Arnold Schwarzenegger Conan PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So let me get this straight:

I preordered something back in July of last year--that is still available now--and I'm going to pay $10 more for it? That is the most messed up thing I've ever heard. Could you please copy and paste the email?

Same thing like how the t-shirt is on this week, but they won't ship it with preorders. Aren't I better off just canceling and ordering again?

im not to sure how it works....it is the first time that this has happened to meConversion Offer
***READ ONLY E-MAIL***
***DO NOT REPLY***

Dear Valued Collector,

Thank you for placing your order for the Conan Premium Format Figure, regular edition (item #7207).

Sideshow Collectibles has the opportunity to upgrade your order for the Conan Premium Format Figure to the Exclusive version (item #72071) for the same price as the regular edition, $324.99. As such, we will automatically be updating your pending order to the Exclusive version of this item.

If you wish to receive the Regular version that you currently have on order, instead of the Exclusive version offered, please email [email protected] with your request by Sunday, May 17, 2009. Please be sure to include your Order Number and “Conan” in the subject line of your email request.

im not to sure how it works....it is the first time that this has happened to meConversion Offer
***READ ONLY E-MAIL***
***DO NOT REPLY***

Dear Valued Collector,

Thank you for placing your order for the Conan Premium Format Figure, regular edition (item #7207).

Sideshow Collectibles has the opportunity to upgrade your order for the Conan Premium Format Figure to the Exclusive version (item #72071) for the same price as the regular edition, $324.99. As such, we will automatically be updating your pending order to the Exclusive version of this item.

If you wish to receive the Regular version that you currently have on order, instead of the Exclusive version offered, please email [email protected] with your request by Sunday, May 17, 2009. Please be sure to include your Order Number and “Conan” in the subject line of your email request.

If this is the case, why should anyone pay the $10 more?

Is this common for SS? I've never seen this before, and frankly, I find it upsetting. I could totally understand if they weren't charging other people more.

If this is the case, why should anyone pay the $10 more?

Is this common for SS? I've never seen this before, and frankly, I find it upsetting. I could totally understand if they weren't charging other people more.

what the? thats really bad, i feel the same way! Had the EX on order for so damn long when i couldve ordered the reg and gotten an automatic upgrade???!!!???
The EX was sold out for a long time, then all the cancellations came and it has been available for some time now, so what are they trying to do?? Sell out the ex themselves by fullfilling reg waitlist orders?
Im thinking if this is the case SS should be offering the same price to all the people who ordered the EX in the start, otherwise this could get messy:banghead
I was even going to cancel my EX and re-order so i could use some reward points on it, but now, hell noooooo! why waste em!

At the end of the day, $10 or a free shirt is not much when you're spending almost $400 on a figure, but it ends up meaning a lot when you end up feeling like you're being shafted by following their posted ordering procedures. If I cancelled my EX order from July today and ordered it again now that it is listed as "in stock," I would have gotten a t-shirt. If I cancelled and ordered the regular, I might have gotten the EX for $10 less.

I sent in an email. Hopefully they will correct the situation somehow.

Last edited:
I sent in an email. Hopefully they will correct the situation somehow.

Same here.

And if its gona be this way, then why bother ordering EX's, might as well just order reg's and wait for them to be 'automatically upgraded'!

Congrats to the lucky people its happening too, thats awesome, but for those of us who have ordered so long ago and were willing to pay the extra price for the EX its unfair and should be amended.

I just saw that the Reg is actually in stock as well now, so i wander why all the cancellations on this item when both the reg and the ex were sold out for a while, i mean even though there are no new pics on this, i think its looks great!

***READ ONLY E-MAIL***
***DO NOT REPLY***

Dear Valued Collector,

This pisses me off!:banghead I ordered this the first day it was listed and now they are converting it to the EX and give people a $10 discount. I hate it when SS pulls this kind of crap. They've done the same thing before on some PFs when an item is delayed, the people on Flexpay have received a 10$-20 discount and the folks who pay the full price at once don't get it.

This is an even worse situation than what you just described because they are both still listed as being in stock and they are both shipping at the same exact time.

Have to agree... that is a bad idea on SS part. Nice to the person who benefits, but does send the wrong message to those who have had the exclusive on order.

Would have been better to offer the Exclusive if they wanted to pay an extra $10.

Has anyone who had there order in already, tried to contact SS to see if they will offer a $10 discount?

Any response?

I'm surprised there aren't more people discussing this piece and this issue in this thread. It seems like the demand for it really died down. Either way, they are making poor decisions by changing pricing for some like this. I hope they adjust ours.

Now they're all listed as being backordered on the site.

They went from "preorder" to "in stock" yesterday. Now backorder. It seems like something is going way wrong with this PF. Was anyone's CC pre-authed on Thurs like they said? Mine wasn't pre-authed yesterday or today yet.

Now they're all listed as being backordered on the site.

They went from "preorder" to "in stock" yesterday. Now backorder. It seems like something is going way wrong with this PF. Was anyone's CC pre-authed on Thurs like they said? Mine wasn't pre-authed yesterday or today yet.

I noticed they usually list back-order when the item has fulfilled the ES.

Back