Statue ARH Conan W/Slave Girl and 8FT Snake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah Averone, forget Sideshow pics. You take way better pics. Redo that head and you take pictures on your own and send them to us in this thread. You're like the king of pic taken here and you posted those camera shots. Never again sir :)

maybe averone has planned this all along... posting bad pics....to create mass hysteria...generate interest.... before unleashing the greatest Conan ever made!!!

The slave girl looks like she just watched The Ring

the_ring_3_b.jpg

CameraZOOM-20131007151104452_zps77f1ee76.jpg

VS

1384144_699370863424305_255592996_n_zps4f767d5d.jpg

You decide

From the pics I rank them:
1. Quarantine's Conan The Brutal
2. ARH
3. Beast Diorama
4. Rage

The quarantine sculpt is a fantastic representation of the character, easily my favorite statue of 2013. This is Conan done right.

ARH certainly made noise with this release. It's a kick *** Conan diorama. The pictures and overall sneak peek was a disaster. In all my years I've never seen a circus of a release like this. Luckily for ARH, the full reveal is in 3 days and I'm positive this 1/4 scale monstrosity is gonna get an overwhelmingly positive response at the con. The girl is pretty bad and I think the snake needs tweaking but Conan looks psycho insane ( in a good way ). When. Look at this diorama, all I think is "man that snake is ****ed!"

I really like the Beast dio, but it drives me nuts how hidden Conan is.

I'm not crazy about the rage statue.

alex :( first impression is everything when it comes to those statues, you are killing your biggest release before it's even out the door. Should never showed those photos even though i really appreciate you giving us a look early.

Please take some professional photos and post asap, i know you know how to take stunning photos per your for sale thread.

My impression of this piece ignoring the camera flash overexposures - great sculpt but bad paint job that lacks detail and natural look (especially the skin colors). Everyone is complaining about the girl - it's not the sculpt but the way it's painted, her entire body is just a monotone spray of the skin color which made it look really flat with no depth and simple. Her face with the heavy handed bright makeup, is the same carelessness that destroyed the viking girl and vamp queen - both great sculpt as well.

The same issue was said on some of arh's recent releases - vamp queen, viking lady, etc.. was hoping arh would hire some good painters this time around, their root is sculpt not paint. The earlier piece - thor/leonidas/cleo etc.. were all painted much better, not sure if they switched artist or what after that. You really need better painters....

hoping to be surprised at nycc in person, the sculpt of this piece really does look amazing! It would be sick to see what it can look like in the hands of some top painters like silent surfer, joe dunaway or small studios etc..

:goodpost:

First of all, Alex, I'd be extremely mad at you if I were Arahom for the way you handled the "big reveal" of this piece. A basic course in marketing would do you good

Couldn't agree more with critics of ARH's new painter..The subpar paint jobs of the new ARH pieces is the single biggest reason I haven't purchased any ARH statues since Athena. Whoever is painting the new ARH statues (Vamp Queen, Viking Woman, Angel of Death, etc..) is doing a terrible job and costing ARH of lot of potential revenue in sales

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more with critics of ARH's new painter..The subpar paint jobs of the new ARH pieces is the single biggest reason I haven't purchased any ARH statues since Athena. Whoever is painting the new ARH statues (Vamp Queen, Viking Woman, Angel of Death, etc..) is doing a terrible job and costing ARH of lot of potential revenue in sales

This, so much

I
what do you consider a high price?
600 would be considered high to me. There is not many folk or there in this hobby with the disposable income to throw down this much for something like this. Sure, there are more expensive pieces out there and yes they also have to justify their prices.

This looks cheap and poorly sculpted with the paint job of a 6 year old.

This is worth 350$ max in it's current state. I don't care how much you scream 3 1/4 scale pieces in one statue. I can also build very big things, doesn't mean they are worth jack sqwat.

However I wouldn't even pay 350. Total amateur work.

I stopped around the same time after barbarian which was still very well painted. Valkyrie with the boat was a day 1 order for me but I just couldn't believe the way she was painted especially the face.

I personally like the snake, dont know about the chains though, and the idea of this is awesome. But i agree with most everyone here that the girl is not very nice, she needs a re-do and i seriously hate her lack of clothes and color choice of her clothes, maybe instead of a almost naked slave girl she could be more of a sexy princess that he is protecting and she could be wearing something sexy in pink or white colors with sexy parts showing, i also could care less about takeing her top off so add some clothes even torn up ones. Just my suggestions though as a collector.

