Statue ARH Conan W/Slave Girl and 8FT Snake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have yet to unbox this, but I wanted to ask for your opinion on an email I received from Arahom. Could you please check out the Ares God Of War thread. Let me know of your views.

I just got notice from the port of arrival they come in late night tomorrow for the EX, but customs has to hold for inspection. Typically it takes about a week for them to release them.
Suitcases packed ready to go I'm eager to get them for you too!

I thought they already arrived and you were just waiting on customs,I want my gold Athena,

Arrival and processing are out of our hands. Its up the authorities to hurry it up now.
My job is to inform you of our progress, wish I could go speed things up but can't do much on our end. Waiting now along with you.
Zeus, I missed out on the first Athena too, so believe you and me, I am just as eager to get my stuff too

Arrival and processing are out of our hands. Its up the authorities to hurry it up now.
My job is to inform you of our progress, wish I could go speed things up but can't do much on our end. Waiting now along with you.
Zeus, I missed out on the first Athena too, so believe you and me, I am just as eager to get my stuff too

I got the silver Athena so I'm not worried.Hehe, just need the gold one to pair them up

Finally got to unboxing this yesterday, will be posting my video review of the same soon. Quick thoughts on the same :

1- Fooooooaaaaaam. Seriously make sure you unbox it in an area with plenty of space and no fans or AC on. Have a hoover or Ideally a minivac at hand. Also have a small brush available. My process is take a piece out, remove as much loose foam as possible by hand and dump it back into main foam box. Then use the mini van to suck up whatever is left if possible. Finally use the make up brush ( a cheap set of brushes will go a long way) . You may still have some foam that's lodged in some crevices in the base that's hard to get to. Don't worry just give it time and try using a toothpick if that helps.
2- if you have a location available for this to be displayed in then my recommendation is to set it up there directly. Otherwise moving it becomes a chore once all parts are set up. Not to mention super heavy. Also note that given all Snake parts are just slotted in if you attempt moving it attached there is 100% chance the Snake parts will fall off.
3-As mentioned above the Snake parts slot into place easily. They are surprisingly stable once fixed but again don't attempt moving it in this position. They can and will come loose.
4- The best way to fix the snakes head in my opinion is as follows, first peg in the head into the corresponding peg in the body, then slot in the end of the body part into the base. Position the chain link part ( which hides the Seam where both Snake parts attach) to rest on the curve in the base. It will rest on it basically. It's sounds harder than it is but once done it is stable.
4- The girl doesn't slot into the base completely flush. And I tried. I think that is the way she has to be. Honestly you can't make it out because of her position and the snakes body . I presume that is the case because of the angle required , her position and the base layout.
5- It will take some finesse to attach her arms. While the magnets are strong, the fit is too tight. You will have to ensure that the angles are right, so ensure that they are on in the right position by referring to photos if required.
6- She doesn't align with the Snake in terms of line of sight. Again I presume this is because the Snake is probably looking at Conan in its current position and the girl is probably scared the body or the crumbling floor will crush her. She is generally looking in the direction of the Snake though.
7- The chain from the mast simply slots on to the corresponding shackles on the girl's hand and leg. Basically the end link is just slotted on the the protruding part on the shackles. Once done the effect is perfect and very stable.

Having said all that, once assembly is complete this Dio will take your breath away. Simply stunning. I will hopefully unbox Conan today and will provide my quick views on him too. As stated above, hopefully should have a video review ready soon for those interested.

Good review... This piece is sure a big one. I shop vac each piece clean .. Sucked all the styro bits up nicely. Hope we get Conan ex by thanksgiving

The line of sight thing is one of my biggest problems with the piece, personally. From everything I've seen none of the three main elements (woman, Conan and snake) quite line up in a proper or convincing fashion to my eyes. Individually both Conan and the snake look rather good, but the overall piece just doesn't quite 'flow' properly for my money (and it is a lot of money, so personal niggles matter). Still tempted to pick up Conan by himself though...

That said, genuinely hope everyone who purchased this piece enjoys it.

I thought ARH modified the girl to have a proper line of sight!!

great review V8, cant wait for the pics & video

Hi guys,

Quick update, managed to unbox Conan yesterday, here are some quick thoughts :

1- He also comes with a base that emulates part of the base you get with the Slave girl Dio. So if you have that, you don't need to bother removing the base from the packaging.
2- Initially he wouldn't go into the peg. With patience he finally goes in. Just don't force it.
3- if you got the non exclusive version like mine you also get two heads. One open mouthed, one closed. Both without helmets.
3- For some reason it appears mine shipped without a magnet in the body to attach the dagger to. The dagger itself has a magnet that works fine. Not a big problem and an easy fix.
4-He lines up perfectly with the Snake in terms of line of sight.
5- if you got the Dio and conan you end up with 4 heads ( 5 if you got the Ex) & two axes ( and a sword if you got the Ex Conan). That makes for 10 to 15 different display options! Very nice if you like to mix it up every now and then. All in all, a lovely piece that is a conversation starter. Add it to your collection if you can afford it as a complete set and have the space for it. With ARH and their limited ES this would be hard to find later IMO.

Video review coming soon.

Cool thanks for the info, great to hear he lines up. Shame on the magnet missing... that seems sloppy. Looking forwar to your video review!

A bit longer guys for the EX's.
We are in line to get the shipping now. Now just waiting on the email to get the green light to get them.
Everyone, I will get the tracking info for you as soon as I have it. Its just going to take a little time to ship and sort this stuff out.
Again thanks for the wait, we are on it.
I will post pictures here of the shipment and processing so you see what is involved.

Back