Aquaman and The Lost Kingdom - (2022)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like 90% are Batman. Insane! I've seen a guy rack up a foot high pile of comics and come in once a month or two to pick them all up. I was stunned. And yeah, I was the guy who happened to want to check out after him. :( Took like 20 minutes to get it all scanned and him to pay it.
Yeah, there are some insane Batfans that just consooooooom anything Bat-related. I don't know how it's possible to be that obsessed with one thing. In a way I kinda envy it. Their pop culture interests aren't all over the place, they just buy Batman, good or bad content, it's all about Batman. It's still nuts, but it makes things easier in a way. I don't know how people can spend that much on floppies anyhow. At my worst I was following 10 series per month. It was an utter waste and I mean that in every sense of the word. Following an Image series for speculator reasons and to support the creators I get. But following Big 2 characters in [current day] is pure financial suicide. Just buy your favourite run in an Omnibus/Absolute format and be done with it. Longboxes atop longboxes of floppies just take room. None of this nonsense will ever rise in price. It can't even be displayed. It's all a waste.

Yeah, there are some insane Batfans that just consooooooom anything Bat-related. I don't know how it's possible to be that obsessed with one thing. In a way I kinda envy it. Their pop culture interests aren't all over the place, they just buy Batman, good or bad content, it's all about Batman. It's still nuts, but it makes things easier in a way. I don't know how people can spend that much on floppies anyhow. At my worst I was following 10 series per month. It was an utter waste and I mean that in every sense of the word. Following an Image series for speculator reasons and to support the creators I get. But following Big 2 characters in [current day] is pure financial suicide. Just buy your favourite run in an Omnibus/Absolute format and be done with it. Longboxes atop longboxes of floppies just take room. None of this nonsense will ever rise in price. It can't even be displayed. It's all a waste.
I purged the long and short boxes I had. Just pile up. A few TPBs and my Tales of the Jedi run. Always smarter to not be on the hype train and get the TPB or Omnibus, but I do like the hype train. I do feel like I get burned more with comics than I win out on. There is good runs for sure, but there are filler issues that are a bore and finales that either lead to something else or are very dissatisfying.

I purged the long and short boxes I had. Just pile up. A few TPBs and my Tales of the Jedi run. Always smarter to not be on the hype train and get the TPB or Omnibus, but I do like the hype train. I do feel like I get burned more with comics than I win out on. There is good runs for sure, but there are filler issues that are a bore and finales that either lead to something else or are very dissatisfying.
I threw a lot away, some I gave out periodically as gifts in Secret Santas and the such. But I've kept some, all about my Top 10 characters or some such. I'm glad I have a complete East Of West run, but trying to gauge what Image/Indie title will become valuable or at least not stop dead in its tracks 5 issues in is a game of chance. I was never into TPBs, but I still need a lot of Omnis & Absolutes. The thing is, every such thing I buy has to do with what I later choose to represent in figure format. So I'm more and more cautious about it. I used to want to get as many as I could find of certain characters, but I don't see the point now. Just one or two runs per character/team. I'm not going to spend 1K on Golden Age Batman Omnis, for example.

The last single issue I bought was a Ben Grimm one-shot that ended up being a disappointment. TPB and omnibus collections are the only way to go. I remember thinking years and years ago comics should just come out once or twice a year in TPB only. Bringing it back to Aquaman, I almost bought the Peter David run that was collected recently (used to own the single issues way back when) but even passed on that.

The last single issue I bought was a Ben Grimm one-shot that ended up being a disappointment. TPB and omnibus collections are the only way to go. I remember thinking years and years ago comics should just come out once or twice a year in TPB only. Bringing it back to Aquaman, I almost bought the Peter David run that was collected recently (used to own the single issues way back when) but even passed on that.
Double dip - get you on the issues, then the TPB. Issues are more expensive individually than a collection in a TPB or Omnibus. There is some real good stuff out there, but you got to work around the capitalism of it where they are pushing out comics left and right and you will get some watered down stuff even in a great comic run.

Lol no. Dc has lots of cool characters . Some better than marvel.
Truth. WB hasn't found their vibe yet with them. Still can't believe with the money and talent being thrown around that Green Lantern hasn't gotten his due. What about that doesn't scream "epic space move?" Except maybe a character "hook" to hang the movie on. We have Chris Pratt as Star Lord in movies (and it works), but not a decent Hal Jordon. Wild.

Truth. WB hasn't found their vibe yet with them. Still can't believe with the money and talent being thrown around that Green Lantern hasn't gotten his due. What about that doesn't scream "epic space move?" Except maybe a character "hook" to hang the movie on. We have Chris Pratt as Star Lord in movies (and it works), but not a decent Hal Jordon. Wild.
So true. They have booster gold who is literally star lord but better and funnier but they won’t make him. And blue Beatle who is a Latino hero and is pretty much iron man but again they won’t make him. They are the stupidest studio I’ve seen

So true. They have booster gold who is literally star lord but better and funnier but they won’t make him. And blue Beatle who is a Latino hero and is pretty much iron man but again they won’t make him. They are the stupidest studio I’ve seen
All great points. They've made stabs at Booster Gold-type characters before but both him and Blue Beetle would be great in a Falcon/Winter Soldier "buddy cop" style story. So many great characters left on the table.:mad:

Back