Premium Format Aquaman - Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Aquaman - Premium Format DC Comics - SSC

It'll be $489.99...it pretty much has to be. $469.99 was JUST the baseline this past summer, and Red Son Batman (much like Red Son Superman did with $469.99) started the new trend. It's only $10, but there's only so many times people will say that. I'd say they need to keep it at $489.99 for the rest of the year...though I also didn't see this jump coming so quickly either.

Either way, while there'll always be prices going up, Aquaman goes with the Justice League, who were all $399.99. That was a couple of years ago, so I wouldn't expect him to be the same price, but $100 more would be nutty. I mean, it'll already be $90 more, which is pretty nutty too! :lol $469.99 would sit better with a lot of folks, I'm sure; but I think Red Son Batman changed the pricing game.

ALL THAT said, the EX is amazing! I won't be getting him, but I do like when they give more display options with their EXs over something simple and unneeded. Even if you don't plan to display him with the beard and hook, it's still worth making sure you pick up the EX just to have the option at any time! Very cool piece for Aquaman fans!

The COH may not be an EX feature. It could just be the hook hand that's the EX. Either way, everything looks great.

The COH may not be an EX feature. It could just be the hook hand that's the EX. Either way, everything looks great.

I was thinking the same thing, but usually they do that transition during their videos to show off the EXs, so my guess would be "Alternate headsculpt and hand EX!" when it's previewed. I don't know a lot of Aquaman lore; but I'm pretty sure that he's got a beard and that look when he loses his hand/has a hook hand, so they kind of go together. But yeah, you can't go wrong with either display option! Both look great! :)

Speaking of videos, I'm loving that they're putting so much effort into these now! They really help sell the statue and show it off in ways that pictures alone can't. Very fun!

It said exclusive in the video as soon as the bearded sculpt was shown
attachment.php

Will definitely be picking up the EX. I much prefer it to the regular. Now I just need to figure out which statue to have customized into Mera because doubtful SS will produce one.

Look a little sad with that face but I like the Beard lets wait the pics soon :)

I'm pretty sure he's a much more battle worn Aquaman by that point, which likely has to do with that look as well. Plus, hook hand. :lol If I was getting this, I actually have no idea which one I'd choose to display it with! Usually the choice is simple with me after I see two options, but this is one where it'd likely be up in the air until I saw it in person. I really, really like that bearded look though!

Okay custom peeps time to get to work. I'm looking translucent resin here.

aquamanV7_2pg1.gif

That's a pretty interesting hand. I'd heard about the hook, but never a water hand. Is it like, infinite water so he can blast guys?

Its actually mystical given to him by the same Lady of The Lake that bestows Excalibur to Arthur. It connects with him through his mind and actually can take different forms depending on what he wills it to do
That's a pretty interesting hand. I'd heard about the hook, but never a water hand. Is it like, infinite water so he can blast guys?

Its actually mystical given to him by the same Lady of The Lake that bestows Excalibur to Arthur. It connects with him through his mind and actually can take different forms depending on what he wills it to do

Awesome, that's what I was thinking after the post...it's kind of like his own Lantern ring...but not, and water. :lol Still very cool! I'm sure a custom will pop up for it too.

Awesome, that's what I was thinking after the post...it's kind of like his own Lantern ring...but not, and water. :lol Still very cool! I'm sure a custom will pop up for it too.

I hope so but even if it doesn't I just won't use the hook, I never liked that era, just seemed kinda silly that a guy who fought for the oceans would stick a harpoon on his hand like some kind of Ahab. But everything else looks stellar.

Someone called me a troll for saying this would be under $400. Ouch. I have feelings you know! They can charge for Superman and Batman because everyone likes/wants them. Green Lantern and Aquaman are the red headed step children of the Justice League! Green Lantern cost $350. Aquaman will be in that ball park.

Meh ....SideShow can price this any way they want ...550 ....1000 ....don't care. I'm not getting it anyway. It has no appeal, IMO.

if you guys want to pay $480 or more for this ...it's your choice. I'm not willing.

Kind of a douchey post there, bud. If you're a fan of this hobby you should care how SS is pricing items. Also, when is this "meh" crap going to end? Meh. It's like nothing's interesting or worth talking about unless the Meh-people deem it so.

Back