! :clap

You guys are Awesome! I'm glad you dig it! It's not all me though.
It takes a village.

Artist Credits:

Kendrick “Kunkka” Lim of IFS (Design)
Zane Yarbrough (Design)
Mark Newman (Design, Sculpt)
Michael Norman (Sculpt)
Walter O’Neal (Sculpt)
Kat Sapene (Paint)
Anthony Mestas (Paint)
Bernardo Esquivel (Paint)
Jennifer Johnson (Costume)
Adam Smith (Development)
Sideshow Design & Development Team

Feel free to quote and re-post this as often as you can!!!!:clap

Wow...it took an army of top tier painters to do this magnificent sculpt justice...hopefully this paint app can be replicated in the production pieces.

You guys are Awesome! I'm glad you dig it! It's not all me though.
It takes a village.

Artist Credits:

Kendrick “Kunkka” Lim of IFS (Design)
Zane Yarbrough (Design)
Mark Newman (Design, Sculpt)
Michael Norman (Sculpt)
Walter O’Neal (Sculpt)
Kat Sapene (Paint)
Anthony Mestas (Paint)
Bernardo Esquivel (Paint)
Jennifer Johnson (Costume)
Adam Smith (Development)
Sideshow Design & Development Team

Feel free to quote and re-post this as often as you can!!!!:clap

2e4lqup.gif

i dont have any ss PFs... but i guess this will be my first... and yes am also penduluming on the catwoman... still ;)
do these fit in a detolf by dividing detolf into 2 instead of 4

Looks amazing! The far away shots really sell this as a piece to be admired from all distances. Really love those!

The price is a bit of a shock. I get it's not P2 maquette price, which makes anything look cheap in comparison; but it's still a huge jump over the $399 their top DC PFs have been going for.

I wonder if it's just the license, as Samurai Predator from Hot Toys was a good $100 more than most Hot Toys at the time.

Im REALLY going to debate it, as I do love it and it'd look great with my alien busts; but at these prices...that may do me for 2015 as a whole.

Such a great job done though!

$440? Yeah, OK. She looks great and I'll try to find a way to get her, but the price seems a bit silly. 2-3 years ago Sideshow comes out with the Cyborg Maul PF priced at $325. A year and a half ago we get Shaak Ti priced at $350. Malgus $375. Now Machiko's $440, almost half a grand...?

A burner would have made a much better exclusive than a generic dagger IMO, but this way I won't have to worry about getting the exclusive.

Also would have preferred a traditional predator glaive/naginata instead of the AvP-styled spear she's holding.

Love her boot/leg armor. It looks strong and sturdy. It's feminine without being sexual, and much better than high heels (looking at you Hot Toys :rolleyes2). Same with her gloves/gauntlets.

Surprised her booty is covered up. I remember it being very bare, with only the netting covering it, in the comics. I would have easily traded the somewhat revealing chest piece for a single breastplate and an exposed booty.

All in all, it looks fantastic.

i dont have any ss PFs... but i guess this will be my first... and yes am also penduluming on the catwoman... still ;)
do these fit in a detolf by dividing detolf into 2 instead of 4

This will, doesn't look too wide but you will have huge gaps between statues.
Risers are a good fix...

P1010327.JPG

This was a temporary fix and i've since found a better solution.

Wow, it turned out spectacular and the sculpting & paint applications are perfect. The base is amazing!

Alas, I just cannot get over the design of the 'breastplate-bikini' so will be passing; personally very disappointed but congrats to those who love it. :dunno

Lame Ex but...

WILL BE MINE!

md382h.jpg
How awesome didn't this come out. Holy **** I'm buying it like right away man.
:thwak Blasphemer :lol:lol:lol:lol

Al
Lol for real lol. But it's better than what Black Widow got and she turned out pretty awesome too.
You Remembered, Thank You for the Gratuitous Booty Shot my Friend :lol:lol:lol

Al
I wonder if it gets any more gratuitous :pray lol
Price seems very reasonable for the work and detail and is the last nail in the coffin for the P2 Maquette.
$1,200 is beyond silly...I'm out!

Beautiful work Mark! :clap
Yeah Mark. Once again we cannot thank you and the team of artists that worked on this piece. At the price I'm totally okay with it. I'm not even going to complain the PF offers a lot overall even for the reg.
The detail in Thor, also $440, doesn't come close to this imo.
Yup

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

This piece is great, day one pre-order for me. It's great to see the artists's on the boards checking out the feedback. I wish Sideshow would add a way to get a sculptor signature on the bottom of the statues, similar to Bowen's.

Back