1/6 Are you buying Hot Toys DOFP Wolverine?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you getting DOFP Wolverine?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I actually prefer DOFP costume the most, and not just because Fassbender rocked as Magneto or because "derp newest = better".

It's a "costume" yes, but it has that "hands-on" militaristic aspect that matches Magneto's brutish nature in the comics, combined with a similarly sophisticated vibe and overall class akin to McKellen's past designs (the rounded collar, and the half-cape being favorite elements of mine). The color coordination is also far more uniform than any other Magneto outfit we've gotten in the films by far.

I mean come on, whenever I just look at this guy, THIS is Magneto:
ms64Bbw.gif

I actually prefer DOFP costume the most, and not just because Fassbender rocked as Magneto or because "derp newest = better".

It's a "costume" yes, but it has that "hands-on" militaristic aspect that matches Magneto's brutish nature in the comics, combined with a similarly sophisticated vibe and overall class akin to McKellen's past designs (the rounded collar, and the half-cape being favorite elements of mine). The color coordination is also far more uniform than any other Magneto outfit we've gotten in the films by far.

ms64Bbw.gif

I literally couldn't have said it better haha

ms64Bbw.gif

Agreed. This truly is the first time he looks like the character from the books from head to toe. Days of Future Past succeeded in finally opening the door to an X-Men franchise unafraid of real costumes - something Singer just wasn't prepared to do 14 years ago when the genre began. Jackman in tan, blue and yellow & Fassbender in purple were just the beginning. For X-Men: Apocalypse I expect them to go even further with their approach to costuming these mutants and completely do away with those all black relics of a series afraid of its roots.

They robbed Wolverine of a costume 14 years along with everyone else. So happy to see him in his colors at last - yet another reason why I instantly bought this figure.

Not that I think we will get them but 2-packs of old/ young Magneto and old/young Prof X would be awesome.

Agreed. This truly is the first time he looks like the character from the books from head to toe.
Pretty much. With the X-Films, Singer made his own brand of superhero "costumes" so it's not like I don't recognize that. Rather, DOFP is the first time that Magneto actually LOOKED like a proper variation of how Magneto is portrayed in the comics. Fassbender had the proper build and the right of amount of class to make such a costume work, and the result couldn't be any more perfect.

Back