Are HT doing any more Aliens or Preds?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I don't know about aliens, but with the new Predators movie coming out and Hot Toys news post saying they "got the license" I'd say we'll be getting some new Preds based off the movie soon enough. Thank God too. If they are coll it will be nice to pay RETAIL price for a Pred instead of the B.S. inflated prices on ebay and elsewhere

It's been said before, but the prices aren't BS at all. Far from it really. The market is blazin' hot for them while the supply is extremely small. That creates high prices, supply and demand.

Ok, ok bad choice of words. Mother of God. I understand the law of supply and demand I just think like 900-1,500 for a glorified toy is insane. If someone here thinks thats worth it, more power to them I hope they enjoy it. My point was it will be nice to not have to pay those prices. That was the entire point of my post. Nothing less, nothing more. I've already spent about 500 at least on just 3 Preds so it's not like I'm just a disgruntled fanboy who can't afford them. I buy what I like I'm not in the market nor have the interest to buy 50 for them so "He only _____es cuz he doesn't have them and now he can have them and sell them for millions." Fear not you shocked the noob into not posting on this subject again. Good day my friends. :cool:

Its sad really, these things that are supposedly going for thousands of dollars are in the process of peaking, once they are done all the people that spent 300-500 dollars for a single predator will have to wait for decades to gain a profit on them, sadly these toys are not designed to last that long, I know I am not the only one who notices this, in truth the only statues that are worth anything are really the polystone ones that sideshow puts out since they are a material that is not designed to move, yadros are the same only made out of a different more expensive material, those are the items you should be concerning yourselves about not the resin toys that will degrade and get broken within a decade. It is not only about supply and demand it is about quality versus quantity, I like the hot toys figures so please don't get me wrong but this is the honest truth since we all know that rubber hardens and the way hot toys designs these figures the pegs will snap in time, I would gladly pay 500-1000 dollars for something that I know will easily last 30 years, barring any major catastrophy, without having to worry about joints snapping off, hence my earlier post about the chap alien warrior peg easily snapping off, I fear the same thing with the t-800, so think about that the next time you debate about spending 500 to 1000 dollars for chastise someone for having reservations about spending that much, money is not as easily accessible for some of us.:whip:chew

I've given up on the queen, that is to say I really don't believe it will happen at this point. Would I have bought the Powerloader had I known the queen wouldn't happen? Hmm..I probably still would have - that was at the start of my HT binging and self discipline was non existant for me. Since I have it I wouldn't give it back either. Its an iconic piece, its just a pity it will never have its obvious counterpart.

In any case yeah Prefused is right - any HT queen would likely take lots of liberties in its appearance and design. Beating of dead horse alert: I don't mind liberties taken on the Big Chap alien on parts which were never clearly seen in the film anyway but that face is just ridiculous. Instead of picking one shot in the film and making it look like the Alien in that particular scene they decided to make it look like none of the suits or puppet heads from the film. Great move :rolleyes: So if they pulled something similar on the Queen I'd be rather miffed. So in that sense yes I agree with Prefused - you might aswell get McFarlane's old B team to make a 1/6th Queen. Innaccurate but you wouldn't be paying through the nose for it.
plus, i wouldn't trust it to not collapse under its own mass.
just picture the aliens warrior with 5X the weight, a head the size of the DK tumbler, tiny feet and flimsy legs.
there goes $700+ crumpling and taking a swan dive onto the floor.

this figure doesn't even exist and i already hate it.

those are the items you should be concerning yourselves about not the resin toys that will degrade and get broken within a decade. It is not only about supply and demand it is about quality versus quantity, I like the hot toys figures so please don't get me wrong but this is the honest truth since we all know that rubber hardens and the way hot toys designs these figures the pegs will snap in time,

I'd beg to differ: NONE of these toys has any 'inherent' value and if you can predict which characters etc will be popular in 10+ years... more power to you. Personally I think anyone buying as an 'investment' is a gambler, you might as well play the fruit machines. Like performance cars, they're just toys by a different name.

HT secondary market prices have, I suspect, been fuelled by their continuing to do Preds from other films. There is *no* other company with figures from all 5 films in anything like a common format. To some of us, that matters (and it's no more irrational than anything else in collecting!).

