Premium Format Apocalypse PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The latter...

It's easy to put that little extra into your first release to make a good impression.
Let's hope they can continue because competition is good.
Still way too expensive for me though and I prefer movie collectables.

The latter...

It's easy to put that little extra into your first release to make a good impression.
Let's hope they can continue because competition is good.
Still way too expensive for me though and I prefer movie collectables.

I'm not extremely knowledgable on the art of making statues. But, the fact that their iron man is in a bunch of individual piece and is then going to be molded together kind of scares me. Correct me if I'm wrong in this.

Most pieces will be constructed like that.
From my experience they have body and one leg as a piece then the other leg and two arms are glued on after.
Where there is no fabric covering the joins they will have the bigger cast.
I assume making the smaller pieces then joining them is easier.

Take Machiko for example, Mark Newman said alot of different pieces went into constructing her. Almost like a jigsaw puzzle.

Most pieces will be constructed like that.
From my experience they have body and one leg as a piece then the other leg and two arms are glued on after.
Where there is no fabric covering the joins they will have the bigger cast.
I assume making the smaller pieces then joining them is easier.

Take Machiko for example, Mark Newman said alot of different pieces went into constructing her. Almost like a jigsaw puzzle.

Ok. Just from a engineer stand point it seems like the more pieces the less chance of force fracture, but the more chance of un glueing issues.

Yup. And some people take criticisms of statues/objects/anything WAY too personally, as if it's a direct attack on their character. They need to lighten the hell up.

Apocalypse looked like crap in the first pics, and he's still a bit less vibrant than the prototype pictures. Deal with it.

umm I actually own this, have it in my house and think its awesome...deal with it.

I think it's more the fact that someone just spent 700 bucks on something and they don't want people telling them their purchase is not as good as they see it to be. That being said, it doesn't bother me. It goes both ways. The people that like it can praise it, and the people that have issues can gripe. It's why we have these forums, so we can discuss. I overall like this piece. I do see some of the criticism, but I personally like the color choices. QC is a different issue, but I think all statues have this problem. Everyone has issues when there is a big release... It's all in the eye of the beholder :)

I actually think its more about people not being able to afford a $700 statue so they are angry at life and want to come in and rain on everyone's parade who did get it.

Probably because the first couple of pictures were crap.
Always the way on here and people should know to wait for decent pictures before tearing something apart.

Here's some pics of my Apocalypse EX I'm just amazed at how this piece turned out

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Back