:rotfl Well geez, when you put the Conan girl next to Red Sonja like that....I'd rag it till the cows come home.

Why? They are the same scale, therefore, sculpt wise, they should be expected to be of similar quality. The fact that the slave girl looks more akin to something you would find in a rather average looking 1/6 scale garage kit piece is a huge problem, which is only going to be compounded by the sheer size and scale of the piece itself.

In a piece this large every element needs to work and look as good as it possibly can, because the flaws and shortcomings are going to be very noticeable. Put it this way, if Sideshow was releasing a 1/4 statue of that Slave Girl alone, would you buy it? Would anyone? It's a problem.

If this was a 1/6 scale piece you could probably get away with it, but at 1/4 scale, and considering the mammoth price this is going to demand, I really don't think you can.

Quarantine's Conan for now surpasses most of the other companies,too bad its not 1/4 scale.

I really dont want to pile on. Really dont. Big mistake posting that. Love that you were willing to do it for the fans, but still a mistake.

Trouble is, your competing against two other Conan statues, one which is about to ship. Pretty limited market for the character, and the fact that he is licensed, this needs to be 'the' Conan statue, am I right?

Given all that, the reason your hearing so much slack about the slave girl is that is the selling point yours has that the others dont.

You nailed Conan. No complaints there.

Please take the shackles off the snake. Every person who will ever view this will comment on it.

That said, I still hope you tweak this to be the Conan 'grail' that was hyped.

Also get some better pictures up ASAP. This has the potential to damage sales so bad that this never sees the light of day, and that would be a real shame.

I really dont want to pile on. Really dont. Big mistake posting that. Love that you were willing to do it for the fans, but still a mistake.

Trouble is, your competing against two other Conan statues, one which is about to ship. Pretty limited market for the character, and the fact that he is licensed, this needs to be 'the' Conan statue, am I right?

Given all that, the reason your hearing so much slack about the slave girl is that is the selling point yours has that the others dont.

You nailed Conan. No complaints there.

Please take the shackles off the snake. Every person who will ever view this will comment on it.

That said, I still hope you tweak this to be the Conan 'grail' that was hyped.

Also get some better pictures up ASAP. This has the potential to damage sales so bad that this never sees the light of day, and that would be a real shame.

Yes thank you
The production has not started. And we are going to take a closer look
As I have been saying all along, it was the decision of both Arahom and I to put up development pictures.

It's understandable, that people will find concerns.
At the same time, people are jumping to conclusions based on these pictures which were meant to show the pose.

Yes to put up these pictures next to anything out already is not fair, as these are not the official pictures and it's not a final product.

I don't mind the backlash, as I have plans to show it the way it's meant to be shown, very soon.
Knowing we can fine tune it, and it's still a proto should be considered enough of a comfort to all those nay-sayers.

I will let the guys at the show guide us, those who see it in person.
Till then all these comments are misconstrued.

As a comapny who is used to coming up from nothing, we are used to it.
The Medusa Rattle was painted by the same artists, and they did an excellent job.

Last edited:
Averone is a collector and I'm sure he sees what we all do.

I have yet to see it in person after the paint up.
But I assure you it's not the end, this is an art and there is time to change.
I really appreciate the fans, and am so excited that they get to talk with Arahom live at the show, as he is always capable and willing to listen, when appooached with courtesy and respect.

Forums are this way, people already have assumptions and we all know the statue is so different in person.

Just going to chime in guys, I'm not interested in the statue (no Conan fan here), but just received the Medusa Rattle and if you got any concerns about ARH's paint apps. forget it, she is beautifully done.

I agree with most posts here about the paparazzi shot and the girl, but be sure these guys (ARH) will get this to where you want it to be with constructive feedback

I have yet to see it in person after the paint up.
But I assure you it's not the end, this is an art and there is time to change.
I really appreciate the fans, and am so excited that they get to talk with Arahom live at the show, as he is always capable and willing to listen, when appooached with courtesy and respect.

Forums are this way, people already have assumptions and we all know the statue is so different in person.

Averone,
What about us that could not see the statue in person at NYCC? We have to make a decision and the only way is to see it from photos, isn't it? I am a big fan of Conan but I am not attending to show and not able to talk with Arahom so I just want to see good photos of it to make a right judgement. I don't want to wait cause you have already showed it and all the excitement is lost now. There is no need to wait for us...

Back