Aragorn Premium Format!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Aragorn PF!!!

Actually I think the Gentle Giant bust likeness looks better now.

I just looked at Gentle Giants bust and I agree the likeness is really good. But I'm more of a statue guy than a bust guy anyway. Gentle Giant does do some pretty good likenesses though, I just looked at their Gandalf bust also and I have to give it to them, that's probably the best likeness that I've seen of him. Still can't wait for the PF though, like I said I'm a statue guy, so I want the whole package. :D

I just looked at Gentle Giants bust and I agree the likeness is really good. But I'm more of a statue guy than a bust guy anyway. Gentle Giant does do some pretty good likenesses though, I just looked at their Gandalf bust also and I have to give it to them, that's probably the best likeness that I've seen of him. Still can't wait for the PF though, like I said I'm a statue guy, so I want the whole package. :D

I am just going by likeness. I prefer statues too. I thought the proto looked better than the GG bust, but now I think the production piece doesn't look as good.

I am just going by likeness. I prefer statues too. I thought the proto looked better than the GG bust, but now I think the production piece doesn't look as good.

I can definitely see where you and others are coming from about the Proto, but personally I prefer the more intense look of the Production piece. Everyone has their own preferences, but I can understand the gripes people have with it. At least no one can say the likeness is as bad as say the Bruce Lee PF or Frodo PF...at least I don't think anyone would say that :lol.

I can definitely see where you and others are coming from about the Proto, but personally I prefer the more intense look of the Production piece. Everyone has their own preferences, but I can understand the gripes people have with it. At least no one can say the likeness is as bad as say the Bruce Lee PF or Frodo PF...at least I don't think anyone would say that :lol.

The Frodo PF likeness is uncanny. Just ask The Josh.:lol:lol:lol

Geeze it seems every one these days has their own font and color for posts...

MAYBE I should start. Can I be cool like Faramir and Dannie?!?!? :monkey5:rotfl

He does resemble that poster well......I guess you can just call me a sap....I liked the way he looked after he said goodbye to Frodo....there was a sadness there...and when I first saw this PF that is the image that came into my mind and I loved it. :eek:

Agreed thats pretty much the way i look at Aragorn and why he's my fav character.I guess you could say he's a mans man but also a woman's and you can't beat that.

Having your own font style identifies you as one of the cool kids.....at least that's how I like to look at it. :lol.

I love how this whole conversation just went completely off topic from the Aragorn PF. Everyones probably like "What the hell are those guys talking about?" :lol. And look at that, I made it to 300 posts.

I love how this whole conversation just went completely off topic from the Aragorn PF. Everyones probably like "What the hell are those guys talking about?" :lol. And look at that, I made it to 300 posts.

Since it involves certain members they are probably not shocked at all.:lol:lol:lol

Count me in the minority but I don't have a problem with the production pics. I'm still looking forward to getting it. :rock

PS. In regards to the angry look, I like it. I also liked the extended scene when Aragorn chops off the Mouth of Sauron's head. :cool:

I don't post very often here but after seeing the proto/production photo comparison I just had to throw my .02 in.

I'm convinced now that the uber perfect proto photo had a photoshopped Viggo face "stuck" in and then touched up to make it look like a sculpt. I'm sure someone with time and skills could find the actual original photo or film frame used for the reference. Doesn't this make sense? As the body and pose are the easy parts and Sideshow just saved the facial likeness for last. I can't really blame them for it. We're making these comparisons with pre-production advertising so I guess we could only hope for the best.

What's disappointing is the lack of any explanation from the Sideshow production staff (If there has been and I missed it in this thread or on the site I apologize). I think being more up front and communicative with the design decisions would ease the acceptance of any production presentations, regardless of the time they're given during development. The choice to remove the color richness Aragorn's outfit is also disappointing to me along with the weakness of the right hand sculpt on the hilt and the positioning of the exclusive left hand. Thanks Sideshow! At least I'll have the option.

I won't be canceling my exclusive order. I'm still excited about the scale. It has so much potential!

I haven't received a piece from Sideshow's LOTR line since the poly Aragorn at the Black Gates.

CptCosmo

I'm convinced now that the uber perfect proto photo had a photoshopped Viggo face "stuck" in and then touched up to make it look like a sculpt.

No way the statue in the backstage pass is "photoshopped" in :rolleyes:

Back