Statue ARH Studios Alexander the Great with Bucephalus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:goodpost::exactly:

so what colors would you think are right?

They have to do their homework :lecture

...but I' d go with ivory armor with golden edges and stripes.

Also for Bucephalas I 'd go with black or really dark brown and a white mark on his forehead...and I don't think that the horse's hairy paw is accurate at all. It's wrong.

Alexander sword should be bigger

At first I also thought that it should be larger...but I think it depends on the angle you look at it...so it might be ok...

I say number 10 sir

Between 6% and 10% is all good

They have to do their homework :lecture

...but I' d go with ivory armor with golden edges and stripes.

Also for Bucephalas I 'd go with black or really dark brown and a white mark on his forehead...and I don't think that the horse's hairy paw is accurate at all. It's wrong.

I hear you Kadmos! I Agree with you about the color choice! But let's see what they come up with!! Depends what sources they use for their homework.

I am hoping the disaster of the Red Armor on Ares is not repeated here.

So I am assuming you think the hairy paw makes him look more like a big plough horse and not the great war horse...? right?

Yes I do not think that this was a feature of Bucephalas or a common Thessalian horse hairstyling.

shire1.jpg

I would leave the horse as it is. with at most a 2% size increase.

You don't want to make the horse the most dominant aspect of the statue. This is a statue of Alexander the great, thus he should be given computational priority, of course while respecting scale. This is a statue of a historical figure, not a fantasy/fiction figure, so the horse must be realistic in size.

Also please make his hair brown. not the Hollywood blonde we have seen in Hollywood films. Base your likeness and appearance on the Battle of Issus Mosaic, which many historians believe to be the best historical depiction of Alexander (Brown hair)

If this Alexander has the Hollywood blonde hair, I will not purchase the statue and find it as an insult to history and the integrity of the statue

6% seems about right, 10% would be as big as I would go.
As for hair color, Alexander was said by many accounts to have blond hair. Also some modern historians think he might've had Scoliosis based on images of him with his head always turned to the side.

I would leave the horse as it is. with at most a 2% size increase.

You don't want to make the horse the most dominant aspect of the statue. This is a statue of Alexander the great, thus he should be given computational priority, of course while respecting scale. This is a statue of a historical figure, not a fantasy/fiction figure, so the horse must be realistic in size.

Also please make his hair brown. not the Hollywood blonde we have seen in Hollywood films. Base your likeness and appearance on the Battle of Issus Mosaic, which many historians believe to be the best historical depiction of Alexander (Brown hair)

If this Alexander has the Hollywood blonde hair, I will not purchase the statue and find it as an insult to history and the integrity of the statue

Yeah I agree 100%. That is the most iconic image of Alexander The Great!

In addition I would love to see Alexander with 3 head options. Conan had 3 heads - then Alexander should get the royal treatment too..I think he earned it! (but please not those conan heads :nono)

1. Brown Hair
2. Blonde Hair
3. With Helmet

ARH has nailed the pose already!!! I can live with a semi-plough horse look..as long as he is black!!!...It's almost a home run...but will it make it over the fence.....:dunno!!!

Thank the gods we didn't get the original design with the zombie holding the flag!:wink1:

Yeah I agree 100%. That is the most iconic image of Alexander The Great!

In addition I would love to see Alexander with 3 head options. Conan had 3 heads - then Alexander should get the royal treatment too..I think he earned it! (but please not those conan heads :nono)

1. Brown Hair
2. Blonde Hair
3. With Helmet

ARH has nailed the pose already!!! I can live with a semi-plough horse look..as long as he is black!!!...It's almost a home run...but will it make it over the fence.....:dunno!!!

Thank the gods we didn't get the original design with the zombie holding the flag!:wink1:

Im happy you are back in the game, but I am now very doubtful you will buy from ARH Studios directly. Its a real shame that such negative comments are so critical of our work.

Let me tell you from the start, we do things the way we like. We will listen to our customers and change a few things but there are limits to our changes. Nothing will ever get done if we keep changing, because of color and preference.

The fact that someone is actually doing this statue is amazing!

We will see what happens, but the horse is for sure black, helmet head we are not sure.

Im happy you are back in the game, but I am now very doubtful you will buy from ARH Studios directly. Its a real shame that such negative comments are so critical of our work.

Let me tell you from the start, we do things the way we like. We will listen to our customers and change a few things but there are limits to our changes. Nothing will ever get done if we keep changing, because of color and preference.

The fact that someone is actually doing this statue is amazing!

We will see what happens, but the horse is for sure black, helmet head we are not sure.

If you don't make a helmet start running for cover averone!! oh come on now ARH, u know I am your biggest supporter :horror

I am waiting until the last minute to pre-order all the statues...send me the invoice

At first I also thought that it should be larger...but I think it depends on the angle you look at it...so it might be ok...

Between 6% and 10% is all good

I hear you Kadmos! I Agree with you about the color choice! But let's see what they come up with!! Depends what sources they use for their homework.

I am hoping the disaster of the Red Armor on Ares is not repeated here.

So I am assuming you think the hairy paw makes him look more like a big plough horse and not the great war horse...? right?
I think Ares armor looks great , and is certaintly far from a disaster. I love the blood red smeared all over him look. I think if they made the gold on his chest emblem and trim a little more enhanced with just blood splatter on it, it would be perfect.

I think Ares armor looks great , and is certaintly far from a disaster. I love the blood red smeared all over him look. I think if they made the gold on his chest emblem and trim a little more enhanced with just blood splatter on it, it would be perfect.

I am still not convinced he is Greek :nono

Anyway :wave

You could always wait for the next company that will release a Ares statue!!

Yeah I know what a bummer :monkey2

Btw you said your Greek right?
You already own plenty of ARH statues...and no doubt pre-ordered Ares right?

You must have a great collection of Greek statues

I've been lurking in this thread for months, but now that we have some models to drool over I cannot hide in the shadows anymore.

6% looks about right to me.

Back