Anyway, back on topic; I'd be astonished if we don't see HT Predators figures at or near the time of the film's release. NECA look set to produce their figures for June, so clearly the licensing material is out there, and for AVP-R we saw the figures within a couple of months.

Ok, ok bad choice of words. Mother of God. I understand the law of supply and demand I just think like 900-1,500 for a glorified toy is insane. If someone here thinks thats worth it, more power to them I hope they enjoy it. My point was it will be nice to not have to pay those prices. That was the entire point of my post. Nothing less, nothing more. I've already spent about 500 at least on just 3 Preds so it's not like I'm just a disgruntled fanboy who can't afford them. I buy what I like I'm not in the market nor have the interest to buy 50 for them so "He only _____es cuz he doesn't have them and now he can have them and sell them for millions." Fear not you shocked the noob into not posting on this subject again. Good day my friends. :cool:

Really? Sure seems like that to me and everyone else. :dunno

ding ding ding, is this round 9 or 10 on the matter of whats being paid for older predators?

Really? Sure seems like that to me and everyone else. :dunno

Well I'm sorry if the Mustang takes precedence. I'll tell you what I'll sell it so I can spend my down payments worth on the rest of the Preds. Will you guys be happy then or do I have to sell my Taylors too? I don't think it's worth it. Sue ME! I have the three I want anyway. It was a general statement I made that got taken the wrong way. Don't yell at me just so you can justify the expenditures in your own minds. I'm done with this. Any more replies will be unanswered. I apologize to the maker of this thread. He asked an innocent question that apparently inadvertently got turned into a ____ storm.

Um wow big argument here, there cool and nothing last forever why are you all getting into a argument and anywho i will buy mcfarline preds if they are good i don't really have the money to buy a HT the now nor will i after christmas so they have gotta bring out the HT one's just before christmas they proberly will since people will defo have money then.

I'd beg to differ: NONE of these toys has any 'inherent' value and if you can predict which characters etc will be popular in 10+ years... more power to you. Personally I think anyone buying as an 'investment' is a gambler, you might as well play the fruit machines. Like performance cars, they're just toys by a different name.

HT secondary market prices have, I suspect, been fuelled by their continuing to do Preds from other films. There is *no* other company with figures from all 5 films in anything like a common format. To some of us, that matters (and it's no more irrational than anything else in collecting!).

I don't think its only been fueled by hot toys continued production of the line, I think its more so desperation, I wholly agree with you, collecting is like that but the point still stands these toys may indeed be worth something down the line but the point still thats they are not designed to last the time it would take to make them worth thousands, and to respond to everyone whos been bashing vipersrt, what your seeing on ebay now is no less than gouging, people are putting the product out there for people who are desperate enough to spend 2 to 3 times what its actually worth(in some cases) these are not good business practices so do not say its supply and demand because it goes way beyond that now, its the very definition of gouging the problem is there is nobody to stop it from getting out of control like this, at least with gas the government stepped in to help stop it but here there is no recourse for the second hand market.

that is the last I will say on that, to the person who started this thread you can definitely look forward to getting new predators from hot toys but be smart and get them when they are retail because a month or two down the line they price will begin to skyrocket.

Anyone buying these for investments is just plain silly and I hope they decrease in price. Everything I buy i plan on keeping, sure I may sell it in the future, but that's not my original plan. But i also can't predict what i'll want to do in ten years time.

What why would you want something that would decrease in time in fact why would you want to sell a HT.

Well I'm sorry if the Mustang takes precedence. I'll tell you what I'll sell it so I can spend my down payments worth on the rest of the Preds. Will you guys be happy then or do I have to sell my Taylors too? I don't think it's worth it. Sue ME! I have the three I want anyway. It was a general statement I made that got taken the wrong way. Don't yell at me just so you can justify the expenditures in your own minds. I'm done with this. Any more replies will be unanswered. I apologize to the maker of this thread. He asked an innocent question that apparently inadvertently got turned into a ____ storm.

