Arnie Kim joins the Hot Toys team... And Reeves Superman is his project!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That heresy only cause some of you guys think that Arnie should only be doing Bruce Lee his whole life. The man is obviously talented and his talents should be used doing some other thing.

That heresy only cause some of you guys think that Arnie should only be doing Bruce Lee his whole life. The man is obviously talented and his talents should be used doing some other thing.

I didn't mention or even imply that Kim should ONLY be doing Bruce Lee his whole life.

I said it was heresy to be "sick and tired" of sculpting Bruce Lee. Apart from this obviously being tongue in cheek, the practical reality for Hot Toys is that there is still a lot of mileage - ie money - to be had out of the Bruce Lee line.

Hot Toys could go back and do every Bruce Lee character Enterbay has ever touched simply because Enterbay's figures are priced beyond the reach of the average joe collector. Even at 200 bucks Hot Toys' Enter the Dragon is half what a single EB equivalent costs, so there's a big hole in the market waiting to be plugged.

I've got a feeling Hot Toys is going to do just that and who better to help them do it than Kim? But that's not to say he won't have plenty of other interesting projects to keep him interested. Chillax.

That's one advice that might end up biting you in the ass.

I honestly don't believe the BD sculpt will go untouched... they must be working on it!

yo are you coming down to TO for the FanExpo?
:borg:

Who me ? Never been there.

Agreed.

Makes me mad when I see people say 'Arnie, please fix the DX04' !!

What the hell!! thats like going up to top class chef who just poured his signiture sauce onto your steak and then asking him to pass the salt!!

C'mon people, be real. If HT does ask or let Arnie fix the Bruce then I think its the wrong move.

I'm sure he won't impose himself but I'm also sure that Yuli knowing he's the master will probably ask for pointers. If you have a master at something working with you, no matter the field of work you're in, you ask for pointers. Unless your ego is too big.

Bad advice indeed. People will want the DX Bruce (great set and extras) to go with any future Arnie Kim HT Bruces.

Not to mention that the Ex through Sideshow is a damn good deal.

LOL I thought this would only happen in an Asian family :thud:

Hmm aeh is it? well I am Asian :slap :lol But I am sure this dun happen to only Asians just men??!! But good advise about the makeup except my wife dun wear much if any at all..... but good point... gotto find something that they care enoughh about.........

Bad advice.

I would have to agree. I am still hopeful that Yulli improving the sculp and will draw from this new talent just because she is pasionate about this job. However again I remember vividly that in an interview they gave it was mentioned that they always have to compromise on the quality of the headsculp due to time limitation set by the project? What I really hope is that Arnie will bring in a new force to encourage HT to allow their talents to dedicate more time to each project

You guys all know that almost all the sculptors and painters out of Korea are friends right? If you read their blogs most are talking about how good of friends they all are. HT management is the problem from what I've been reading. At the end of the day all are doing what they are told by their bosses.

You guys all know that almost all the sculptors and painters out of Korea are friends right? If you read their blogs most are talking about how good of friends they all are. HT management is the problem from what I've been reading. At the end of the day all are doing what they are told by their bosses.

They all have respect for each other even for the unknowns, as they know they are the best in th world!

Why is that though? How come Korea? Is there some special sculpting college there or is it just a special talent within the people? I always wondered that cuz they ARE the best, no doubt.

I hope Arnie Kim will make a Rocky 1.
The one-off he made for Enterbay is amazing
gud2js_20080924214730_7850583_1.jpg

And I will have a Deckard off him too
gud2js_20100604230810_12866209_1.JPG

Why is that though? How come Korea? Is there some special sculpting college there or is it just a special talent within the people? I always wondered that cuz they ARE the best, no doubt.

Asians are smaller and have tiny hands. This gets them closer to the work.
Lets face it, caucasians are just damn big.

:dunno:monkey2:wink1:

Hmm aeh is it? well I am Asian :slap :lol But I am sure this dun happen to only Asians just men??!! But good advise about the makeup except my wife dun wear much if any at all..... but good point... gotto find something that they care enoughh about.........

I would have to agree. I am still hopeful that Yulli improving the sculp and will draw from this new talent just because she is pasionate about this job. However again I remember vividly that in an interview they gave it was mentioned that they always have to compromise on the quality of the headsculp due to time limitation set by the project? What I really hope is that Arnie will bring in a new force to encourage HT to allow their talents to dedicate more time to each project

I'm positive the sculpt will be worked on even more and Arnie will have some input. If you had someone at work you knew was the best at something and you heard criticism all over the place, wouldn't you ask that persons advice or get some help from them ? It just doesn't make sense that both of them will be in the same shop and not discuss this and work on it.

That's one advice that might end up biting you in the ass.

I honestly don't believe the BD sculpt will go untouched... they must be working on it!

I don't follow - why is it bad advice to wait for the next HT Bruce Lee? At least in my case, I'm not interested in the dioramas, or the battle-damaged figure.

That's what is tearing me up about this release - I love the non-BD head sculpt and the outfits look top-notch.

So to get what I personally want - essentially a non-BD body, non BD HS and a couple of outfits - I'm up for 220 plus 40-50 shipping. I realise that purchasing a figure usually involves some sort of compromise with accessories, but half this box I want badly and the other half I couldn't care less about.

Doesn't it make sense for me to hold out for a future Bruce Lee release, and one which will likely have Kim's fingerprints all over it from the outset?

Back