Aragorn Premium Format!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Aragorn PF!!!

…and Frodo a little freshen up. :D

dsc06492copydk1.jpg

dsc06542copygr5.jpg

The change in the colors of the clothing is due to them being weathered and worn. If you look at the pics I posted you can see that his cloak actually is that faded color in the movie.

The fading/colouring of the cloaks changes in just about every scene in the movie. They are meant to go between grey and green. In fact, the colours were purposely changed in post production (watch the behind the scenes footage). Just look at Merry and Pips cloaks as they hide from the Uruks at Amen Hen.

The problem is that they took away the sculpt which is what made the PF aragorn. Strider had a passive look to him - thats what made him strider. This new look may be intense, which seems right in a battle situation, but it isnt right for the way Vigo played him.

Last edited:

The fading/colouring of the cloaks changes in just about every scene in the movie. They are meant to go between grey and green. In fact, the colours were purposely changed in post production (watch the behind the scenes footage). Just look at Merry and Pips cloaks as they hide from the Uruks at Amen Hen.

The problem is that they took away the sculpt which is what made the PF aragorn. Strider had a passive look to him - thats what made him strider. This new look may be intense, which seems right in a battle situation, but it isnt right for the way Vigo played him.

Exactly, Aragron in battle always seemed calm and relaxed and SS has already depicted that in their dio. They didn't give him an intense expression, they just left it alone which is what they should have done for this.

Exactly, Aragron in battle always seemed calm and relaxed and SS has already depicted that in their dio. They didn't give him an intense expression, they just left it alone which is what they should have done for this.

That's not completely true. I can remember several scenes where he is fighting and yelling and having an "agressive" look on his face.

Let's just be happy they didn't use this caption as reference material to sculpt the face:
Aragorn%20and%20the%20Army%20of%20the%20Dead.jpg

I'm still liking the way he looks, can't wait to get him. Even though my waitlist converted late I'm hoping that I'll be part of the first shipment, since so many people seem to be canceling.

I'm not cancelling. And despite my ealier shock, I'm not saying this isn't a fantastic PF. I just wish it had the face of the prototype. I just have to accept what we've got now and appreciate it for the piece that it is.

Again, I'm calmer now. I woke up wearing these shredded purple pants but I'm ok now.

Remember when the production pics of the 1/6 hobbits went up and everyone was moaning about how they'd failed to live up to the proto?

And then remember when the inhand pics started coming in and everyone was like - "wow! They're better than the proto!"

So I think we should take up a "wait and see" attitude with poor Elessar here.

My feelings exactly. SS isn't exactly renowned for taking good photos lol.

That's not completely true. I can remember several scenes where he is fighting and yelling and having an "agressive" look on his face.

Let's just be happy they didn't use this caption as reference material to sculpt the face:
Aragorn%20and%20the%20Army%20of%20the%20Dead.jpg

I agree with you but every time he was hacking at bad guys he was not always blood hungry and anygry.

Aragorn had incredibly intense/borderline angry expressions at various times during his first fight with the Ringwraiths, against the Cave Troll, against the Wargs, at Helm's Deep, and of course when leading the Army of the Dead. He might have been more desperate and resigned at Amon Hen but the expression isn't out of character in general.

For all who don't like that his expression isn't scene accurate does that mean you won't be displaying him with the knife? Because I think it would be strange to be okay with one and not the other.

Its hard for me to be upset at all since i just became a father :D but otherwise i must say disappointed for sure and will wait till i have a chance to decide on whether to cancel or not.Like the prototype pic way better.;)

Its hard for me to be upset at all since i just became a father :D but otherwise i must say disappointed for sure and will wait till i have a chance to decide on whether to cancel or not.Like the prototype pic way better.;)

Congrats on becoming a father Redman :D.

Thanks guys yes we have just been given the Ultimate Exclusive Premium Format so to speak.:)

Remember when the production pics of the 1/6 hobbits went up and everyone was moaning about how they'd failed to live up to the proto?

And then remember when the inhand pics started coming in and everyone was like - "wow! They're better than the proto!"

So I think we should take up a "wait and see" attitude with poor Elessar here.

I think this is a true statement except that some don't want to wait when it comes to money.

Aragorn is my favorite character. I would love to own this piece. But, now I'm torn as it's not what it was before.

I think this is a true statement except that some don't want to wait when it comes to money.

Aragorn is my favorite character. I would love to own this piece. But, now I'm torn as it's not what it was before.

I thought you've never heard of this place.

After all that venting I think it is growing on me. I was going to buy it anyways but makes me feel a bit better.

Back