Aragorn Premium Format!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Aragorn PF!!!

Aragorn is now shipping to the European costumers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Item # Description U/M Ordrd Shpd Back Price Ext
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Comments:
71591 PC 1 1 0 $299.99 $299.99
Aragorn Premium Format Excl
------------
Sub Total: $299.99
Discount: - $0.00
Freight: $47.99
VAT/Sales Tax: $60.90
------------
Invoice Total: $408.88

a few more:
IMG_2329.jpg
By the way, is it possible to place his magnetic left hand in a way that the blade of the knife is parallel to the blade of the sword? They're forming a V in your picture...

According to the production pix it seems to be possible:

71591_press01-001.jpg

Well, he's here, and he's intact, mostly. It is the same number that I had before. In fact, it looks like the same exact statue, at least from the photos I took before I sent it back. The base is unquestionably the same one. The writing of the numbers is exactly identical.

Now for the bad news. It looks alike all they did was quickly glue the hair back on, slap a coat of paint over it, and ship it back to me. No effort was made to blend the pieces together at all. The seam where it was reattached is plainly (and to me, grotesquely) visible, though I'm sure most people who look at it won't notice it that quickly. And to top everything else off, they shipped it in a generic shipper box that didn't fit the inner box well at all, so the box is all bent out of shape (kind of like me right now ;)).

But I just don't feel like going through this all again, so I'll be keeping it. I don't feel like posting photos of it at this point though. I hope you guys don't mind.

The bigger question is, what to do next time this happens? I'm so disappointed right now that if I were to receive another damaged piece tomorrow, I'd just return it for a refund as quickly as possible. This just isn't the customer service I have come to expect from Sideshow.

The bigger question is, what to do next time this happens? I'm so disappointed right now that if I were to receive another damaged piece tomorrow, I'd just return it for a refund as quickly as possible. This just isn't the customer service I have come to expect from Sideshow.

When I submitted my return request, I got an email back on how I could fix it myself. I didn't want to do that since I shouldn't have to on a $300 item, so I sent it back for a refund. I wonder if they would have just fixed mine and sent it back to me now.

Sorry, RoboDad. I'd feel pretty let down if that happened to me, too.

Well, he's here, and he's intact, mostly. It is the same number that I had before. In fact, it looks like the same exact statue, at least from the photos I took before I sent it back. The base is unquestionably the same one. The writing of the numbers is exactly identical.

Now for the bad news. It looks alike all they did was quickly glue the hair back on, slap a coat of paint over it, and ship it back to me. No effort was made to blend the pieces together at all. The seam where it was reattached is plainly (and to me, grotesquely) visible, though I'm sure most people who look at it won't notice it that quickly. And to top everything else off, they shipped it in a generic shipper box that didn't fit the inner box well at all, so the box is all bent out of shape (kind of like me right now ;)).

But I just don't feel like going through this all again, so I'll be keeping it. I don't feel like posting photos of it at this point though. I hope you guys don't mind.

I would let them know that you're unhappy. Maybe they'll make it right with you in another way. Can you just take a pic of the hair part? Maybe we should all look at our's to see if we can see a seamline.

I don't understand about the box. Maybe they sent it someplace for repair or whatever and those guys are screwing up! I would definately either email or call them and tell them you're not very happy right now. They need to know this!

I want a Boromir soooo badly.

I want him too, but I'll have to settle for a PF. :D

Sorry, me bad!

I was trying to decide that if I only buy a few of this line, who I would want. Aragorn, Boromir, Faramir and Legalos, depending on the looks of the PF.

Actually, I do mind that you don't feel like posting pictures. That kind of smacks of you giving up and accepting sub-standard workmanship on something as pricey as this. For goodness sake :whip- send it back - get a refund :D and then a couple of months down the line pick one up off the secondary market :D:D Better still - post an offer here for anyone who does not want to keep theirs.

That's lame. Sorry to hear that Chris.

It is DEFINITELY noticeable. I'd send it back. You paid top $ for this piece. You should get what you pay for. And, that's a mint statue. You could of fixed it like that yourself...

Send it back! Anything you pay $300 for should be in perfect condition no matter how big the issue is. In the end it is worth all the hassle.:D

OMG! I could've done a better job with some putty and a magic marker!

SEND IT BACK! :mad:

I know the close-ups probably make it look worse, but I still think the hair on this PF is a big blobby mess compared even to some Sideshow 12-inch figures.

That's not good CS, so unlike SS. I would definately send it back. Isn't the exclusive still available on second chance? I'd request one of those, with a new box, or tell them to keep it and refund your $.

I know the close-ups probably make it look worse, but I still think the hair on this PF is a big blobby mess compared even to some Sideshow 12-inch figures.

The hair on mine looks perfectly fine. When you blow it up that big of course it's gonna look worse, but in Robo case, it doesn't look like they even tried to do a good job. I'd send that pic to SS and show them that someone in their employ does shoddy work!

Back