Premium Format Apocalypse PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've officially come to the conclusion that I'm passing on this piece. I'm just not feeling it. I'm glad I showed restraint and didn't impulse buy. Congrats to those who bought and like this piece.

Congrats to you fir being strong to not buy Everything that comes out. :wave. It's tuff I know.

Last edited:
URGENT! Need help from CANADIAN buyers (directly from sideshow).

Aight people, I would like to know if you ever have been charged extra money when your statue arrived at your doorstep when you ordered it from sideshow, especially an expensive piece like this one.

Thing is this. I bought a Joker PF EX on eBay from someone in the U.S. a while ago, I paid 600$ total for it. But when it arrived here, the ****ers charged me an extra 180$ of import bull**** and what not even tho I already paid a 50$ shipping price to the eBay guy.

So right now i'm wondering if I should order it from my LCS to save on such fees but here's the catch. If I want the EX, which I do, then I have to pay extra because for some reason, sideshow charge retailers extra money for exclusive editions.

If I buy it from my LCS, it could cost me up to 900$ CAN.
So the deal is this. Either I order it at my LCS and pay maybe 40-60$ more but have the option of opening multiple piece and pick the best one (because im sure there will be defects and what not like most of SS statues nowadays), and if there is a problem with the piece and needs returning/replacement the LCS will take care of it for me, or I order it myself from sideshow and risk having to pay 200$ when it arrives at my door but having only 1 option to choose from and hassle if I need a return/replacement/etc..

So what do you canucks think ? I have till monday before my LCS places the order to make my decision.

(Same problem with the Hellboy PF :/)

I have a 5% tax to pay upon arrival. Some prefer superpowercollectibles.com for non exclusives

I have a 5% tax to pay upon arrival. Some prefer superpowercollectibles.com for non exclusives

And what tax is that ? Is it import/customs fees or something fedex charges you ?

This is the math im doing to determine how much it would cost me to order it myself.
599.99 US to can = 626.57 as of today might be lower might be higher later on.
626.57 + taxes = 720.40
+ shipping (say 50$) = 770.40
+ a 5% like you said = 808.90$ total CAN
So i'd save about 60-80$...

And what tax is that ? Is it import/customs fees or something fedex charges you ?

This is the math im doing to determine how much it would cost me to order it myself.
599.99 US to can = 626.57 as of today might be lower might be higher later on.
626.57 + taxes = 720.40
+ shipping (say 50$) = 770.40
+ a 5% like you said = 808.90$ total CAN
So i'd save about 60-80$...

No taxes with sideshow but the 5% fedex charges upon receipt is gst. If you live in a province with that ridiculous hst, thr percentage will be higher.

The $ conversion is something to consider too. If our dollar is on par, great. If it falls to 95c to the dollsr, that can suck

Price is crazy but he's pretty much gladiator hulk's size which is where his price prob came from. Still Apoc is a pass for me. Grats to those getting him!

No taxes with sideshow but the 5% fedex charges upon receipt is gst. If you live in a province with that ridiculous hst, thr percentage will be higher.

The $ conversion is something to consider too. If our dollar is on par, great. If it falls to 95c to the dollsr, that can suck

I'm in montreal. Not sure where to check what the % is, fedex site is messed up :/
The no taxes part might be interesting tho...

URGENT! Need help from CANADIAN buyers (directly from sideshow).

Aight people, I would like to know if you ever have been charged extra money when your statue arrived at your doorstep when you ordered it from sideshow, especially an expensive piece like this one.

Thing is this. I bought a Joker PF EX on eBay from someone in the U.S. a while ago, I paid 600$ total for it. But when it arrived here, the ****ers charged me an extra 180$ of import bull**** and what not even tho I already paid a 50$ shipping price to the eBay guy.

So right now i'm wondering if I should order it from my LCS to save on such fees but here's the catch. If I want the EX, which I do, then I have to pay extra because for some reason, sideshow charge retailers extra money for exclusive editions.

If I buy it from my LCS, it could cost me up to 900$ CAN.
So the deal is this. Either I order it at my LCS and pay maybe 40-60$ more but have the option of opening multiple piece and pick the best one (because im sure there will be defects and what not like most of SS statues nowadays), and if there is a problem with the piece and needs returning/replacement the LCS will take care of it for me, or I order it myself from sideshow and risk having to pay 200$ when it arrives at my door but having only 1 option to choose from and hassle if I need a return/replacement/etc..

So what do you canucks think ? I have till monday before my LCS places the order to make my decision.

