Apple's WWDC 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Apple's WDCC 2010

Whatever the answer, there's no way I'm putting my phone in one of those goofy iPhone condoms. What's the point of the sexy hardware if you're gonna cover it up?

:lecture Good point. I have a leather belt holster for it, but its completely free when I quickdraw that sucker.

Who makes it? Do you have a link?

https://www.amazon.com/Agent18-Shield-Case-iPhone-Clear/dp/B001C0CHSK

Works fantastic coupled with:
https://store.apple.com/us/product/TS504LL/B?fnode=MTY1NDA0NA&mco=MTA4Mzk0ODM

Apple seems to be pumping this thing up....

Joel Johnson:
According to an anonymous fellow journo source inside: “Apple PR has been telling reporters and bloggers as they enter that ‘they won’t be disappointed’ and today’s announcements will be ‘amazing’.”

I'm just cuious if the people that purchased the 3Gs with the discount will be able to get it for the reduced cost again :eek:

I remember how much of a fiasco it was with the discounted rates on the 3G. I waited 4 hours in line to get one, and when I got inside they Apple clerk told me I wasn't eligible (when AT&T had told me previously I WAS eligible.......) :rolleyes:

is there a live stream?....i mean even sony and microsoft do live streams

Nope. This is a developer conference, not a video game show. I expect video will be posted later tonight.

Mike - thanks for the links. I'll hunt around for pics of one of those with a phone in it. It's kinda weird that they wouldn't show that on the product page...

I purposely didn't upgrade to the 3GS specifically because I knew that since the changes were mostly software based that there would be a new one on the horizon. I can't wait for the official specs since most sites differ on what is coming out.

How many times a week do you think AT&T drives a dumptruck full of cash to Apple's offices to still have the exclusive contract for the iphone?

I want an iphone so bad but I'm not switching from Sprint.

A keynote address from Apple's CEO, Steve Jobs, will start at 10 a.m. PT. The company does not allow live video of the event, but you can follow the minute-by-minute action on our Twitter account, @cnntech.

Also, tech news sites such as Ars Technica, Wired, CNET and Gizmodo will live blog from the event.

Mike - thanks for the links. I'll hunt around for pics of one of those with a phone in it. It's kinda weird that they wouldn't show that on the product page...

It used to be available through Apple direct...they took it down which has me thinking that the new one for the new phone should be out soon. Here is what I could find online:

Agent18-clearshield-380.jpg

I want an iphone so bad but I'm not switching from Sprint.

But...

WWDC = What Will Douches Collect?

So you want to be a ******?

Also, tech news sites such as Ars Technica, Wired, CNET and Gizmodo will live blog from the event.

Ironically Gizmodo was uninvited to the WWDC and were banned from even buying public tickets, they seem to have the most comprehensive blogging so far even though they are not there.

TAB_Josh: 2 million sold in 10 countries.
Monday June 7, 2010 10:04 TAB_Josh

10:04 TAB_Josh: "I was sitting in a cafe with my iPad, and it got a girl interested in me. that's what i call a magical device!"

10:04 TAB_Josh: "it is a whole new way to interact with the internet, with apps, with the content media"

10:04 TAB_Josh: "It is really changing the way we're experiencing the web, things like photos, video, maps"

10:03 TAB_Josh: A few updates to start with. First, the iPad.
Monday June 7, 2010 10:03 TAB_Josh

10:03 TAB_Josh: (I say: there's this little thing called streaming video on the internet)
Monday June 7, 2010 10:03 TAB_Josh

10:02 TAB_Josh: "we apologize to all those folks who wanted to get in. this is the biggest place we can get"
Monday June 7, 2010 10:02 TAB_Josh

10:02 TAB_Josh: Over 5,200 attendees "packed to the gills". Sold out in 8 days.
Monday June 7, 2010 10:02 TAB_Josh

10:02 TAB_Josh: Steve: "It's great to be here. Thanks very much for the welcome."

I purposely didn't upgrade to the 3GS specifically because I knew that since the changes were mostly software based that there would be a new one on the horizon.

:google They bumped the processing speed from 400mhz to 600mhz and doubled the on-board RAM to 256MB! Not to mention the compass. :google

But this new phone supposedly sports Apple's A4 chip, so it should be even better than the 3GS.

New hardware is always on the horizon. One could argue waiting until next year for the 4G capable iPhone rather than get this latest one which will still be 3G.

oh, and thanks for hunting down that pic. :duff

Back