Premium Format Aquaman - Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Aquaman - Premium Format DC Comics - SSC

Someone called me a troll for saying this would be under $400. Ouch. I have feelings you know! They can charge for Superman and Batman because everyone likes/wants them. Green Lantern and Aquaman are the red headed step children of the Justice League! Green Lantern cost $350. Aquaman will be in that ball park.

Not a chance. The days of under $400 PFs are over in the Marvel or DC offerings.

bearded head looks excellent...not a fan of the hook...would have much preferred a water hand

square toes are still the worst part of this piece...no idea why SS kept them cause they look ridiculous imo

overall a really nice looking statue...i'll be ordering and hoping someone does a custom water hand to add later

hopefully Black Manta makes an appearance soon :)

The base looks good. Not super tall like Bat n Sup

I was about to say the hook hand and beard don't go with this costume, but Aquaman did appear similar to this for about 3 issues or so in the 90s when the hook was new before going to the more familiar 90s version costume.

Most of those issues the hook was bandaged though since the wound was fresh. This might be the only actual issue he has this exact look.

35933-5230-40116-1-aquaman.jpg

But most won't care about comic accuracy, just as long as it looks cool. I'm in for this.

I like the exclusive as well. I just wish they did a better job with the transition from his costume to his "skin". The neck/shoulder looks weird and out of place.

Agree. I mentioned this a while ago as well.

Nice Ex, but I would have preferred to have seen a slightly different turn to the head and a slightly more intense expression. When he was bearded and had lost his hand he was a total badass.... Not quite so calm

67b8ad68704ac0942d818589a47f3821_zpsapcs4lj2.jpg

1a08ca6ed9f8cc2ed60acfdb17601a6b_zps6ebbfovp.jpg

Headre turned exactly the same and the beard is just to darn calm IMHO

Man, I had pretty much zero interest til I saw the EX add-ons. Are the extra head and hook BOTH confirmed as the EX? Or is it just the hook hand?

Someone called me a troll for saying this would be under $400. Ouch. I have feelings you know! They can charge for Superman and Batman because everyone likes/wants them. Green Lantern and Aquaman are the red headed step children of the Justice League! Green Lantern cost $350. Aquaman will be in that ball park.

I wouldn't get your hopes up

Aqua mans base is bigger than the aforementioned including Supes and Bats

And you are using pricing from over 4 years ago

$479.99

The bearded portrait looks fantastic...

Man, I had pretty much zero interest til I saw the EX add-ons. Are the extra head and hook BOTH confirmed as the EX? Or is it just the hook hand?
To my knowledge, nothing has been confirmed yet.

Words can't describe how happy this makes me.

Running out of vertical space for new Pf :clap

Nice Ex, but I would have preferred to have seen a slightly different turn to the head and a slightly more intense expression. When he was bearded and had lost his hand he was a total badass.... Not quite so calm

67b8ad68704ac0942d818589a47f3821_zpsapcs4lj2.jpg

1a08ca6ed9f8cc2ed60acfdb17601a6b_zps6ebbfovp.jpg

Headre turned exactly the same and the beard is just to darn calm IMHO

Good point. :clap

But what is the EX exactly? My guess is the hook hand is the EX. Which would mean the regular would have both heads. The hook hand is pretty cool though so you are prob still right:lol

Yeah, I agree. I think the bearded portrait will come included with the REG edition as well. I think the hook hand will be the EX.

I wouldn't get your hopes up

Aqua mans base is bigger than the aforementioned including Supes and Bats

And you are using pricing from over 4 years ago

$479.99

Pricing from over four years ago? Green Lantern came out less than two years ago...didn't he?? Time flies. I could be wrong.

This looks okay. It just does not have that "x-factor" for me like Superman or Lobo. Seems like a really "safe" sculpt. Not a bad piece by any means, but even with the EX add-ons, it still seems like Sideshow could do much better.

Back