1/6 Hot Toys - TMS015 - The Mandalorian: Din Djarin + The Child set ( DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Following a few people on here - Decided to tear down my mando and wash the flightsuit to see if the colour will shift from grey to brown. Seemed like a fair amount of dye came out. Drying now - looks more brown but not sure if it’s done much yet... Will reassemble tomorrow and see how it looks…

JR

Just to show people that the headsculpt fit on the Season 1 Beskar figure
Simply remove the torso armor and shirt then the neck shown in the photo bottom right side.
Put everything back together and sqeeze the headsculpt into the collar of the shirt and cape connect the headsculpt onto the body peg and done.View attachment 616646

Yeah that's probably how I'm going to display my V2 as well, since I doubt I'd get much money by selling him at this point.

Brown. Pleased with how this came out. Quite straightforward to do if you don't mind tearing down your figure. Recommend!

JR

IMG_0421.jpg
IMG_0423.jpg

Last edited:
Such a weird DIY figure. HT cakes on the weathering and grey dye so you can remove it in order to achieve your desired screen accurate representation…

Thanks for the quick response will definitely give it a shot. That's a lot closer to the actual color.
Nice - let me know how it goes! You have to work it in the soapy water for quite a while, the water will eventually turn quite grey. Then you have to make sure to rinse it thoroughly with warm water to ensure no soap is left on the fabric. Then make sure it’s completely dry before putting back on the figure..! I put mine on a heated drying rack overnight.

JR

I just realized I have an extra flight suit from this guy that I bought parted out waaay back. I just wanted the right thigh armor piece to have both options for shiny Mando when he came out. I got the flight suit with both thigh armor pads for only a couple bucks more than what just the thigh armor I wanted at the time was selling for. Figured I'd throw the rest back up on ebay and it would've wound up being free.. But, I never did... So maybe I'll try this to use for shiny Mando as to have the brown suit rather than the grey, and I could always go back...

Glad I kept it... :yess: .... :lol

The only thing is I hate taking these figures apart. I always feel like they never look the same when I put them back together....

As I've mentioned before, I don't think I'd be willing to do laundry for my dollies :rotfl
Just buy a second figure then!

True story! I also get the sensation that if I change something up on a brand new figure, I get the feeling I just can't get it back to how it was 🤷‍♂️
But that’s the point, you don’t want it to get back to how it was!

I'm still not convinced I need the new, shiney Mando coming out. I ordered custom thigh armor and a knee pad from Propeteer studios off of ebay and I think I'm good for the season 2 look. This figure still looks great after all.

Attachments

• 20230110_144016.jpg
    20230110_144016.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
I can understand why people don’t want chrome version but I think it worth it to me for the accessories and the headsculpt that sealed the deal for me.
But if you got the season 2 parts and happy first release then all the power to you.
9C0EB22C-F2B1-4ACD-8A8E-0024F13685C1.jpeg

Attachments

• 810B3C5C-3AB0-4478-8CC9-B8C426428C18.jpeg
    810B3C5C-3AB0-4478-8CC9-B8C426428C18.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
I can understand why people don’t want chrome version but I think it worth it to me for the accessories and the headsculpt that sealed the deal for me.
But if you got the season 2 parts and happy first release then all the power to you.
View attachment 617423
For me I just can’t justify the cost when I still like the V2 I have with season 2 knee pad and thigh armor. The chrome version looks great but I just bought the Boba Fett reclaimed armor instead.

Back