Are HT doing any more Aliens or Preds?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ahhh, sour graping....a common IZM in defense mechanism in this hobby. :monkey3

remember what the rolling stones said...

You can't always get what you want

:peace

That said, they should also understand that this is a forum for high-end collectibles and their collectors, and also understand that with high-end comes high price. ;) I don't go to the spawn boards and rant about how they collect a bunch of cheap, low-end kiddie crap. Hell, I don't even go into the NECA threads here and do that. I respect that. And in turn, would expect no less. The "HT" on this thread title should be a clear sign of that.

I don't think he's from Spawn. I don't think he even mentioned anything Mcfarlane. I used to be a Spawn.com member. Not since I discovered HT though. LoL. I came here and been here ever since. :D

That being said, this guy ain't no Spawn.com guy. He said he already has some of the Preds including a P2 because I sold it to him. It wasn't ebay prices but it sure wasn't retail either. So I vouch for him that he IS willing to pay for the figures he needs.

I don't think he's from Spawn. I don't think he even mentioned anything Mcfarlane. I used to be a Spawn.com member. Not since I discovered HT though. LoL. I came here and been here ever since. :D

That being said, this guy ain't no Spawn.com guy. He said he already has some of the Preds including a P2 because I sold it to him. It wasn't ebay prices but it sure wasn't retail either. So I vouch for him that he IS willing to pay for the figures he needs.

Not saying him per-say. But it takes one rotten apple _____ing about how HT preds aren't worth the mark-up and then the whole thread turns into a NECA tea party. Fact is, they are because that's what people pay for them. Case closed.

I've come to just accept that if you miss them you miss them. I missed the first 3 USCM figures, came on board the HT bandwagon too late. Really bothered me at first but I've gotten over it. I'm thankful that those are the only ones I missed (well also the P2 Elder), anything else that may have been out I wouldn't have been interested in anyway. Its the guys just coming into HT collecting now that I pity - theres been a heck of a lot that they'd have to now look for on ebay.

Personally though, even if I weren't an ebay virgin and if I didn't have an inate distrust of it (irrational though it may be) I'm not sure I could now justify going back and buying those first 3 marines for what they go for now. I probably would have last year because I went a bit insane buying just about everything but I'm trying a bit of restraint now going forward.

Umm by kiddy crap do you mean the 7 inch stuff (all of it is mcfarlane) cause thats a bit harsh thats what most of ma collection is made up of and i thought this board was about collecting in general and i also think HT are way too expensive because all they are ,are really just toys (for adults of course :))in the end.

Oh dear. You shouldn't have said that.

I don't think Hot Toys are too expensive, truly amazing work goes into every one of them even the ones where I've hated the end result like the Big Chap Alien. And with the diversity of materials the figures use they do probably warrant the high cost of their initial retail pricepoints. I think there is an argument to say that one might be mad to pay certain elevated ebay prices but at normal retail you pretty much get what you pay for.

However, I agree I don't like the dismissive, even disdainful, attitudes towards so called 'kiddie crap'. I went back to collecting NECA stuff even after I started to (and continue to) buy Hot Toys stuff. Its down to the licenses to me. NECA got T2, Alien, Predator etc so I was always going to be all over those. I like their other stuff but I'm sticking to my favourite licenses and buying both the high end and lower end, different scales etc.

Umm by kiddy crap do you mean the 7 inch stuff (all of it is mcfarlane) cause thats a bit harsh thats what most of ma collection is made up of and i thought this board was about collecting in general and i also think HT are way too expensive because all they are ,are really just toys (for adults of course :))in the end.

This is a fair statement. IMO, it's garbage. Meaning, cool to buy (and I've bought and still buy some), but if it breaks, no sleep lost. My point is that I'm not popping into the NECA or McFarlane threads stating this. This, for all intents and purposes, is a Hot Toys thread. And it should be understood that with the HT name comes a HT price. They're high-end collectibles in name and in value. IMO a HUMMER is nothing more than a toy for the extremely wealthy, but that doesn't mean it's overpriced, so that comment is rather irrelevant.

why do you have to hate? You dont like it ignore it.

Or, you could always learn to read better. ;)

There are several existing threads this question could've been asked in. But I see you're just a newb who's looking for attention by bringing up a quote that's 5 pages and several topics old. :lol

This is a fair statement. IMO, it's garbage. Meaning, cool to buy (and I've bought and still buy some), but if it breaks, no sleep lost.

That was a more restrained response than I was expecting. However I don't get why you would buy something that you actually describe as 'garbage' or any of the other colourful insults you threw at the NECA stuff in our debate a few weeks ago. Not looking to reignite that (although this place has been pretty boring lately - unless you're an Iron Man fan :lol) but for me if I buy something whether it be high end or low end I certainly wouldn't do so whilst thinking of it as disposable crap. I'm buying it because of the subject matter and because I think its really cool.

That was a more restrained response than I was expecting. However I don't get why you would buy something that you actually describe as 'garbage' or any of the other colourful insults you threw at the NECA stuff in our debate a few weeks ago. Not looking to reignite that (although this place has been pretty boring lately - unless you're an Iron Man fan :lol) but for me if I buy something whether it be high end or low end I certainly wouldn't do so whilst thinking of it as disposable crap. I'm buying it because of the subject matter and because I think its really cool.

