Premium Format Aquaman - Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Aquaman - Premium Format DC Comics - SSC

I will PO him and iam no aquaman fan, what happened with me lol :p beautiful

I wonder if SSC figured out the sweet spot of orders placed vs price at which orders slow down? It would be nice if this was the new baseline. Might be wishful thinking. It will be interesting to see how much something like Supergirl will go for.

That was the price for the Modern Age Batman, which is why I thought it'd be the price of Spider-Man and a couple of others moving forward (Nolan Batman, etc...) but then Red Son Superman knocked everything out of whack. I'm glad to see Aquaman went backwards, as him being $100 more than the rest of the Justice League wouldn't have made much sense. That said, I'm sure future pieces, like Red Sonja, will continue to land in the $469.99-$489.99 region.

Still, great price on this for those trying to complete the Justice League! And seeing more shots, I'd almost surely go with the bearded sculpt. Awesome EX/posing options either way!

You guys think the Ex will sell out day 1? Ive got 2440 points available and 1040 coming in 10 days after this goes up for PO. Id like to use all my points for this, but i don't want to risk it for the extra few bucks id save.

You guys think the Ex will sell out day 1? Ive got 2440 points available and 1040 coming in 10 days after this goes up for PO. Id like to use all my points for this, but i don't want to risk it for the extra few bucks id save.

I doubt it'll go day one, I think you'd be safe waiting the 10 days.

Also a smart move because now people will be more likely to continue collecting the whole Justice League. If Aquaman was too be $500 people might not jump on board and put off collecting the remainder of the JL. Now that he's roughly $50 cheaper than what most people were expecting, people will buy Aquaman. So Aquaman will be $430. Green Lantern will be $430. And then Cyborg will be $700.

"I have all of the other JL members! I can't NOT get Cyborg!"

And Martian Manhunter :)..... 12094892_840712222713567_6673977125266353722_o.jpg

Nothing is guaranteed, but Sideshow basically puts up TBD for roughly a month, no matter what the piece. Maybe someone can point out a statue that did sell out before an ES was made, but I'm 99.9999% sure that it'll be TBD until the end of November/start of December! I'm pretty sure they've just been taking orders and then from those they finalize an ES for the EX and Regulars. The only pieces I know of that fly out in a few hours are the variants with really low ES.

This is a great EX for sure, and it'll sell well on day one; but I'd be absolutely shocked if you weren't okay to wait 10 days for your RP to kick in.

Makes sense. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll probably order him quickly since I'm getting an itchy order finger, but the EX should be around for awhile, at least until they announce the ES. I'm guessing an ES around 1250 for the EX and 1500-2000 for the reg.

Also a smart move because now people will be more likely to continue collecting the whole Justice League. If Aquaman was too be $500 people might not jump on board and put off collecting the remainder of the JL. Now that he's roughly $50 cheaper than what most people were expecting, people will buy Aquaman. So Aquaman will be $430. Green Lantern will be $430. And then Cyborg will be $700.

"I have all of the other JL members! I can't NOT get Cyborg!"

Cyborg is a Titan in my book. Always was and always will be. SSC just needs to finish off the Big 7. Bring on Flash and Martian Man Hunter.

I wonder if SSC figured out the sweet spot of orders placed vs price at which orders slow down? It would be nice if this was the new baseline. Might be wishful thinking. It will be interesting to see how much something like Supergirl will go for.

Yeah, this is exactly what I'm thinking. $430 is a reasonable increase from the old $400 standard.

Yeah, I'm surprised this isn't $480 myself. Glad to see the pricing closer to $400 than $500.

Agreed! Since I'm not doing the trinity, I think this will make a very nice companion piece to WW.

Agreed! Since I'm not doing the trinity, I think this will make a very nice companion piece to WW.

Yeah, he should look good next to any JLAer. I have the Trinity and GL already. Once I PO Arthur I'll only need Flash and MM to fill out the Big 7. I have a short BESTA. The Trinity is displayed together on the top shelf. I should have just enough room to squeeze Aquaman in with them. I'll probably have him displayed next to WW as well since they are both DC royalty.

Yeah, he should look good next to any JLAer. I have the Trinity and GL already. Once I PO Arthur I'll only need Flash and MM to fill out the Big 7. I have a short BESTA. The Trinity is displayed together on the top shelf. I should have just enough room to squeeze Aquaman in with them. I'll probably have him displayed next to WW as well since they are both DC royalty.

Ive got all 4 too. Looking forward to seeing them all together. Ive got a company building custom shelving for my new office specifically to display statues and graded comics. Im supposed to be getting the CAD designs back from them this week. So excited.

Ive got all 4 too. Looking forward to seeing them all together. Ive got a company building custom shelving for my new office specifically to display statues and graded comics. Im supposed to be getting the CAD designs back from them this week. So excited.

That sounds amazing. Congrats! You've got to share a pic of that when it's all set up.

Back