Premium Format Aquaman - Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the popularity of the character (or lack therefore) probably has more to do with the price than anything else.

I don't know...really? Would you say Aquaman is any less popular than the Red Son characters? I could be wrong about that and maybe the Red Son characters are insanely popular these days but those are $470, $470, $490 and Aquaman is $430 and comes with more add-ons. I don't think it's a popularity thing. SSC has been consistently raising prices regardless of the character for the most part...until this. I actually expected this to be the same as Red Son Bats as it's still JLA and people would want to complete the line. I am really hoping that they have been looking at sales numbers and the corrolation to the price increases and the somewhat lackluster EX additions over the past few years and come to a decision about how to price stuff from here on out. It could be wishful thinking but it just seems like too random of a price for it to be about popularity.

I don't know...really? Would you say Aquaman is any less popular than the Red Son characters? I could be wrong about that and maybe the Red Son characters are insanely popular these days but those are $470, $470, $490 and Aquaman is $430 and comes with more add-ons. I don't think it's a popularity thing. SSC has been consistently raising prices regardless of the character for the most part...until this. I actually expected this to be the same as Red Son Bats as it's still JLA and people would want to complete the line. I am really hoping that they have been looking at sales numbers and the corrolation to the price increases and the somewhat lackluster EX additions over the past few years and come to a decision about how to price stuff from here on out. It could be wishful thinking but it just seems like too random of a price for it to be about popularity.

Aquaman is definitely more popular than the Red Son iterations. This man speaks the truth.

I think the fact there's no real mixed media might also have an effect on the asking price. He's popular enough to get a PF made, not to mention the 1/3 scale throne piece. Great looking figure with cool extras but the squared toes still look a little off to me.

I think ss knows it's a critical piece. For many reasons stopping at the trinity will make sense for a lot of people. Aquaman has to be a gateway to other non trinity pieces.

I think ss knows it's a critical piece. For many reasons stopping at the trinity will make sense for a lot of people. Aquaman has to be a gateway to other non trinity pieces.

There has to be a sweet spot where the price and the number of statues sold generates the maximum profit. Obviously for heavy hitters like batman, superman, spiderman, wolverine, etc there are exceptions where you can charge a lot more and get away with it. I am hoping the $430 mark is what they are thinking is the best price for them to move the most amount of product and make the most money. Maybe the higher prices just weren't selling well? And making the EX more appealing should get more people to order earlier on. I would love for this to be the case!

It's cheaper because the factory thinks it'll take less work to do it

It's cheaper because the factory thinks it'll take less work to do it

That could be part of it but it seems too drastic and on a very popular character from one of their premiere lines. They've never drastically just dropped their prices for one piece like this. Especially within a line that is the same scale. The only time they drop prices is for smaller scale items. Either way, it's a good thing. But it would be a GREAT thing if they continue with this line of pricing and stuff POing in the new future are in a similar range with nice EX add-ons...reminds me of how things used to be a few years ago:clap

I think Lobo was the gateway for DC pfs for those collectors.

Funny you say that because I know 3 people who bought Lobo and don't any other SS pieces and don't plan to get anymore. I think he is a popular niche character. Just because you buy Lobo doesn't mean your gonna buy the Justice League. But buy Aquaman...how do you say no Flash, Martian Manhunter, Black Canary, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Red Tornado, Dr. Fate and lets not forget Hawk and Dove :lol

Funny you say that because I know 3 people who bought Lobo and don't any other SS pieces and don't plan to get anymore. I think he is a popular niche character. Just because you buy Lobo doesn't mean your gonna buy the Justice League. But buy Aquaman...how do you say no Flash, Martian Manhunter, Black Canary, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Red Tornado, Dr. Fate and lets not forget Hawk and Dove :lol

Well actually I'm one of those people... WW with Aquaman... no plans for the others....

Im just going after the Super Friends I grew up watching on tv. SS isn't going to catch me in their trap to own every DC super hero.

Im just going after the Super Friends I grew up watching on tv. SS isn't going to catch me in their trap to own every DC super hero.

maybe they will do the super seven :p
tumblr_mzxj5aQ4Ot1qjn01ro4_250.gif

Attachments

• tumblr_mztmwoq6oD1qems7ao2_500.jpg
    tumblr_mztmwoq6oD1qems7ao2_500.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 131
I've decided I can't order this. It would be too big of a gateway into more DC and JLA pieces that I just really don't have much attachment to. I'm mostly a Marvel guy with the exception of Batman and I've been delving into far too many lines these days so I need to stop somewhere.

He is awesome though.

I've decided I can't order this. It would be too big of a gateway into more DC and JLA pieces that I just really don't have much attachment to. I'm mostly a Marvel guy with the exception of Batman and I've been delving into far too many lines these days so I need to stop somewhere.

He is awesome though.

I'm with you on this one...probably:lol The price and the EX are almost enough to push me to PO but I really don't plan on getting the whole line so this would be a bad start:rotfl

Seems like an Ex or fail piece to me... I love the Ex head but I don't like the Regular... Neck proportions look off or something... I don't know... But the Ex head looks great with the rest of the sculpt.

Back