1/6 Are you buying Hot Toys DOFP Wolverine?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you getting DOFP Wolverine?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Despite having the best Jackman likeness to date, I'm just not interested in this particular version of Wolverine. if it was $200 AND I knew we would be getting, at minimum a McAvoy Xavier and Fassbender Magneto, I would think about it and possibly cave. At $250, there is no way in hell I'm ordering this. I would rather get one of the currently discounted Wolverines and wait until this is released and pick up the head sculpt.

I preordered him.

Couple reasons-

First is I love the character in any incarnation really. But I really dig this look, best movie version to date, I think.

Second is that if this figure doesn't sell there's zero chance for any other xmen figures. With the glut of issues it's just not logical to think that if even one figure from the license bombs that any others get made. Hot toys has to pay the actors, marvel, and fox. 2/3 more hands in their profit then on the normal figure. 2/3 more people to get approvals for / from. If a main/ the main character doesn't fly off the proverbial shelf it's just not likely they risk making others.

Third, yes this figure is a bit to high on the price point. But again, given the fact that hot toys has to pay two extra entities either upfront fees or percentage of sales or both that's bound to happen. And this isn't iron man, where the tooling can be used 20 times for 20 unique figures. This may get two. Maybe.

Hot toys is a business. If this figure sells well we get more from DOFP. If it doesn't we don't.

I am hoping no one buys it and it becomes a virtual shelf warmer. I don't think HT should sell their products at such a high cost for such little return for us. This figure has hardly any accessories and no stand that I can see. Pass.

Second is that if this figure doesn't sell there's zero chance for any other xmen figures

Hot toys is a business. If this figure sells well we get more from DOFP. If it doesn't we don't.

Well then they should have kicked off with the more demanded 70s version. Buuuuuut maybe they started working on this version before it was known how minimal his role would be in this outfit, I dunno.

I'm not going to PO, but I will buy it if the final product looks great. I'll use my SS points on it, but by the time it comes out, maybe we'll know more about the Apocalypse film and Wolverine's new costume, so time will tell, unless it sell out.
Same. I'll probably wait for the price in the aftermarket goes down. So far none of the figures released here has had their prices go up. Except Mk 42. It's awesome, and God do I want it so bad. It's the one Wolverine figure I want in my collection. But it's so high that I'm rethinking this hobby entirely. Am I really able to afford all these figures? Especially now that I just got my DX06 MIB for $138, this feels like I'm getting so ripped off. A student like me really has only so much money to burn every year.

I posted in the other thread this thought. It's likely a plain ole Mags, Prof and anyone else will come with same ridiculous price tag. I see no reason why they wouldn't fees, likeness rights whatever is driving up Logan's price will be due on others as well. If Wolverine sells enough to warrant additional figs people who want to collect this line should expect it to be mighty expensive.

I posted in the other thread this thought. It's likely a plain ole Mags, Prof and anyone else will come with same ridiculous price tag. I see no reason why they wouldn't fees, likeness rights whatever is driving up Logan's price will be due on others as well. If Wolverine sells enough to warrant additional figs people who want to collect this line should expect it to be mighty expensive.
Well, it's such a shock that these MMS figures are rising in prices a ton. I feel like waiting for any non-Marvel figures to be as barebones and still have this price. See what people say about it then. If others have a low price point and it's pretty much just this line, I'll bite. But still will not PO on the first day. Maybe buying on first day release.

The head sculpt is great but I don't need another Wolverine for that price. I am happy with the last one. If it had an awesome exclusive I may have considered it.

Not buying.
1. HS is the best so far among the rest released wolverine's HS. But still something off to me.
2. I simply don't like the suit. Same as some people, I prefer the 70s one.
3. There is two new wolverine's movie is coming. Apocalypse and Wolverine's next sequel. I don't mind waiting, the latest always the best.
4. I dont mind waiting for a perfect one. And since I have one already which is from the samurai version.
5. Too much to pay for the reasons above.

Actually sometimes we are over sensitive on the toys. If u put all the wolverines side by side, I'm sure they are pretty much the same to ur friends. They will have no idea which wolverine u owned from which bloody movie.. LOL

I don't think the price of this figure is any reason to panic just yet. I think it was probably such a pain in the ass to get this one actually approved (what with all the current Marvel/Fox/likeness politics) that they just decided to tack on some extra dollars for their trouble in addition to a "this is the first figure from a good X-Men movie" surcharge.

I doubt that $250 is the new minimum for a barebones figure. We'll see.

Shouldn't they have just done the whole time travel thing in the back of their jet? All it did was sit parked there until the Sentinels showed up. Then at least when all the carriers arrived they could have just fired up the engines and blasted off to a new hiding place.

Last edited:
Shouldn't they have just down the whole time travel thing in the back of their jet? All it did was sit parked there until the Sentinels showed up. Then at least when all the carriers arrived they could have just fired up the engines and blasted off to a new hiding place.
Or they could have just kept going non-stop. Magneto could most likely keep it moving if engines are down and Storm could help create lift. Lol. The what-ifs in the movie is practically endless.

Obviously you can just fill in blanks and assume that his body had to be perfectly still which turbulence or barrel rolls would have messed up but it still makes you wonder. :)

Back