Arnie Kim joins the Hot Toys team... And Reeves Superman is his project!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/LgTLx93vyrU?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/LgTLx93vyrU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I hope they have Arnie sculpt a few dozen other characters before his overlords force him to do yet another Bruce Lee.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/LgTLx93vyrU?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/LgTLx93vyrU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Aside from being insanely racist (to both races), I think it's strange, considering that during the early nineties I remember there was controversy about many Japanese companies in America hiring only Caucasian staff. One example would be Nintendo.

ENTERBAY official announcement:

In response to the company development and new business stragegies, ENTERBAY has decided not to extend the contract with Mr Arnie Kim.

Meanwhile, all the Bruce Lee collection will continue to develop and launch.

Stay tuned to our new Real Masterpiece 1/6 Bruce Lee :)

Yeah, right. Like I'm going to believe that :cuckoo:

I wouldn't count Enterbay out as long as they have YJ Park. And I'd expect that Arnie will deliver the projects he's started for Enterbay, unless Hot Toys buys them from Enterbay. That's the next 1/4 scale bust with the lats pose, and a battle-damaged GOD 1/6 figure.

It's funny, but Arnie has mentioned in his blog (or maybe Lalla's blog) his interest in doing Reeve. A few months ago he also mentioned his interest in doing an Audrey Hepburn, which, although Rainman will get there first now, would certainly fit in with the Hot Toys Brando and Dean line. My personal wish would be for Arnie's Air Force One Harrison Ford. I have his SPR Hanks, and it's terrific, not a caricature at all.

Oh, and I wouldn't rule out Trevor doing something for Hot Toys. Andy B has worked for Hot Toys -- he did the Dallas head from Alien, and the Martians from Mars Attacks! so you never know...Trevor could get a call...

His facebook friends went from 150 to 350 over night after this announcement,he deserves the attention because what he has done to the Bruce Lee figures are out of this world.Can't wait to see what he can do with other Characters,Yulli/Arnie Kim working together on a Rocky 1 would be amazing!!!

My hopes of a DX Rocky with this in the set have increased dramatically!!

Here

gud2js20080924214730785.jpg

59266754.jpg

47511890.jpg

70344159.jpg

Don't forget that Rocky 1 is his favourite movie,he said so himself at his facebook page so i think him leaving EB for HT increases the chances for a Rocky figure.

From Arnie's FB page:

"Hello dear my fans,

Sincerely, I appreciate all of your support to me and Enterbay, I regret that I couldn't anwer each of you.
I would like to ask all of you could keep cheering Enterbay's passion even though I leave, Enterbay is great company ever I knew,
also, I will do my best with lastest dream as artist in the HOTTOYS, and I wish... I could have constant cheering from all of you,

Best regards
Arnie"

Funny thing is that i contacted Arnie Kim a month ago about the possibility to sculpt a HD Chris Reeve and said to me that he was going to do it soon as a commission....and now this!:yess:

Funny thing is that i contacted Arnie Kim a month ago about the possibility to sculpt a HD Chris Reeve and said to me that he was going to do it soon as a commission....and now this!:yess:

Well that's one hell of a commission...

hot toys + Arnie-------does any toy co have hope now-----i think not

No! There is another. He sculpts at lower end but I and many others believe Kyle Windrix, working for Hot Toys, would add to the dream team. Of course it'd likely never happen and even if it did it'd be too late for the Alien, Predator and Terminator licenses.

And I bump this thread! In the EB Game of Death thread there was some talk about a rumour of Kim being let go from HT. I figure rather than let the 'GoD' thread get too off-topic we'd continue here. Plus, if someone has news about Kim they're probably more likely to come to a thread with his name in it.

Maybe he's freelancing then. I don't remember him in those HT team member pics posted on Facebook earlier in the year. So maybe it's true.

I think he was having trouble sculpting for PERS. The CR Superman sculpt he did was stellar, but it was initially slated for the DX treatment. Word is, and I could also have heard this from myself - he argued for a straight MMS release because he couldn't do it justice with PERS.

He also had a bit of trouble with the WoD sculpt he did for EB. I've got his Bean sculpt and I love it. I hope he's still around somewhere doing something... maybe he just took a holiday? A sweet, year long holiday.

I feel like if HT did let him go it would have to be for more than simply the quality of the (two?) sculpts he produced. Their 'proven' sculptors have done worse than the Indiana Jones. If he was let go I'd have to imagine there was something more to it.

And if he was let go, where does he go from there?

Back