Premium Format Aquaman - Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't a few of the DC busts sit there until they were double rewards or discounted? I know Green Lantern did, I don't think anyone would buy at $850. We would all just wait until it was discounted.

Yeah but it's sold out now. PCS said a Shao Kahn bust would be $1000+.

Didn't a few of the DC busts sit there until they were double rewards or discounted? I know Green Lantern did, I don't think anyone would buy at $850. We would all just wait until it was discounted.
The only two that sat for a bit were the Green Lantern, which I was a little surprised at and the Blue Batman but that was after they had sold through 1500 black Batman busts. I think if they did low runs theycd be fine on the less popular characters, because lets face not everyone is going to dr op $700 on a whim especially if the main focus is smaller scaled statues.

Been following threads but lurking a lot because I haven't been able to engage in conversation at all really. Josh that pic you made is just awesome and puts things into perspective (for me at least). I am pretty much with everyone that this looks great and for me the hook and beard = I need it over the reg. I have to find a green lantern does anyone think SS will do another pf? I don't know myself but i missed out on it and want the dam ex which is even more out of reach lol. I am happy with the cheaper price point on Aquaman I think that is directly due to popularity/project sales and lack of mixed media but dont know for sure. Another year+ long wait lol.

The only two that sat for a bit were the Green Lantern, which I was a little surprised at and the Blue Batman but that was after they had sold through 1500 black Batman busts. I think if they did low runs theycd be fine on the less popular characters, because lets face not everyone is going to dr op $700 on a whim especially if the main focus is smaller scaled statues.

This is true. I'm a big supporter of finishing the JLA in low runs. I had a plan in my head of how I would display them all and SS is really cramping my style, ha ha. And like I said before, if they're not I'd like to know so I could sell them and buy other stuff I want!

Been following threads but lurking a lot because I haven't been able to engage in conversation at all really. Josh that pic you made is just awesome and puts things into perspective (for me at least). I am pretty much with everyone that this looks great and for me the hook and beard = I need it over the reg. I have to find a green lantern does anyone think SS will do another pf? I don't know myself but i missed out on it and want the dam ex which is even more out of reach lol. I am happy with the cheaper price point on Aquaman I think that is directly due to popularity/project sales and lack of mixed media but dont know for sure. Another year+ long wait lol.

They have never said for certain if there will be another Green Lantern, but I think everyone is hoping they revisit him and make a statue that fits better with the rest of the JLA members.

LOL there aren't any others on the market?

There is always other options but a good 1/4 is hard to find. I got plans to downsize to a smaller Batman. WW is tougher. Superman is the only one I really care to have with a 6 inch base. Thinking about WW that is a piece I really want to see redone. There are so many good elements to her but at the same time I would really like one with a richer paint app, smaller base and the head looking straight or upward. These stare downward pieces provide display challenges.

I think just wait for another GL that fits the scale better.

There is always other options but a good 1/4 is hard to find. I got plans to downsize to a smaller Batman. WW is tougher. Superman is the only one I really care to have with a 6 inch base. Thinking about WW that is a piece I really want to see redone. There are so many good elements to her but at the same time I would really like one with a richer paint app, smaller base and the head looking straight or upward. These stare downward pieces provide display challenges.

Hope they make a Artgerm Wonder Woman.

I would much rather see SSC dig deeper into the JLA roster before they revisit GL or WW. Still so many other JLAers that need to be released.

Yup...

And WW of all characters? Until I see a version of Supes without undies on, I definitely don't want another WW, since she looks amazing.

300131-batman-012.jpg

I'd love to see a GL. Wonder Woman is phenomenal though, and just released... If they revisit GL soon, I hope it's Jon Stewart.

I am disappointed in aquaman. They are giving all the JLA men these not too define/normal looking bodies. I wish they would have made aquaman leaner, given him a swimmer/surfer type body instead.

Swimmers body= not so bulky, far more cut in the abs due to endless resistance training, leaner arms and legs, etc.

I'd love to see a GL. Wonder Woman is phenomenal though, and just released... If they revisit GL soon, I hope it's Jon Stewart.

I am disappointed in aquaman. They are giving all the JLA men these not too define/normal looking bodies. I wish they would have made aquaman leaner, given him a swimmer/surfer type body instead.

Swimmers body= not so bulky, far more cut in the abs due to endless resistance training, leaner arms and legs, etc.

I always figured he has a super hero muscular body instead of a swimmer's body because his swimming abilities are based on super powers (mainly high level super strength and endurance) so he never had to actually train like a normal human swimmer and wouldn't have that body type. Same reason why Flash or Quicksilver don't need to have a typical runner's body I guess (if that's even a thing).

Not saying you're wrong though. With super heroes it's always a balancing act of how much is logical or fantasy. In reality he's probably given a generic super hero body not for any logical reasons, but because he's from an era where mostly all super heroes were drawn like that, he has to look like a strong king and strong with the rest of the JL, and ss is just going along with it.

I always figured he has a super hero muscular body instead of a swimmer's body because his swimming abilities are based on super powers (mainly high level super strength and endurance) so he never had to actually train like a normal human swimmer and wouldn't have that body type. Same reason why Flash or Quicksilver don't need to have a typical runner's body I guess (if that's even a thing).

Not saying you're wrong though. With super heroes it's always a balancing act of how much is logical or fantasy. In reality he's probably given a generic super hero body not for any logical reasons, but because he's from an era where mostly all super heroes were drawn like that, he has to look like a strong king and strong with the rest of the JL, and ss is just going along with it.

I'm just afraid this line might begin to dull out if everyone has the same body type. Because Batman, Superman and Aquaman all have very similar ones now.

In casting, they do select an actor based on those attributes you mentioned bough (runners body, swimmers body etc.) They sent the current Flash, Grant Agustin to train with Olympic sprinters for weeks.

I do like the look with the ex head, but the regular head looks a little bizarre to me.

Back