Are prices getting out of control?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would hope people aren't running around telling SSC employees directly they would be happy to pay some exorbitant amount of money for a figure or a statue that is out of the norm.

:lol Yeah, it was Thor. If you click the little icon next to your name in the quote, it will take you to the original message. :peace

Thats not even the one I'm talking about so its funny that you found one recently. I was remember back a few years ago probably around the time the Endor soldiers were released...

I would hope people aren't running around telling SSC employees directly they would be happy to pay some exorbitant amount of money for a figure or a statue that is out of the norm.

It happens. Thats what I'm saying. Theres nothing wrong with being huge fans of the business, but you have to realize what you're telling them or else its gonna happen. It would be like people running around telling SSC to take shortcuts on paint or something.

So are you telling them at Comic Con, "oh yeah, I think I'd pay X for that because its so good".

I guess I just don't understand how encouraging a company about price increases would even cross my mind ever. Its such a foreign concept to me to admit to someone that I'd pay more for something. :lol

I think my wording was I was surprised at the price of said item that I expected it to be more in this range. That you really are getting your monies worth out of that piece. Something like that.

I don't feel its encouraging them to raise prices. While I believe SS listens to me like they do anyone else I don't believe they go well Josh said so. :lol

:lol Yeah, it was Thor. If you click the little icon next to your name in the quote, it will take you to the original message. :peace

Ah, I didn't see that. Its all good.

For myself I always weight the cost of the item against real world costs. I can justify spending $300 a year on myself for expensive silly toys but beyond that, I would rather spend more on doing things with my family.

For myself I always weight the cost of the item against real world costs. I can justify spending $300 a year on myself for expensive silly toys but beyond that, I would rather spend more on doing things with my family.

This. ^ :goodpost:

Bah. Families come and go. Hot Toys are forever.

Yeah, as dumb as it sounds losing my job has been a good thing for me and put these "toys" into perspective. I just can't fathom spending $250 for DX Indy where as a year ago it would have been orderded all ready. There is no chance in hell I will be as free spending as I used to be because the costs and value to me just don't equal each other much anymore.

For another person it might be the exact opposite of yours.
Your opinion was based on nothing more than just subjective opinion, as is everyones one.:nana:

Bah. Families come and go. Hot Toys are forever.

lol that's wrong I hope your family doesn't read this hahahah

But yeah damn this hobby is $$$$$ it's like i'm buying car parts all over again except each part costs an arm and a leg.

For another person it might be the exact opposite of yours.
Your opinion was based on nothing more than just subjective opinion, as is everyones one.:nana:

I'm sure it's a black and white fact that his family is more important to him than action figures.

And, I bet you could also infer some awfully objective things about someone who'd rather spend thousands on toys instead of enjoying the same money with their wife and kids.

I'm sure it's a black and white fact that his family is more important to him than action figures.

And, I bet you could also infer some awfully objective things about someone who'd rather spend thousands on toys instead of enjoying the same money with their wife and kids.

What if he is just rich?
I think thats a very possible thing.

Besides, toys can be enjoyed by everyone. For me, I noticed that my parents where almost as excited as me when they saw the toy. Its just a good decoration.

What if he is just rich?
I think thats a very possible thing.

Besides, toys can be enjoyed by everyone. For me, I noticed that my parents where almost as excited as me when they saw the toy. Its just a good decoration.

If Anzik was 'just rich' I don't think there'd be any discussion about prioritising family over toys - he'd just buy all the toys he wanted without having to think about the cost to the family. Doesn't sound that way though, he's decided that anything beyond 300 bucks on his hobby and he and the family lose out in some way. Props to Anzik for realising that, as much fun as his kids might have staring at stuff they can't touch, they'd probably prefer some regular quality time at the pool/bowling alley/basketball court/beach instead.

My point is that just because people have a variety of options when it comes to the priority of their values, that does not mean that the value is subjective.

Back