Prime 1 / Blitzway: Terminator 2 - T-800 (Arnold Schwarzenegger) 1/3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  • You definitely want a soft brush (like a make up brush) and compressed air to dust it off every so often if you don't have an enclosed display case/shelving. I prefer the soft brush approach myself
  • The "rooted" hair here is a bit different than what JND is doing. JND is doing actually rooted hair, meaning the hair is punched into the silicone head. For this Blitzway piece, much like what you might see in custom 1/6 figures and what InArt is doing onth eir 1/6 figures, the "rooted" hair is glued on the resin or plastic sculpt. I haven't had any issue with dusting my "rooted" sculpts but they're in a sealed glass display. Light sprays of compressed air on something this size should be ok. Or again, lightly using a soft bristle brush like that of a make up brush.
  • For the leather at this and smaller scales, I tend to apply some Meguiar's leather conditioner with a soft-bristle hobby paintbrush and wipe with microfiber cloth.
Others might have alternative ways of keeping their stuff clean but this is my approach and I haven't had any issues.
Thank you @Gipetto0812 - this is incredibly helpful! The quality of these statues/figures/collectibles is in a really neat place right now and I collect mostly 1/6th, but started moving into 1/3 mixed media statues (like P1 Ripley and P1 Paul Atreides). Once I saw how good this T800 (and the coming T1000) are, I had to truly consider these works of art for my collection. I am so thrilled that they are offering these--the killer part is which stage of the T800 do I want? I want the hair, but the fully damaged face with the glowing eye are simply the chefs kiss.

As a Brit, I hear you. Which is why after careful consideration and weighting up the pros and cons, I just pre-ordered the regular. I wanted the platinum, but I can't justify paying for the rooted hair and glass eyes. It's only the tear gas grenade launcher, gloved hand and shades I want. Ultimately, I'm good with the regular. As it's just a T2 representation I need. It'll help with shipping and import fees/tax.

Gotta save the bulk of my money for the Scar AVP Predator.
These choices are so odd. The hair is cool, but the regular has so many cool accessories that you can display separately. Damn, I have no idea what I want to do. If they do a T-1000 and he only has sculpted hair standing next to a wool hair Arnold, it might look weird.

Here I am again @Time Lord Collector --and everyone else in here. I do not buy statues very often, but when I see mixed media like this with hair on the platinum I cannot resist wanting this iconic character standing in my room. Any of you here have a lot of experience with mixed media statues and the care involved. I saw the real leather aspect is very cool compared to the disintegrating pleather. What about rooted hair care? Is this a new thing like what JND is doing? What type of care is involved? Do you all think T-1000 will have a platinum version with hair and liquid metal swap out parts? Thanks for any feedback.

I got mixed media with my DUNE Paul Atreides and Aliens Ripley. But T-800 mixed media is real leather, so it's about how well you look after it, like you would do with a real leather jacket. As for the rooted hair, I've never bought it on a statue. The T-1000 is a 50/50. But I'm willing to bet most likely he'll have a rooted hair version, too. As for the swap out parts, who knows which scene they'll go with it?

Are most of you going Prime 1 direct or looking for local authorized sellers? 3rd party sellers? My heart is leaning towards the regular for the glowing eye and accessories. T-1000 looks awesome too, I wish they would allow his pre order now too.

Are most of you going Prime 1 direct or looking for local authorized sellers? 3rd party sellers? My heart is leaning towards the regular for the glowing eye and accessories. T-1000 looks awesome too, I wish they would allow his pre order now too.

I'm in the UK. But I'm getting it straight from Prime 1 in case of any issues, problems or damages. And I've gone with the regular.

Prime 1 direct, ordered Final Battle DX Bonus version, and I am shipping via economy (boat), so there are no import charges to Canada.

Damn, why did they have to make this decision so hard? I know you guys have already been through this, but they put the grenade launcher on the platinum version, but all the cool accessories on the DX version? Why don't they sell an ultimate version? Or would they?

