Ark of the Covenant Prop Replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just added one saying I hope its shinier than the 1/6 so we'll see if that makes it. I don't think the 1/6 is as bad as everyone seems to think but there is a lot of room for improvement so THIS one better be a lot better.

I just added one saying I hope its shinier than the 1/6 so we'll see if that makes it. I don't think the 1/6 is as bad as everyone seems to think but there is a lot of room for improvement so THIS one better be a lot better.

I enjoy my 1/6th but like you said there is room for improvement but if they DON'T improve on the 1/4th scale than that is a major WTF.

Man, I've been excited for this all year, and now the bloody thing looks the same as the 1/6 one, except it's a little shinier. The only thing is, the larger scale makes the errors more apparent! Railings are all wrong, fabric on poles is wrong. Watch the movie Sideshow! Why can I spot these things after 2 minutes of research at home, and they cannot? I'm very disappointed.....

Man, I've been excited for this all year, and now the bloody thing looks the same as the 1/6 one, except it's a little shinier. The only thing is, the larger scale makes the errors more apparent! Railings are all wrong, fabric on poles is wrong. Watch the movie Sideshow! Why can I spot these things after 2 minutes of research at home, and they cannot? I'm very disappointed.....

I will accept any inaccuracies as long as the damn thing shines.

Alright I think I have been in this thread too much now.

Looks crap again. Anything shines if you hit it with a flood light.

Sideshow prefers Fortune and Glory over It Belongs in a Museum.

jamesoncooper said:
Honestly, I'm convinced that neither they nor LFL care about quality and accuracy in INDY product. At this point that's really the most rational conclusion.

This entire endeavor has been one disappointment after another, with a gem or two sprinkled in.

Still holding out hope for a glorious Mola Ram PF.

From the beginning I only planned on getting collectilbes from TOD but I do feel bad for you guys wanting nice Raiders products. Seems like there's been one or more major issues with almost every release.

At last years SDCC, I asked one of the sideshow artist what scale this would be in and when he responded 1/4, I remember thinking "what's the point then?"

Meaning, instead of producing scaled replicas, why not spend the R&D to develop smaller "official" 1:1 props that fans (more specifically me :D ) have been clamoring for years? Cross of Coronado, Sankara stones, staff of Rah headpiece anyone? :gah::gah:

I am not sure about this.
Well if Sideshow did an amazing job on it like the Mola Ram pf well then I believe it would be a huge seller! Also I might be the only one but I would love to see an alien pf from kotcs like in my sig and the ex could be the skeleton throne. Just a thought.

Wow, $250 is a bit pricey but it looks more shiny than the 1/6 version. I'll have to think about this one.

No way I am getting this. Prop replica? I don't think so. I was hoping Sideshow would step it up a notch, and make an actual prop replica as stated ( 1:1 !!!!). But I should have expected this. Disappointed once again. But I am sure Indy fans starved for ROTLA will but this, but even though I am in that category I definitely won't just because Sideshow's lack of care for this license is disgusting.

So how come its considered a prop replica, but its only 1/4 scaled? Is there some 1/4 version seen on film... or just a bad title?

Either way, not that impressed and don't feel the need to spend $250 on a box :lol

No way I am getting this. Prop replica? I don't think so. I was hoping Sideshow would step it up a notch, and make an actual prop replica as stated ( 1:1 !!!!). But I should have expected this. Disappointed once again. But I am sure Indy fans starved for ROTLA will but this, but even though I am in that category I definitely won't just because Sideshow's lack of care for this license is disgusting.

Not sure why you are surprised, this was known to be 1/4th scale from the beginning.

So how come its considered a prop replica, but its only 1/4 scaled? Is there some 1/4 version seen on film... or just a bad title?

Either way, not that impressed and don't feel the need to spend $250 on a box :lol

Bad title.

Back