Premium Format Aquaman - Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Aquaman - Premium Format DC Comics - SSC

I hope it isn't that high. I don't see a justification for almost $500 and would probably pass.

Definitely in for him. Hoping for a bearded switch out portrait as a minimum addition and maybe hook hand for an ex. Anything less would be super disappointing especially if he's going to be $450 plus.

Would be nice to know the exclusive option.

Wolverine is $480, and while they were not next to each other, Aquaman looked really big at SDCC, especially with his base, so I don't see him being less than that.

The price of statues creeping up is due more to the fact that people are willing to pay it. The first huge Medusa was $600, but the new one is $1000. If someone asked me 10 years ago if I would be willing to pay $200 for one of these statues, I would have said no. What happened to me....?

AquamanContest.jpg

I just hope to see a full preview of him on Tuesday. Can't wait to see what he turned out like and what the EX feature will be.

I'll be shocked if he's less than $489.99.

It will be virtually impossible for him to be less that $489.99 since they already jacked Red Son Bats to that price. He will be AT LEAST $489.99. I actually don't think he will be higher as that would just be spitting in everyone's face within a couple weeks of Red Son going up for PO. Either way, I'm out on this. I don't really see anything on the horizon from SSC that is a must have for me. My monies will prob go towards a couple more Prime 1 pieces. I'm getting dangerously close to being done for a looooooooooooooooong while.

I both want to want this and don't want to want this.

What does that mean? :dunno

I usually see that as a reason to wait and see. Everything goes up TBD on the ES nowadays, so there's no rush to PO day one for any reason. Hell, he'll be TBD for at least a month, maybe two...you give it a few weeks, check back on him every so often and see how you feel. If he keeps nagging at you, then it's something that you probably want in your collection; but if the excitement of a new pre-order going up passes over those few weeks, and you realize it's just not calling to you, then you also have your answer! :)

It won't be higher than $489.99...but it will be $489.99, and $489.99 will be the price point for the next handful. Things are definitely going up way too fast, as $469.99 was seen as the price point just this past summer when Spider-Man was put up for PO. I'm sure it'll jump again early next year, but going over $500 BEFORE shipping or taxes will really change this hobby a lot for many.

You guys are out of your minds. No way is this going to be $489. I was thinking $389. It's Aquaman for petes sake. Sounds like even the people that want this, kind of don't want it. I see a low price and a low ES.

For normal pieces, $500 is my limit. I have no desire to go over that price for anything outside of very large characters size-wise, very large intricate bases/dioramas, etc.

Everything about this piece is really cool though so far. The scale work is really nice and I love the color they chose to paint the gold. Unlike the IA piece who's color is not really my thing.

With all my negative feelings towards ss and how they've repeatedly slighted me I can't imagine passing this because I've been waiting for this for a while. Flash and Green Arrow are the only other 2.

Im sure the pics will look good but God only knows what's going to show up at my house a year or more from now.

Back