Statue ARH Studios Alexander the Great with Bucephalus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cavalry troopers had a shield as part of their gear. A smaller type shield for obvious reasons but they had one. Alexander was saved by his shield at several great battles. When riding the shield was held at their back or side and when fighting on horse of course they were trained to handle both shield and sword or spear because when you battle on horse its obvious that you don`t run at the same time. The horse is rather static and more easily maneuvered. You can guide it by your body and legs. You can also hold the reins at the same time because the shield is smaller and lighter.
Shield is a must have. No shield and you were dead.

Cavalry troopers had a shield as part of their gear. A smaller type shield for obvious reasons but they had one. Alexander was saved by his shield at several great battles. When riding the shield was held at their back or side and when fighting on horse of course they were trained to handle both shield and sword or spear because when you battle on horse its obvious that you don`t run at the same time. The horse is rather static and more easily maneuvered. You can guide it by your body and legs. You can also hold the reins at the same time because the shield is smaller and lighter.

Thanks!

Has anyone noticed that we based this statue pose after the battle?
He has conquered already and is overseeing his troops - at least its what Arhaom had in mind :)

:exactly:

Well said! :goodpost::exactly:

Shield is a must have

Weapons . . . .

Arrian tells us that the sarissophoroi were part of the assault force at Alexander’s battle at the Granicus River. In the Alexander mosaic (see a more completed reconstruction below), we can see Alexander wielding the sarissa as he skewers his opponent. It is held in one hand and carried in the middle to evenly support the weight. Furthermore, it is shorter than the infantry equivalent at 12.5 feet but still longer than a spear wielding opponent.

cavalry-sarissa-alexander[1].jpgyhst-71834276129357_2227_677721680[1].jpgyhst-71834276129357_2226_518285648[1].jpgyhst-71834276129357_2226_483973624[1].jpgyhst-71834276129357_2226_483907722[1].jpg344064360_o[1].jpg

Awesome work averone!

I've made the pre-order and looking at the EX upgrade pack, I am extremely looking forward to the Cape! as I believe that the cape will balance out Alexander with the horse, seeing at the horse is so big I kinda feel like the horse is a bit to commanding and dominating. Though the cape should balance it out nicely and give Alexander more compositional space. Hopefully the cape design will follow the 2004 film cape design and the famed Battle of Issus mosaic.cap 2.jpg

Though the helmet is the upgrade I am most looking forward to. I am REALLY hoping that the helmet will not be the hideous and historically inaccurate helmet worn by Alexander during the Battle of Gaugamela scene. Unfortunelty this helmet seems to be the one that is most ripped-off and copied, so I'm really hoping that this is not the case also. The angled side projecting feathers really makes the helmet comical, breaks the image of Alexander THE GREAT and all CONQUERING hero. If there are to be side feathers they should the 90 degrees upwards and not coming out of an elongated nuzzle.

For the Helmet my mind can only go to the Helmet worm by Alexander during the Battle in India scene where he takes on the elephant! This helmet is more realistic, historical and has the awesome traditional Greek Hellenistic design to it that is instantly recognisable and epic (rather than the ugly fantasy design of the Gaugamela helmet). Below is an image of the Alexander with the Battle in India Helmet, and an image of a historically accurate helmet design of the period. Hopefully the two images can provide with inspiration for the Alexander helmet design you will come up with.Alex helm.jpg

Great work.Although it is like Stones movie and not like the real one.But thats not a problem.It is an amazing statue.Super

has the second head and the cape been made yet? Averone?

If it has I have not seen it yet. I think they are patiently waiting on the digital printer to be installed first to give it a go.

Back