Ark of the Covenant Prop Replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Sideshow was going to make an accessory for the Raiders PF, why not the Idol Pedestal with connecting base? Seems like a no brainer to me. Of course SS would find a way to charge $250 for that too.
Instead SS gives us basically a stand alone piece.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark_government_warehouse2.jpg
So guys is anybody going to buy this or not...i was expecting THE ARK but an ark with similar colour with idol and a better finish overall and not so expencive so for now is a pass for me...i think this will be remain deep hidden in sideshow's warehouse like the final shot of the movie

Last edited:
I ordered one. It looks cool to me. Of course if it comes out the same time as Sparrow this is gone.

Last edited:
This is larger that I thought it would be (23.5 inches, 11 inches tall) but I'm still searching for the Indy PF that doesn't have the ultra-tanned face. After I find that, I'll grab the idol then this last (maybe).

I'm gonna wait for these to show up on the secondary market later.... plus not being plated worries me... the 1/6 version was bested by Hasbro... which is a shame...

As much as I love Indy and Raiders, I have no real desire to get this one. It's very disappointing that the finish is not chromed, especially after the grief they got for the 1:6 version.

I'm still drooling for the idol, though.

For $250, it should of had some sort of stand or even an exclusive accessory like the Nazi crate. Hell, the one you are buying alone is missing a feature itself!

Can you see what I am referring to?...

arjones.jpg

For 1:4 scale, no excuse for that.

I may still get it despite my gripes, but it seems I wil lhave to add stuff to my own to make it better IMO.

Well, I posted the following on Ask sideshow. I know folks thought it was a waste of time, but someone's gotta try dammit!

Dear Sideshow. I'm really excited about the 1/4 Ark of the Covenant. Thank you for making one! However, there are a few inaccuracies which we'd love it if you could correct before production to make it the ultimate Ark collectible. Please consider re-working the following:

The railings around the lid are too large resulting in the wrong number of points or segments. There should be 13 on the long sides and 8 on the narrow.

The angels' wings should be less deep and more streamlined, and pretty much touching in the middle.

The two squares that the angels stand on should not be the same size. The upper one should be smaller than the lower-this was right on your 1/6 Ark.

The feet of the Ark should taper more-to end with a thinner point at the bottom.

Please see what you can do. As a "replica" we are hoping for as close to the movie look as possible. Thanks-we love you Sideshow!!!!

Back