Aragorn Premium Format!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Aragorn PF!!!

01.jpg

Imagine, you could buy every SS LOTR PF out and due out this summer for the price of that CM piece of crap and still have enough left over for lunch at Burger King. I hope my waitlist converts.

I am not warming up to the new piece at all. In fact every time I see it I think about the greatness that could have been. We'll see if my dislike is exaggerated when in hand pics show up. I want to be wrong but it was perfect before. Now his appearance resembles the CM more to me... which is not a good thing. :lol

I don't know about that. I guess they have a similar determined look but thats about it.

I don't know about that. I guess they have a similar determined look but thats about it.

I think that's what is making me think that. It's that angry/evil/I want to cut you up look that both statues are giving me. I really thought, as most of you did, that Aragorn's character was very soft and did have a sadness to him. That is what made him different and better than most men in LOTR. I'll stop complaining now. :lol

Thats how I look at the character as well. He did have his moments though and I guess this piece is translating that more.

I think that's what is making me think that. It's that angry/evil/I want to cut you up look that both statues are giving me. I really thought, as most of you did, that Aragorn's character was very soft and did have a sadness to him. That is what made him different and better than most men in LOTR. I'll stop complaining now. :lol

Gotta agree with you Rory. I think the sculpt is a real disappointment. We shouldn't have to warm up to it. I'll still get it, but it could and should have been better. The Lurtz was spot on perfect. SS does great with anything non human. I think they need to go on a talent hunt for head sculptors. I know of a guy out there. Andy...something or other.:lol

I agree on the comment regarding the sadness that Aragorn carries and the burden of being Isuldur's heir. That made the character more likeable to me as well.

Gotta agree with you Rory. I think the sculpt is a real disappointment. We shouldn't have to warm up to it. I'll still get it, but it could and should have been better. The Lurtz was spot on perfect. SS does great with anything non human. I think they need to go on a talent hunt for head sculptors. I know of a guy out there. Andy...something or other.:lol

Andy sculpted the Aragorn portrait ;)

I don't see where the sculpt is a disappointment. I think that may be stretching it just a touch. It still looks like Viggo just with a more determined look. Thicken his facial hair around the mouth and I think it would be there even more.

I see nothing wrong with aragorn looking like he's about to whoop some serious ass. honestly, i think a lot of you guys are nitpicking with the expression here. the likeness i can see your point.

I think it looks a little different to me because I am not used to seeing Aragorn with his hair pushed back and without his crown on. still I don't think there is anything too wrong with it.

I just can't help what I felt when I first saw the pics of the prototype. :eek:

Oh I hear you. In fact I agree with you in prefering the expression on the prototype. I'm just throwing out a reminder that his intense butt-kicking demeanor is something that has at least enough prominence in the films to make the theatrical one-sheet and that might be enough reason to appreciate the PF look even if it isn't preferred.

Its still the absolute best Aragorn collectible of any kind. People seemed to be pretty happy with the 1/6 scale figure which is far, far below the PF likeness IMO (which isn't a surprise of course.) I see the PF as a sports team that had a 50 point lead at halftime in the championship game but then let the other team come back and close it to 12 points by the end of the game. Still the undisputed champion, but not the victory to end all victories that it could have been.

Sideshow, why don't you make a exclusive for use with the prototype head. :naughty

I see the PF as a sports team that had a 50 point lead at halftime in the championship game but then let the other team come back and close it to 12 points by the end of the game. Still the undisputed champion, but not the victory to end all victories that it could have been.

Khev, you always know a good way to put it. Well said.

:)

I just look at it as it could have been a whole lot worse. I can still totally understand the disappointment that some people are feeling, but like Khev said, this is still the undisputed champion of Aragorn likenesses out there. I think everyone would still like to hear from SS though what exactly prompted them to change it, I think that would be a very interesting explanation. All I know for sure though is I want this statue in my hands already!

I just look at it as it could have been a whole lot worse. I can still totally understand the disappointment that some people are feeling, but like Khev said, this is still the undisputed champion of Aragorn likenesses out there. I think everyone would still like to hear from SS though what exactly prompted them to change it, I think that would be a very interesting explanation. All I know for sure though is I want this statue in my hands already!

Actually I think the Gentle Giant bust likeness looks better now.

Back