Are there two different X-Men pf Lines?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhirlWindBoy

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I ask because for one i'm a noob and secondly i notice some have a standard flat X base (gambit, psylocke) while others have a difrrent kind of base (cyclops, storm).

My main reason is i'd love to jump into the marvel line and am wondering if down the line there may be a new gambit with a different base. That way all the statues look somewhat similar.

Sorry if this is somewhere in the forums, i tried looking but havent found anything. Thanks for the help!

Well they're all wearing their classic costumes so it must be that only the original members of the Giant Sized X-Men such as Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm (minus Colossus of course) etc. have rock bases.

Last edited:
As a related question, what's going on with the X-Men line? Since Colossus went up for PO, its been pretty quiet. Colossus is now almost released and the only X-men peep was the non X-based Storm. Seems like we're getting a gap after the recent releases (although I suppose Deadpool is coming)

SS makes no distinction among "lines". "Lines" are something fans want to categorize. For SS it's all just Marvel. Boxes and print details for Marvel PFs are labeled Marvel and nothing more.

But here's the breakdown so far:

- 90s Costumes on X Base: Gambit, Rogue, Psylocke, Colossus
They all had these costumes in the comics during the Claremont/Lee/early 90s era

- 70s Costumes on Environment base: Wolverine, Storm
Different environments, but old school costumes worn during the 70s and early 80s

Then the odd one...
- 90s Costume on Environment base: Cyclops...?

So Cyclops is the only one so far that is odd. His costume matches Gambit and co., but his base is more in line with the X-Men in their 70s outfits. My opinion is that with Cyclops they probably hadn't planned to continue recycling X bases yet, otherwise if they'd figured it out at that point I'm sure he'd be on an X too. With all subsequent 90s X-Men on X bases, and the eventual Brown costume Wolverine will probably be on an X, Cyclops may remain the only odd 90s member not on an X.

Hopefully we'll get a Classic 70s Cyclops, Nightcrawler and Phoenix in green on environments. I really want that classic 70s team in PF.

Yea kinda random with some of the bases but SSC often show all of them together in pics so they all still go together. To answer ur question I doubt there will be another gambit PF for a long long time.

Seems the backlash on QC with the X-men line has shifted them to focus on other lines. No word on any new Pf's to come. Sideshow haven't even answered questions in the "ask sideshow" for months. I'm sure X-men related questions have been raised.

No deadpool does not count.

Yeah another Gambit would be a very long time comming, given the plethora of other popular X-related characters that they can get to before re-do's.

Seems the backlash on QC with the X-men line has shifted them to focus on other lines. No word on any new Pf's to come. Sideshow haven't even answered questions in the "ask sideshow" for months. I'm sure X-men related questions have been raised.

No deadpool does not count.

sideshow gave an answer a while back

Well new PF's as in characters that have not been represented before.
September 2011 - At least one of storm or nightcrawler within a year.
September 2011 - Dark phoenix less than a semi decade away.
March 2012 - New wolverine
April 2012 - Hellfire Emma frost

Seems a little diluted although they did say they were "pretty much" committed to the Jim lee x-men. But that was september 2011 so anything could have changed since then.

The popularity of the Avengers seems to have changed Sideshow's strategy.

This.

I think some of you guys read too much into their choices. Wolverine and Cyclops are flexing one leg, so a flat base was obviously ruled out.

While Storm has one of her feet just very slightly higher than the other, she's summoning the winds, lightning, etc. Placing her 'on top of a cliff' was much more suitable to convey that than a boring red X.

I just wish they'd release a brown Wolvie with a standing pose - he's short enough as it is, no need to dwarf him even more when placed beside other PFs.

Oh, and make him fully sculpted, or at least use that new fancy fabric of yours, SSC, thanks.

SS makes no distinction among "lines". "Lines" are something fans want to categorize. For SS it's all just Marvel. Boxes and print details for Marvel PFs are labeled Marvel and nothing more.

They all had these costumes in the comics during the Claremont/Lee/early 90s era

Different environments, but old school costumes worn during the 70s and early 80s

Then the odd one...

So Cyclops is the only one so far that is odd. His costume matches Gambit and co., but his base is more in line with the X-Men in their 70s outfits. My opinion is that with Cyclops they probably hadn't planned to continue recycling X bases yet, otherwise if they'd figured it out at that point I'm sure he'd be on an X too. With all subsequent 90s X-Men on X bases, and the eventual Brown costume Wolverine will probably be on an X, Cyclops may remain the only odd 90s member not on an X.

Hopefully we'll get a Classic 70s Cyclops, Nightcrawler and Phoenix in green on environments. I really want that classic 70s team in PF.

Thanks! i appreciate the info and everyone elses. It helps alot. Since im new i missed out on the gambit and its way too expensive for me to be able to afford it on the secondary market. Depending on how much i have left after the joker i may purchase cyclops or roll the dice on psylock.

Then the odd one...

I would absolutely love a Phoenix and Nightcrawler on enviro bases!!! That would rock!

I would absolutely love a Phoenix and Nightcrawler on enviro bases!!! That would rock!

I agree. Although I have been disillusioned by the failure of most of this line (apart from Gambit PF), having a Phoenix and Nightcrawler will be great.

I can't think of any other modern costume X-Men pf characters other than Mystique. Maybe I'm forgetting someone?

I'm not so sure the bases are that random or purely based on pose. I'm sticking with the theory I listed before until SS goes against it: 90s Costume except Cyclops = X, not 90s costume = environment. Although going forward I think they should have a few more bases match Cyclops' base so we get a mix of Xs and rock bases for the 90s team. A good mix of the two would make the collction more interesting. Plus a rock envronment for Beast would let him be an Avenger or X-Man.

King4aday04 went over upcoming XPFs, but the intro for Production Peek videos has been a pretty good indicator of what's coming. This intro debuted pre-SDCC, and you can see Master Chief (legs), new Jack Sparrow (left) and Shaak Ti (bottom middle). All were shown at SDCC, plus a few others in the vid not seen in this pic.

Sinttulo.jpg

Jean Grey and HFC Emma Frost are in the corner. I bet we'll see them at least previewed by next SDCC. SS said they normally have 100+ things in development at a time. We're getting Avengers now because that's what's hot. But X-Men EXs still sell out, we'll get more for sure because they make money, even if it takes a while.

Back