Aragorn Premium Format!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Aragorn PF!!!

I don't think the production piece looks bad but the prototype was just about perfect so in a way it is a let down.

At least SS put up production pics before this item started to ship. This way buyers can canel if they're upset about the changes. I still remember back when SS didn't put up production photos until after the item shipped. Anybody remember the Buffy Faith and Willow fiascos? :rolleyes:

I think the clothes look better. It still looks like Viggo to me but obviously the reason why it looks less like him is the paint job. Paint jobs are at least fixable.

It could be worse, guys.

01.jpg

Thank you Darth Waller for posting this. Just take a look at the Cinemaquette Aragorn for a minute guys, and you can't say SS's Aragorn doesn't look a hell of a lot better, even if they did change up a few things. It could have been far, far worse indeed. I rest my case. :monkey1

I think it still looks pretty good, but I think the lighting has a big effect on the production photos... the skin tone has totally changed from photo to photo. If you can picture if the skin tone is actually the same in both pics, you can see the orange-ish colour that is tinting the production pics.

Yeah i have decided to keep my order at this stage and hope the photos don't do it justice.

Aragorn is pretty much my fav character and i thought this would be my grail so i was pretty shattered to see the change but i want a Strider PF so fingers crossed it pleases all us freaks.

I just cancelled my excl. order but not because of the final prod. photo's. I actually prefer the reg. edition as I just think the excl. is lame and since there's only a difference of 150 in the ES's I just don't see it worth having, esp. since I can save a few bucks buying the reg. edition instead.

I am in the minority however, as I actually prefer the updated version. I think to pose is more natural looking, the color of the clothing is definitely more accurate and I like the expression on his face. And as has been mentioned numerous times already, the final in hand product almost always looks better than the photo's .

Its hard for me to be upset at all since i just became a father :D but otherwise i must say disappointed for sure and will wait till i have a chance to decide on whether to cancel or not.Like the prototype pic way better.;)

Congrats Redman! As you will soon find out...there is nothing in this world that will give you more joy than having children!!

Last edited:

Congrats Redman! As you will soon find out...there is nothing in this world that will give you more joy than having children!!

Thanks Woodsy mate yeah cant wait to start the journey.:cool:

I think this Aragorn is slowly growing on me or maybe i'm just trying to convince myself.:confused::D

This statue is already growing on me more than the Gandalf the White one. Even though it has changed from the proto, it still looks like Viggo. At least to me, it does.

Canceled. :D Long ago, too. Even before I saw these.

It was more a question of finances more than anything else. :\ The choice was made difficult by the perfection of the prototype. Without that perfection, though, I'm feeling much better about my decision.

Not that it doesn't still look good enough...

I held on as long as I could, but today I had to do it - I canceled.

I couldn't swing the funds without selling a bunch of stuff and I don't have a bunch of stuff to sell, so that was that. Even with the changes this statue still rocks and hopefully one day it will be in my possession. All of you who are getting one better post some good pictures of it in this thread - though that might just make me feel worse. :monkey2

I think the perfect 1/4th scale piece of him would be the SS sculpt on the CM body.:D

Overall PF is a better choice.

I'm still in love with the prototype. But, I'm warming up to the production pictures.

As long as I am happy with it when it arrives I'll keep it.

Well, I'm relatively new here, but I'd thought that I'd chime in. After thinking about it for a few days, I decided to cancel my exclusive. The production piece looks decent, but there are too many terrific products out and coming out soon to buy something that is only decent. I LOVED the prototype, and as good as the production version might be, everytime I look at it I'll think about what could have been with this piece. Good luck to those of you still purchasing it...I'm sure it's going to be great in person!

Well compared to the CM, the Aragorn PF is looking better and better every minute! :lol It's definitely warming on me....I think at first it was just a bit of a shock to see such a difference from the prototype....and though I like the prototype better (the calmness and sadness that I saw in his eyes/face - which is how I see Aragorn-especially Viggo's Aragorn - is missing.....now he looks like he's more angry and ready to kick ass - which is also great...but just not how I picture Aragorn.) I still think this piece is going to be incredible. I can't wait to get it in person. :D

I'm going to keep my order, and this is going to be my first PF (first of many).

I think people are also forgetting that the production photos were shot on a black background, while the proto shots were done on color/light backgrounds - that is always going to make different details look darker/lighter.

It's not perfect like it once was, but I think in hand it is still going to be absolutely breathtaking.

...now he looks like he's more angry and ready to kick ass - which is also great...but just not how I picture Aragorn.)

If anyone displays the Aragorn PF next to the FOTR theatrical poster I wouldn't imagine anyone would look at him and say "Hey that expression doesn't seem like Aragorn." It actually matches pretty well to the poster.

Aragorn.jpg

lord_of_the_rings_the_fellowship_of_the_ring_ver4.jpg

Its funny that after all these years I literally just noticed that on the FOTR poster he's shown in his Helm's Deep armor. :lol

Its funny that after all these years I literally just noticed that on the FOTR poster he's shown in his Helm's Deep armor. :lol

I never did notice that either :lol
re-posting the poster as yours did pop up (for me)

Last edited:

At least it seems like more people are starting to warm up to the way it looks now. I think it was just an initial shock when everyone saw the changes that were made, I was surprised myself. I think they made the right choice in changing it, I think it looks more realistic to be honest. Glad to see at least a few are getting used to it.

If anyone displays the Aragorn PF next to the FOTR theatrical poster I wouldn't imagine anyone would look at him and say "Hey that expression doesn't seem like Aragorn." It actually matches pretty well to the poster.

Aragorn.jpg

lord_of_the_rings_the_fellowship_of_the_ring_ver4.jpg

He does resemble that poster well......I guess you can just call me a sap....I liked the way he looked after he said goodbye to Frodo....there was a sadness there...and when I first saw this PF that is the image that came into my mind and I loved it. I suppose the more bad ass expression will look great when he's standing next to Lurtz.....either way I'm pleased and of course no one who sees my Aragorn is going to think the expression is off - because it's not...I just like the other expression too. :eek::D:lol And that pic is from after the outer wall had been blown up at Helms Deep - he's at war and he's pissed....so his angrier look is definitely more fitting...but for FOTR I just see him as having the weight of the world on his shoulders - Gandalf is dead (he thinks), Frodo's going off on his own, Merry and Pippen are captured, Boromir is dead, Should he accept his destiny and be King, do they have a chance in hell of beating Sauron, is Arwen going to sail off to the west where he will never see her again.......as the movie progresses - he seems to come into his own more and knows what he must do....but in the first one, I just didn't get that feeling as much....PERSONALLY. And I also realize that this PF is not necessarily a representation of only the FOTR movie...but of all of LOTR.....I just can't help what I felt when I first saw the pics of the prototype. :eek:

Last edited:
Back