Aragorn Premium Format!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Aragorn PF!!!

What i don't understand is how each of us are getting different responses to our returns. The piece I received was a completely different one than I had before. Robodad's was quickly and poorly repaired and Darth Waller was sent instructions on how to fix it himself. All we want is a prefect displayable piece that is worth the fairly large amount of money we spent on the piece and in this case we have at least 3 different outcomes on that request. I am happy I got a brand new statue but it makes me feel bad to see other's CS experiences fair worse than mine. Hope all works out for you Robodad.

I had to send mine back as well. I found the entire process to be extremely smooth and the replacement I received somehow looked much better than my first one (go figure). I don't have any pieces coming until the Indiana Jones PF, then they will all come rolling in quick (Moria Orc PF, etc.).

Here are a couple of photos of the seam. Am I overreacting?

aragornfix1.jpg

aragornfix2.jpg

Wow. The repair job I did on mine, MYSELF, looks waaaay better then that!!
Sorry mate. That really sucks.

Completely unacceptable PF, Robodad. Glad to hear you are sending it back. What gets me is that QC felt this piece was good enough to send out to a customer after that lousy repair job.

Today my PF Exclusive arrived. Here are a couple of pics (I know the blue background isn't ideal, but oh well...)

aragornpf01.jpg

aragornpf02.jpg

aragornpf03.jpg

aragornpf04.jpg

aragornpf05.jpg

aragornpf06.jpg

aragornpf07.jpg

aragornpf08.jpg

aragornpf09.jpg

aragornpf10.jpg

Turn around, Aragorn! For God's sake TURN AROUND!!

Fantastic shots, you guys...

Everytime I see more pics come through on this piece, I'm struck by how unrepresentative the close-ups are compared to the longer shots. It's all in the magnification and the two-dimentional distortions that you can sometimes get can really throw the likeness off by a lot and make the piece come off a bit doll-ish or unrealistic.

The fact is that many of the extreme resolution details which accent this piece are not meant to be veiwed in extreme detail (the red pupil outline for example). They are accents which are intended to be barely perceived when presented in their actual scale.

I fear that many who are on the fence with this piece may be reacting to an inaccurate depiction of the piece as opposed to the reality of it. I was one of those folks when we got the first in-hand pics (i.e. my "Darth Aragorn the Vampire" comments). I took the gamble and it paid off BIG TIME!

Trust me, THIS is how Aragorn looks in hand!

aragornpf05.jpg

DSC01110_edited.jpg

Turn around, Aragorn! For God's sake TURN AROUND!!

Fantastic shots, you guys...

Everytime I see more pics come through on this piece, I'm struck by how unrepresentative the close-ups are compared to the longer shots. It's all in the magnification and the two-dimentional distortions that you can sometimes get can really throw the likeness off by a lot and make the piece come off a bit doll-ish or unrealistic.

The fact is that many of the extreme resolution details which accent this piece are not meant to be veiwed in extreme detail (the red pupil outline for example). They are accents which are intended to be barely perceived when presented in their actual scale.

I fear that many who are on the fence with this piece may be reacting to an inaccurate depiction of the piece as opposed to the reality of it. I was one of those folks when we got the first in-hand pics (i.e. my "Darth Aragorn the Vampire" comments). I took the gamble and it paid off BIG TIME!

Trust me, THIS is how Aragorn looks in hand!

You are absolutely right on everything :lecture …well said. ;)

It's certainly true that close-up shots can distort what a figure really looks like. For example, I've had the Bespin Luke figure on my desk for a couple of weeks, and it actually looks quite good from a foot or two away, but most of the close-up shots I've seen are not nearly as impressive.

I still wish they hadn't gone with that style for Aragorn's eyes, though.

Got mine today 795/850 great statue NO BROKEN HAIR (YES!!) very well done and great detailing. My dagger handle doesn't sit right in the sheath on his belt when you display his hand without the dagger, anyone else having this problem? :confused:

Got mine today 795/850 great statue NO BROKEN HAIR (YES!!) very well done and great detailing. My dagger handle doesn't sit right in the sheath on his belt when you display his hand without the dagger, anyone else having this problem? :confused:

Hmm apart from it being loose in the package, it fits quite snugly into the sheath on mine.

Back