Why do cops call a plant gun a "throw away" gun when it's just as lethal as any other gun and clearly serves a purpose? That's what you and Blade3327 were failing to realize. There are toys I buy to play around with and then there are those I buy to add to my collection. Personally, I don't want a shelf full of a bunch of $7 toys, let alone mixed in with the higher-end stuff. IMO it looks tacky and reminds me of my grandmother's curio cabinets which were cluttered to hell. These toys I either give to my kids to play with or toss into a bin with other toys. I just don't feel compelled to display them and to me, that's a garbage toy. Now this is just my opinion so take it for what it's worth.

Why do cops call a plant gun a "throw away" gun when it's just as lethal as any other gun and clearly serves a purpose? That's what you and Blade3327 were failing to realize. There are toys I buy to play around with and then there are those I buy to add to my collection. Personally, I don't want a shelf full of a bunch of $7 toys, let alone mixed in with the higher-end stuff. IMO it looks tacky and reminds me of my grandmother's curio cabinets which were cluttered to hell. These toys I either give to my kids to play with or toss into a bin with other toys. I just don't feel compelled to display them and to me, that's a garbage toy. Now this is just my opinion so take it for what it's worth.

Interesting analogy, I wouldn't have thought of that. I guess it explains why you're OK with calling low end stuff 'crap' even though you buy some of it. Wouldn't be me as I said but yeah to each his own. To be honest there is stuff I would call 'garbage' but I don't include NECAs stuff in that. To me 'garbage' is bobbleheads, minimates, star wars galactic heroes etc etc. I like NECAs stuff because they go for realism albeit with cheaper materials and with less refined finish (i.e that rough texture you hate, and inferior paintjobs)....but their sculpts can be incredible. How I saw our debate a few weeks back was it seemed to me that you refused to acknowledge even that about their sculpting talent. I think you saw it differently at the time and maybe still do.

Interesting analogy, I wouldn't have thought of that. I guess it explains why you're OK with calling low end stuff 'crap' even though you buy some of it. Wouldn't be me as I said but yeah to each his own. To be honest there is stuff I would call 'garbage' but I don't include NECAs stuff in that. To me 'garbage' is bobbleheads, minimates, star wars galactic heroes etc etc. I like NECAs stuff because they go for realism albeit with cheaper materials and with less refined finish (i.e that rough texture you hate, and inferior paintjobs)....but their sculpts can be incredible. How I saw our debate a few weeks back was it seemed to me that you refused to acknowledge even that about their sculpting talent. I think you saw it differently at the time and maybe still do.

I do. I still think it should be judged as an end product as is just about everything else and don't see how certain aspects can be ignored in an end product to defend the losing end of an argument. Case in point, while the "shape" of NECA's Arnold's head might be more "accurate" than the HT sculpt it still fails in comparison as overall, it's just 1000x inferior. I won't budge on that.

As for bobbleheads, minimates, etc, that's garbage to me as well. I have a Boba PC bobblehead on the dash in my crossover. It's neat to have but should he fade, crack, or get broken by my all too curious toddler, I'm certainly not gonna cry about it. However, the times she's gotten her hands on my Medi Boba, I turned into a DI.

I do. I still think it should be judged as an end product as is just about everything else and don't see how certain aspects can be ignored in an end product to defend the losing end of an argument. Case in point, while the "shape" of NECA's Arnold's head might be more "accurate" than the HT sculpt it still fails in comparison as overall, it's just 1000x inferior. I won't budge on that.

I wouldn't ask you to budge on that - I was only ever saying that NECAs figure had the vertical length of the face more accurate than the HT one (and I was saying that in the NECA thread). If you could agree with that and yet still feel that the HT one is a far better piece and more worth having because of the whole then I find that completely reasonable. Personally I still love NECAs one and will continue to love it even when I have the HT in hand but that comes from my own willingness for both high end and low end to be seen together as representing one of my favourite films and the fact that I am just not as bothered by the drawbacks of the lower end as you are.

In any case I had been guilty of bringing attention on the NECA T-800 a few too many times in the Hot Toys thread (mind you I wasn't the only one) and it was bothering a few people. In future I'm going to keep it to the NECA threads or in general Terminator collections/customs threads.

......and yes I'm sure HT will be doing more Aliens and Predators...incidentally.

Damn this thread got derailed hardcore... :lol

Well, I don't think there was much to say in answer to the question in the thread title beyond 'Yes', 'the film Predators', 'maybe the Alien prequel' - all of which came in the first page. So this thread was fair game for derailment at this point just to be kept going.

Well, I don't think there was much to say in answer to the question in the thread title beyond 'Yes', 'the film Predators', 'maybe the Alien prequel' - all of which came in the first page. So this thread was fair game for derailment at this point just to be kept going.

:lol Point taken and undeniable. Maybe we should create a thread called Alien and Predator Bull$H!T thread. Just throw all your crap in there. Put a sticky on it.

Back