Art Appreciation - Pin-Up Style

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_1102.jpg
Nice!!! :rock

any tips on flattening prints i've had grey/frost under heavy books now for 20 hours and they still roll up
Try rolling the other way...carefully.

Next time with that kind of card stock I'll ship it flat, I'll just use really thick cardboard on each side. Sorry for the headache bro.

any tips on flattening prints i've had grey/frost under heavy books now for 20 hours and they still roll up

There is a way...

Put the print on a thick piece a card board, place "barrier" paper above the print (this is important), then blotter paper on top of that. "Lightly" moisten (lightly, I mean LIGHTLY) moisten the blotter paper with a sprayer, WELL AWAY FROM THE PRINT, BEFORE YOU PLACE IT ON TOP.

Put another piece of cardboard on top, same as the first piece, then place a board on top and apply some weight. Should flatten out over night. Then leave the print out for a day or two in case any residual moisture has moved to the print, the barrier paper will stop any seepage or colour runs.

Don't do this in a humid environment. The Art conservators at work use this method & this is on art works worth thousands, but they are trained.

If you have time just leave it under the weights for as long as it needs 'till it's flat, that's the safest way.

Back