Prime 1 / Blitzway: Terminator 2 - T-800 (Arnold Schwarzenegger) 1/3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that might be another reason I prefer the Platinum, as it's closer to what we actually saw on screen and not as much of an "idealized" version of a battle-damaged Terminator with an actual endo skull and ripped off arm. In the movie he had the puffy face and a huge hump on his shoulder and didn't look anywhere near as cool as the statue makes him seem. Lol
:lol I usually prefer replicating all the bulky imperfections of the man-in-a-suit aesthetic, but do we really want a statue of this?

1702417011423.png

:lol I usually prefer replicating all the bulky imperfections of the man-in-a-suit aesthetic, but do we really want a statue of this?

View attachment 678160
I'm sure James Cameron did not wnt the shot to look like this, but with arines big bulky arms and the angle of the shot they got this. The statue itself is how it should have looked in the movie without the imperfections.

I also think it may have been due to time restraint and budget, as in the movie they never got his red eye to correlate with the human eye which they could have done in vfx.

Did they really not have the technology to erase his arm somehow? Maybe they couldn't do it digitally yet, but surely there was some greenscreen trick they could have used.

I think that might be another reason I prefer the Platinum, as it's closer to what we actually saw on screen and not as much of an "idealized" version of a battle-damaged Terminator with an actual endo skull and ripped off arm. In the movie he had the puffy face and a huge hump on his shoulder and didn't look anywhere near as cool as the statue makes him seem. Lol
I believe you are correct. Platinum is easier on the eyes as we are use to that look. Though my eyes will get use to the idealised final battle look as prime 1 have beautiful sculpts.

All in all, it's a hard decision to make. I am glad prime 1 didn't go all accuracy with pancake Arnie in final battle, as a kid I thought it was the most coolest looking make up effects. Now it barely passes as a lazy Sunday cosplay outfit haha.

I believe you are correct. Platinum is easier on the eyes as we are use to that look. Though my eyes will get use to the idealised final battle look as prime 1 have beautiful sculpts.

All in all, it's a hard decision to make. I am glad prime 1 didn't go all accuracy with pancake Arnie in final battle, as a kid I thought it was the most coolest looking make up effects. Now it barely passes as a lazy Sunday cosplay outfit haha.
Yeah don't get me wrong, I'm still incredibly tempted to order the final battle look as well.

Okay guys! Now this clears things up. Chest damage will be the same on every version. I am relieved! :)

Attachments

• 407206727_179959365198542_141947683921494638_n.jpg
    407206727_179959365198542_141947683921494638_n.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I'm leaning towards T2 Platinum but the decision is more difficult than when I paid the premium for the Michael Jackson Black Label from Blitzway.

But wish the Platinum came with some of those swap out parts, sculpt and endoarm of the other edition.

I already own the Blitzway 1:1 endoarm and have the Queen bust on PO so I guess I can live without the arm.

I'm leaning towards T2 Platinum but the decision is more difficult than when I paid the premium for the Michael Jackson Black Label from Blitzway.

But wish the Platinum came with some of those swap out parts, sculpt and endoarm of the other edition.

I already own the Blitzway 1:1 endoarm and have the Queen bust on PO so I guess I can live without the arm.
Endo arm is part of the platinum.

I pre-ordered the regular for the same reason as you both. Saved space, but more importantly saved £500 - £600.

Having a T2 piece and Arnold Schwarzenegger likeness is a must-have. I now have film representations from DUNE Paul Atreides (Timothee Chalamet), Aliens Ripley (Sigourney Weaver), Predator Jungle Hunter.

Are you guys getting the Endo and T-1000, too? Or just this one definitive piece from the line?
I have the Sideshow Endo half scale and the Hot Toys Endo 1/4. I’m trying not to order it…but know I will give in…lol. I have the Enterbay 1000, but you know…damn…they make it so hard not to order, lol…

Here I am again @Time Lord Collector --and everyone else in here. I do not buy statues very often, but when I see mixed media like this with hair on the platinum I cannot resist wanting this iconic character standing in my room. Any of you here have a lot of experience with mixed media statues and the care involved. I saw the real leather aspect is very cool compared to the disintegrating pleather. What about rooted hair care? Is this a new thing like what JND is doing? What type of care is involved? Do you all think T-1000 will have a platinum version with hair and liquid metal swap out parts? Thanks for any feedback.

Here I am again @Time Lord Collector --and everyone else in here. I do not buy statues very often, but when I see mixed media like this with hair on the platinum I cannot resist wanting this iconic character standing in my room. Any of you here have a lot of experience with mixed media statues and the care involved. I saw the real leather aspect is very cool compared to the disintegrating pleather. What about rooted hair care? Is this a new thing like what JND is doing? What type of care is involved? Do you all think T-1000 will have a platinum version with hair and liquid metal swap out parts? Thanks for any feedback.
  • You definitely want a soft brush (like a make up brush) and compressed air to dust it off every so often if you don't have an enclosed display case/shelving. I prefer the soft brush approach myself
  • The "rooted" hair here is a bit different than what JND is doing. JND is doing actual rooted hair, meaning the hair is punched into the silicone head. For this Blitzway piece, much like what you might see in custom 1/6 figures and what InArt is doing on their 1/6 figures, the "rooted" hair is glued on the resin or plastic sculpt. I haven't had any issue with dusting my "rooted" sculpts but they're in a sealed glass display. Light sprays of compressed air on something this size should be ok. Or again, lightly using a soft bristle brush like that of a make up brush.
  • For the leather at this and smaller scales, I tend to apply some Meguiar's leather conditioner with a soft-bristle hobby paintbrush and wipe with microfiber cloth.
Others might have alternative ways of keeping their stuff clean but this is my approach and I haven't had any issues.

Last edited:
Back