Was I yelling? :lol I don't have them because I, personally, won't pay that much for the AVPs. So there're no "expenditures" to justify in my case. Does that mean they're not worth that? No. They're worth that because people are willing to pay that for them - ON A CONSISTENT BASIS, end of story. That's how value is determined. So keep whining, keep drooling, keep dreaming. In the end, they'll still be worth $600 and you'll be wishing you had one. :rolleyes:

Was I yelling? :lol I don't have them because I, personally, won't pay that much for the AVPs. So there're no "expenditures" to justify in my case. Does that mean they're not worth that? No. They're worth that because people are willing to pay that for them - ON A CONSISTENT BASIS, end of story. That's how value is determined. So keep whining, keep drooling, keep dreaming. In the end, they'll still be worth $600 and you'll be wishing you had one. :rolleyes:

Gees I think you guys are being a little harsh on this guy. All he did was voice his opinion. He doesn't like the prices. The way I saw it is that he would love one but the demand is jacking the price up so high he can't and won't go and get one because it's not worth it for him. But all of a sudden people turn into a mob and tries to bash this guy to the ground for one little comment. He's tried to explain himself already and said this his words may have been misquoted or taken in a wrong way. What more do you want from him?

I was never treated this harshly when I first came here. Everyone was always very welcoming to me and my opinion was always respected. I understand that people are tired of hearing about people complaining about the high prices on some Preds out there and I totally agree that if you want it bad enough, you will go out there and pay for it. But that doesn't give me the right to go and bash someone for voicing what they believe in as something that's almost unreal with the sudden increase in prices on the AVP preds especially in this economy. Heck even I'm quite shocked myself.

My final word is, treat others how you want to be treated here. I thank all the boardies that I've met over the last few years on here that has treated me with a lot of respect and made me feel welcome here. But lately, some of these threads have become nothing but a ripping ground. It's a real shame.

My final word is, treat others how you want to be treated here. I thank all the boardies that I've met over the last few years on here that has treated me with a lot of respect and made me feel welcome here. But lately, some of these threads have become nothing but a ripping ground. It's a real shame.

It just seems that there's an influx of new low-end collectors (spawn.com members) _____ing about high-end prices, especially secondary market prices for grails. The whole reason they devalue the pieces is because they can't afford them and somehow they think that badmouthing them justifies their lack of ownership. I would understand if it was a BS MSRP, but c'mon now. These are prices people are paying consistently, not false mark-up. I'm not the only one who feels this way either. More and more others are starting to see it as well.

The day I start ranting about secondary market prices being too high because I missed out initially and I'm too cheap to pay them for grails, trust me. You have my permission to rail me on it.

It just seems that there's an influx of new low-end collectors (spawn.com members) _____ing about high-end prices, especially secondary market prices for grails. The whole reason they devalue the pieces is because they can't afford them and somehow badmouthing them justifies their lack of ownership. I would understand if it was a BS MSRP, but c'mon now. These are prices people are paying consistently, not false mark-up. I'm not the only one who feels this way either. More and more others are starting to see it as well.

The day I start ranting about secondary market prices being too high because I missed out initially and I'm too cheap to pay them for grails, trust me. You have my permission to rail me on it.

Oh I totally agree with you on that. I paid a hefty price formy Preds and I got pretty much all of them except for the Ani-Com Scar which is waaay out of my price range. And after seeing how Silent Surfer can do a better job with an Elder head, it totally turned me off on it. :lol:lol:lol

But my point is really about Viper. Like I said people are tired on other whining about the prices just because they can't or won't dough out the cash to pay for them but all he really did was state how the prices are a bit unbelievable. And I'm seeing 3 or 4 different people bashing him and bad mouthing him about it. I don't think he appreciates that. I doubt anyone here would appreciate that for voicing their opinion. And that's all it is. His opinion. And just as much as your opinion is that these are legitimate mark ups caused by demand which is totally respected, I believe his opinion should be respected too.

People shouldn't have to come on here (especially new boardies) feeling afraid of a mob bash just for wanting to say what they gotta say. If there's a problem with what a person says, we can act like adults and voice outr opinions too. But the way you guys are treating is in my opinion a bit too harsh

People shouldn't have to come on here (especially new boardies) feeling afraid of a mob bash just for wanting to say what they gotta say. If there's a problem with what a person says, we can act like adults and voice outr opinions too. But the way you guys are treating is in my opinion a bit too harsh

That said, they should also understand that this is a forum for high-end collectibles and their collectors, and also understand that with high-end comes high price. ;) I don't go to the spawn boards and rant about how they collect a bunch of cheap, low-end kiddie crap. Hell, I don't even go into the NECA threads here and do that. I respect that. And in turn, would expect no less. The "HT" on this thread title should be a clear sign of that.

Back