Are Sideshow exclusive prints worth it???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do collect print myself of my favorite characters in general, so yeah, some are better than others, but with Carnage for instance, I cant find a print of him, so I will defn be getting the Ex version of the comi. Same with Vlad....... Like Shai said, people do collect just prints, so thats why there is a market for them.

I think its also to do with the more limited edition size. Some exclusives are must haves. But for me the print is just a nice bonus.

Unless the print is immensly kick ass then I'm not that bothered whether its exclusive or not. And the switch out head or arm also depends on how much of a must have it is for me.

For me it all just depends on what the exclusive actually is as to whether I have to have it or not. Not some little gold sticker

:lecture This. Most of the time when ordering I'm not worried about the prints that much because I could track down a comic with a similar picture of the character. It really depends on how much $$ that print is raising the price.

I already have framed, signed lithograph prints on my wall, so I have no need whatsoever for the prints that come with the statues. Shai makes a good point that some people collect prints, but I think when looking at the bulk of statue collectors, most people just leave the prints in the box and buy the EX just for the lower ES.

I prefer an EX that actually adds something to the statue instead of collecting dust in the box.

Personally, I had no problem with the art prints that came with the AH! statues because those were a specific artist's line. What bugged me is when Sideshow started making prints with all of their comiquettes (Mark Brooks then Olivetti). Don't get me wrong, Mark Brooks is one of my favorite comic artists, and I have his SDCC X-Men print, but I don't need a matching print of every statue he releases.

Personally, I had no problem with the art prints that came with the AH! statues because those were a specific artist's line. What bugged me is when Sideshow started making prints with all of their comiquettes (Mark Brooks then Olivetti). Don't get me wrong, Mark Brooks is one of my favorite comic artists, and I have his SDCC X-Men print, but I don't need a matching print of every statue he releases.

But what about those who aren't really into Hughes' art, and want prints from Brooks or Olivetti (specific artists' line); seems kinda arbitrary not to offer them?

:dunno

But what about those who aren't really into Hughes' art, and want prints from Brooks or Olivetti (specific artists' line); seems kinda arbitrary not to offer them?

I am not a fan of Hughes' art (I do think he is crazy talented), but I also don't want every single comiquette released to be part of a specific artist's line just so Sideshow can plug a print instead of a more useful EX. My idea would be to do a "Marvel Artist Line" where you can have a line of comiquettes based off alternating artist's concept art. Then Sideshow could also do regular comiquettes with more interesting EX. I doubt Sideshow would do that because the AH! line is crazy popular.

Honestly, it is different strokes for different folks. :peace Like Shai said, some people collect prints. I just prefer more versatile EX and it is frustrating when 75% of the comiquettes released just have an art print as the EX.

I'm all for prints as exclusives, and wouldn't mind if the ex on every single piece was a print. That way if I didn't care about the print, I wouldn't care about getting the ex, instead of sitting around the computer waiting for an ex head that makes the piece because the reg is terrible.

I'm all for prints as exclusives, and wouldn't mind if the ex on every single piece was a print. That way if I didn't care about the print, I wouldn't care about getting the ex, instead of sitting around the computer waiting for an ex head that makes the piece because the reg is terrible.

Exactly not every print or artist is appealing. But if a statue came with an Alex Ross print, I would go out of my way to get the exclusive. Just like comic book collecting, I dont like modern comics but love to collect silver age. So certain prints will have greater personal value to some people than others.

Nah like it...but prints :rock no matter what naysayer McButterson says...

So you would rather have a print than say a switch out accessory (katanas), or hand/head (gambit)?

I think many prints can be purchased thru other channels, it's no so for something that is innate to the statue tho'. I get most of my prints from different places.

The only other thing I would get a print over is maybe a very crappy looking nameplate.

For a figure like Vlad they are including two portraits and the print is the exclusive. I think I would rather have it that way then the reg with one head and the exclusive with two and no print. I'm not that much of an exclusive whore to have to have something that major that others can't get.

For a figure like Vlad they are including two portraits and the print is the exclusive. I think I would rather have it that way then the reg with one head and the exclusive with two and no print. I'm not that much of an exclusive hore to have to have something that major that others can't get.

Yeah, if they are including 2 portraits already that's pretty sweet, the print sounds like a bonus. If they were however contemplating between adding a print or a 2nd portrait as an exclusive all things being equal, I would probably go for the latter.

anyone here who thinks the prints are useless and would rather have $ for them i'd be more than happy to buy them from you. pm me with what you have. :lecture

If the ex is a print, I'd like the print, is the ex is switch hands or feet or McMuffins then I will take a egg sausage biscuit Ex.

Back