Given the price of the premium and not wanting to pay import fees/tax on it, I'll probably go US based with either Spec, ComicConcepts or Secret Compass. Just waiting until the new year to pay off the credit cards after all the holiday purchases :LOL:

Given the price of the premium and not wanting to pay import fees/tax on it, I'll probably go US based with either Spec, ComicConcepts or Secret Compass. Just waiting until the new year to pay off the credit cards after all the holiday purchases :LOL:
I am also here in the US and I just ordered something from Secret Compass--they are pretty awesome. @Gipetto0812 Are they eating the import taxes? It doesn't look like its marked up.

Damn, why did they have to make this decision so hard? I know you guys have already been through this, but they put the grenade launcher on the platinum version, but all the cool accessories on the DX version? Why don't they sell an ultimate version? Or would they?
If you can than buy both. If you have to choose one than go with your favorite look IMO. Do you want the Terminator at peak power or you want the beat up version from the end? Personally I went with the platinum. I love the more realistic next gen look.

However if there would be a platinum version with the final battle look I would have bought that one instead. You can't go wrong either way. Both are great looking.

I am also here in the US and I just ordered something from Secret Compass--they are pretty awesome. @Gipetto0812 Are they eating the import taxes? It doesn't look like its marked up.
I believe the stores do take care of the import fees if it’s over the ~$1600 limit. But, I’ll be honest and say I don’t know 100% as the highest priced collectible I’ve ever purchased was $1200 which was under the limit. I haven’t heard of any stores passing on the import charges to the customers, though. Maybe some of our fellow collectors who buy these higher priced items know more? I was just thinking of shooting them an email after the new year to double check about those things. I just recently realized that I’ll be hit with import fees for my JND Cavill and Reeve Superman statues and would love to avoid that in the future if I can. And if that means going with a US retailer but having to wait a little longer to receive it then so be it. I honestly don’t even know how to go about paying import fees when something like this gets to the US 😅

Go with the version which looks more appealing to you? Price point and look.

I'm satisfied with the regular. The platinum, I care not for rooted hair and glass eyes. And the DX, the swap outs will just sit in the box. Personally, I just need one T2 representation. So, I'm fine with the regular (saves me a lot of £).

So for those of us in the US or for who SS ships to, they finally listed these for a little more than Prime 1 Direct.
Screen Shot 2023-12-23 at 10.04.40 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-12-23 at 10.05.27 AM.png

If you can than buy both. If you have to choose one than go with your favorite look IMO. Do you want the Terminator at peak power or you want the beat up version from the end? Personally I went with the platinum. I love the more realistic next gen look.

However if there would be a platinum version with the final battle look I would have bought that one instead. You can't go wrong either way. Both are great looking.

I went with the Platinum at Secret Compass.

I can finally stop thinking about this finally. :lol but part of me still wants the Final Battle.

I guess I'll settle for the 1:6 figure as my representation for Final Battle. I already PO'd the T2 Queen bust for $4K so I probably not splurge on a second Prime 1 statue.

I went with the Platinum at Secret Compass.

I can finally stop thinking about this finally. :lol but part of me still wants the Final Battle.

I guess I'll settle for the 1:6 figure as my representation for Final Battle. I already PO'd the T2 Queen bust for $4K so I probably not splurge on a second Prime 1 statue.
Haha. Same here but one is more than enough for me. :) Good choice by the way!

From JND, the T2 license goes until 2025. Wonder if they'll try to get it then? Makes sense if both QS and P1 are putting new pieces out before renewal. JND has been wanting to do T2 for some time.

From JND, the T2 license goes until 2025. Wonder if they'll try to get it then? Makes sense if both QS and P1 are putting new pieces out before renewal. JND has been wanting to do T2 for some time.
I imagine JND will go for the Galleria look then. Dang, now I don’t know if I should wait for that or still proceed with Blitzway 🤔

Back