Are HT doing any more Aliens or Preds?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to move this topic forward, do you guys think there will be a new type of predator body when they do the new predators from the "Predators" film?

I think these past years Hot Toys keep coming up with new ways of doing more realistic bodies, and personally I would love to see a more modern take of the predators. One thing I would like to see on the new predators are more concealed joints, preferably like the way they do Whiplash. What do you guys think?

Just to move this topic forward, do you guys think there will be a new type of predator body when they do the new predators from the "Predators" film?

I think these past years Hot Toys keep coming up with new ways of doing more realistic bodies, and personally I would love to see a more modern take of the predators. One thing I would like to see on the new predators are more concealed joints, preferably like the way they do Whiplash. What do you guys think?

i vote against muscle bodies on my preds. i'd rather have articulation with exposed joints than restricted articulation the rubber body offers.:monkey3

plus, dynamic poses require the rubber body to be stretched out. tear, breakage, rubber decay, batman's oily residue....:banghead

i vote against muscle bodies on my preds. i'd rather have articulation with exposed joints than restricted articulation the rubber body offers.:monkey3

plus, dynamic poses require the rubber body to be stretched out. tear, breakage, rubber decay, batman's oily residue....:banghead

If any company can learn from their past mistakes and make better collectibles every year it will be Hot Toys. Maybe they will figure something out. I wouldn't mind seeing a concealed joint Predator to make it look more real. Not to mention the Preds from Predators aren't wearing any netting so there's nothing to hide the exposed joints like some of the other preds.

ya i know, and there is also that question of whether the painted textures will fade over time on the rubber body, but that's why I suggested the Whiplash direction. It's kind of a mix between old school action figure and a TT body. I just think in 2010/2011 HT is way too advanced to even consider making a figure with an almost fully exposed naked TT.

If any company can learn from their past mistakes and make better collectibles every year it will be Hot Toys. Maybe they will figure something out. I wouldn't mind seeing a concealed joint Predator to make it look more real. Not to mention the Preds from Predators aren't wearing any netting so there's nothing to hide the exposed joints like some of the other preds.

i hope so too. not really a big fan of that 300 body leonidas has now either.:monkey2

Here's the body that I'm talking about:

im2whiplashpr17.jpg

Notice that it uses a heavily modified version of the naked TT body rather than using a rubber muscular body like Leonidas? It's sort of like the best of both worlds if you ask me. I would personally like the new pred bodies to go something like this in direction.

I wouldn't mind seeing a concealed joint Predator to make it look more real. Not to mention the Preds from Predators aren't wearing any netting so there's nothing to hide the exposed joints like some of the other preds.

I don't see the lack of netting being a huge problem - the AVPR Predator has very little of it, but some careful sculpting stops the articulation being too obvious.

Predators have a huge advantage over human figures in that their texture and non-human skin tones make hiding the joins much easier, while their armour normally completes the job. Given this I'd rather see Hot Toys stick with their existing technology and keep rubber to the (stress-free) dreadlocks, rather than trying to be clever and getting the sort of problems we've seen with the Aliens or ED-209.

Here's the body that I'm talking about:

im2whiplashpr17.jpg

Notice that it uses a heavily modified version of the naked TT body rather than using a rubber muscular body like Leonidas? It's sort of like the best of both worlds if you ask me. I would personally like the new pred bodies to go something like this in direction.

I believe, like the T-800, that body will have a rubber chest. Rubber needs to go. It rots, fades, peels and just recently, dribbles like an old man's peepee. I'm also not a big fan of the lost articulation that comes from these new bodies. You lose a whole range by losing that second elbow joint and all the articulation above the bicep is gone as well. Personally, there's nothing broken with the way the P1 turned out (except for the height), so I really don't see a need for HT to improve on the existing body (other than the height).

Yea, just keep in like the P1 and change it in terms of sculpt to match the subject. I dont mind rubber for human figs, but I also worry about its durability. Right now I have 3 rubber body figs; Dutch, Billy and the Predalien and I hope that they are able to hold up over the long haul. Hot Toys is always trying to innovate, so I am looking forward to seeing what they have up their sleeve for future releases.

Umm that garbage stuff you where talkin about cost around £10-£20 here not what i would consider 'all right' to break or throw away.

I don't see the lack of netting being a huge problem - the AVPR Predator has very little of it, but some careful sculpting stops the articulation being too obvious.

Predators have a huge advantage over human figures in that their texture and non-human skin tones make hiding the joins much easier, while their armour normally completes the job. Given this I'd rather see Hot Toys stick with their existing technology and keep rubber to the (stress-free) dreadlocks, rather than trying to be clever and getting the sort of problems we've seen with the Aliens or ED-209.

Indeed on the Wolf and out of all the HT Preds, wolf does indeed have the best articulation. But I can't stand the part where the bicep connects to the shoulder. It always looked so weird to me. :D

have a quick question about the new movie....are the predators in this movie suppose to be the giant super predators that tower above the other predators we have seen before?

Umm that garbage stuff you where talkin about cost around £10-£20 here not what i would consider 'all right' to break or throw away.

And that's my problem.... how? :dunno

Look, I already explained my POV. A-dev and Blade both tried to change it. If they haven't, and they tried pretty goddam hard too, neither will you. You asked, I answered. This is a classic example of one man's trash is another's treasure. So if collecting that garbage floats your boat, go sailing. Just don't expect me to change my mind about it. This is why I avoid the NECA threads. :lol

have a quick question about the new movie....are the predators in this movie suppose to be the giant super predators that tower above the other predators we have seen before?

Just a small minority of them, not all.

Look, I already explained my POV. A-dev and Blade both tried to change it. If they haven't, and they tried pretty goddam hard too, neither will you. You asked, I answered. This is a classic example of one man's trash is another's treasure. So if collecting that garbage floats your boat, go sailing. Just don't expect me to change my mind about it. This is why I avoid the NECA threads. :lol

Then i REALLY hope we get these bad boys!!!...kinda hoping that this is the same reason why Avatar figs are being held up cause of how much taller they will be....if they keep it true to the height and scale of the other predators and characters from before....I am officially giggling like a school lil girl...LOL

Hey i just collect anything to do with aliens or predator most it is the 7 inch stuff yeah anywho way off topic im looking forward to ma next HT even if i don't get one of the new ones that might come out.

And your POV must be respected!!! :maul I got your back bro!

back tracking a bit, but for me personally it just annoys me when people say "wow you paid that much for a toy?". And that's coming from non collectors. What really urks me is when a fellow collector complains about toys being valuable. He's since clarified what he meant, I'm just explaining why it rubbed me the wrong way when I read it.

It annoys me aswell when people say that.(mainly my friends and my GF's friends) but I love the Preds and Hot Toys so its all worth it in the end.
i just bring up their shoe/jewelry collection and watch them go bat_____ about me being right.
works every time. glass houses work both ways.

wait, what's this topic about?

Back