Arrested Development movie confirmed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh happy day!

Inside sources close to the negotiations of the upcoming Arrested Development movie tell me that Superbad and Juno star (and before that, hello, George-Michael Bluth!) Michael Cera has finally agreed to do the feature film project.

Cera had been the lone holdout among the show's stars for several weeks. All other Bluths, including Jason Bateman, Portia de Rossi, Will Arnett, Tony Hale, Jessica Walter, Jeffrey Tambor and David Cross, are already game, according to sources.

So when exactly will the movie happen?

According to insiders, the movie may go as early as the end of the year, if they can put it together in time. I'm told Mitchell Hurwitz is writing the script, Ron Howard is directing and Fox Searchlight is the studio.

But don't you dare ask the cast or crew for inside info!

As Ron Howard told our own Ryan Seacrest at the Oscars on Sunday: "It's looking very much like we're going to make [the movie], but we've now been asked to stop offering any details. It's cloaked in a little mystery, but it's looking good."

Um, I'll say!

Anyone else thrilled to see that all the Bluths headed for the big screen? I hear David Cross is so excited he just blue himself.

source: E! Online

Oh happy day!

Inside sources close to the negotiations of the upcoming Arrested Development movie tell me that Superbad and Juno star (and before that, hello, George-Michael Bluth!) Michael Cera has finally agreed to do the feature film project.

Cera had been the lone holdout among the show's stars for several weeks. All other Bluths, including Jason Bateman, Portia de Rossi, Will Arnett, Tony Hale, Jessica Walter, Jeffrey Tambor and David Cross, are already game, according to sources.

So when exactly will the movie happen?

According to insiders, the movie may go as early as the end of the year, if they can put it together in time. I'm told Mitchell Hurwitz is writing the script, Ron Howard is directing and Fox Searchlight is the studio.

But don't you dare ask the cast or crew for inside info!

As Ron Howard told our own Ryan Seacrest at the Oscars on Sunday: "It's looking very much like we're going to make [the movie], but we've now been asked to stop offering any details. It's cloaked in a little mystery, but it's looking good."

Um, I'll say!

Anyone else thrilled to see that all the Bluths headed for the big screen? I hear David Cross is so excited he just blue himself.

source: E! Online

Out of context. :lecture :lol

Funny-ChickenDance.gif

The fact that Michael Cera was the lone holdout, the last to join, makes him sound/look like a diva. Maybe he thought he was too big for Arrested Development now.

Awww... :(

Fans of 'Arrested Development' might not be too happy with David Cross after they read this interview. Why? Because he has doubts that an 'AD' movie is ever going to come to pass.

"(I)t's not going to happen," Cross told me the other day when I spoke to him about his new stand-up special, 'David Cross: Bigger and Blackerer,' which premieres on the new cable channel Epix on Saturday (Friday night) at midnight ET.

"Way too much time it's been (since the show ended)," he told me. "I mean, there's so many people involved. Everyone's doing their own thing, you know. And everybody's aged. It's just not going to happen. I'm sure I speak for everybody when I say we'd love for it to happen, we'd love to work on it, but just I don't think... not going to happen."

https://www.tvsquad.com/2010/04/07/david-cross-arrested-development-movie-not-going-to-happen/

Ugh, Tobias, you blow hard. Even if it means taking a chubby he just needs to suck it up.

:lol

AD S3 has recenlty gone up on Hulu and I've been rewatching them all, this movie needs to happen.

This is easily in the top 3 TV comedies of all time.

Back