1/6 Are you buying Hot Toys DOFP Wolverine?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you getting DOFP Wolverine?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
no NRD, preorder now and if something better comes down the line cancel, not a big deal. You have think by the time this is around to coming out we'll be seeing Age of Ultron figures, so that may change a lot of minds

I'm only going to buy the Fassbender Magneto. Perhaps one of the most refreshing and striking addition to the franchise was Fassbenders take on Magneto.
I like wolverine, but would never get a figure. Plus there have been so many and they weren't big sellers. Magneto old or young would sell. I'd like young.

Nope.

Nice figure but $250 is a lot for a barebones release of a version of the character that basically laid on a table for the whole movie.

So, this figure is pretty noteworthy in the Hot Toys/Sideshow catalog for being the first real, barebones release to really cross the pricing threshold with it's blatant lack of value and high price point. The recent Toy Fairs exclusives were bad, but things have gotten a helluva a lot worse.

I'm curious, who here is buying?

When I think back it was Last Stand Wolverine that past the $200 of a regular MMS figure. I personally feel that the prices are starting to put some distance between HT and me. In my little piggy bank I have $500. I can't even get two figures for that anymore. $500 folks! We are all ****ing stupid collectors for allowing ourselves to pay so much for a action figure.

Yes I'm buying. Yes the price sucks, especially for what could be called a "basic" no-frills figure. But I like the character, the actor and the movie and the figure looks great (at least in proto)...probablywould have heldoff if there had been an NRD this time.

But if you guys think this price is bad....wait'll the avalanche of Star Wars figures from HT start coming....we won't see anything for less than $250 (and up)

The corner has been turned here....

Sad fact is $250 used to get you this...

image.jpg

And that **** lit up and had an alternate nic cage sculpt...dem good ole days...

That's what $250 should get us. Prices now are turning me off to the point I am seriously thinking of not getting the Robocop. FYI I was never interested in the Wolverine but I just don't like what we are paying for anymore!

Yes I'm buying. Yes the price sucks, especially for what could be called a "basic" no-frills figure. But I like the character, the actor and the movie and the figure looks great (at least in proto)...probablywould have heldoff if there had been an NRD this time.

But if you guys think this price is bad....wait'll the avalanche of Star Wars figures from HT start coming....we won't see anything for less than $250 (and up)

The corner has been turned here....
Chewbacca is $250 which is considerably less than I expected and Han is $230 which seems about average. I think that while some figures Hot Toys releases definitely are overpriced they aren't all that way. Its mostly the really popular characters like Iron Man, Batman, The Joker, the various Predators, and Wolverine that get the high price tags tacked on. Honestly I think Sideshow is as much to blame for high prices as anyone. We all see the overseas prices and how much that amount would equate to in US dollars and Sideshow inflates prices quite a bit often times. I understand they want to make money but they seem a bit greedy with their markups at times.

Nope. Give me Fassbender Magneto, and even if he just gets a couple of jazz hands and his helmet as accessories I'd still bite.

I'm buying but I do agree the price is just too steep. It hurts a bit ordering Wolverine at that price. I'm not going to cancel though. Prices are rising and getting ridiculous. This comes with nothing and we have to pay $250. They should of at least threw in a base like the X3 Wolverine.

Not to parrot everyone else that said no, but price point is my reason for not buying. Maybe by the time this sees production/release, there will be more accessories or a decent diorama stand included to justify some of the inflated pricing.

Back