(Same problem with the Hellboy PF :/)

Ok, here is the straight goods:

1. Do not EVER allow a seller out of the US to ship you anything using UPS Ground or FedEx Ground...you will get nailed with huge brokerage fees. In fact, avoid UPS altogether.

2. USPS/Canada Post is hit or miss. Sometimes you get charged, sometimes you don't, depends which service the seller used.

3. You should insist that the seller use FedEx Economy (same service Sideshow uses). You will pay more up front, but the brokerage costs are included in the shipping cost. Using this method will save you money in the long run.

4. Create a FedEx account and have the seller reference your account number when they ship it (Sideshow will do this for you if you give them your FedEx account number). Doing this allows FedEx to charge all import fees to your credit card (assigned to your FedEx account) automatically. This means no delays at customs, no charges due upon delivery (because they will automatically get billed to your credit card), AND FedEx will waive a $10 fee (for paying your import charges and collecting from you later)...it's only $10, but hey, every little bit of savings helps.

5. I reiterate, do NOT EVER use UPS Ground (or UPS in general) or FedEx Ground.

If you follow the above, you will only have to pay the GST (and PST/HST if you have one...I think Quebec has a 10% PST, don't they??) on the converted Canadian dollar cost for the item.

Other extra hidden costs include the currency conversion fee charged by your credit card company/bank.

If you want the EX, buy from Sideshow. You get the rewards points (basically like getting the GST back), and if there was something wrong with your piece, you'll have a better chance of getting a replacement.

I'm in montreal. Not sure where to check what the % is, fedex site is messed up :/

Sideshow won't charge you taxes. Its an american company. Fedex will charge you 5% gst upon delivery. That is all the taxes you pay.

For a $600 figure I would probably pay 40 or so shipping, ssc gets awesome fedex rates, and the 5% gst (I am in gatineau). I would expect to pay 670-680 (not counting dollar conversion).

You will have to pay the tax eventually (see my post above)...it's just that Sideshow doesn't charge them to you directly.

Ok, here is the straight goods:

1. Do not EVER allow a seller out of the US to ship you anything using UPS Ground or FedEx Ground...you will get nailed with huge brokerage fees. In fact, avoid UPS altogether.

2. USPS/Canada Post is hit or miss. Sometimes you get charged, sometimes you don't, depends which service the seller used.

3. You should insist that the seller use FedEx Economy (same service Sideshow uses). You will pay more up front, but the brokerage costs are included in the shipping cost. Using this method will save you money in the long run.

4. Create a FedEx account and have the seller reference your account number when they ship it (Sideshow will do this for you if you give them your FedEx account number). Doing this allows FedEx to charge all import fees to your credit card (assigned to your FedEx account) automatically. This means no delays at customs, no charges due upon delivery (because they will automatically get billed to your credit card), AND FedEx will waive a $10 fee (for paying your import charges and collecting from you later)...it's only $10, but hey, every little bit of savings helps.

5. I reiterate, do NOT EVER use UPS Ground (or UPS in general) or FedEx Ground.

If you follow the above, you will only have to pay the GST (and PST/HST if you have one...I think Quebec has a 10% PST, don't they??) on the converted Canadian dollar cost for the item.

Other extra hidden costs include the currency conversion fee charged by your credit card company/bank.

If you want the EX, buy from Sideshow. You get the rewards points (basically like getting the GST back), and if there was something wrong with your piece, you'll have a better chance of getting a replacement.

So how much would you expect to pay for this piece if you order it from Edmonton ?
And on fedex, is it an account or simply a user Id that I need to create. I went to make an account but than it asked me what type of account i wanted to make and the only option they offered me was business, than I had to enter a credit card and ****... Is that what I need to do or a simple user ID is sufficent ?

Last edited:
So how much would you expect to pay for this piece if you order it from Edmonton ?
And on fedex, is it an account or simply a user Id that I need to create. I went to make an account but than it asked me what type of account i wanted to make and the only option they offered me was business, than I had to enter a credit card and ****... Is that what I need to do or a simple user ID is sufficent ?

Well, assuming the CAD dollar was at 0.95 USD:

1. 599 USD x 1.05 = 628.95 CAD
2. Assume $40 shipping x 1.05 = 42 CAD
3. GST at 5% plus 2.5% currency conversion fee (that's what my credit card charges, yours may be different): 628.95 x 1.075 = 676.12

You don't pay GST on the shipping, so the total would be in the range of $718 CAD for Apocalypse.

For the FedEx thing, you need to create an account, not just the user ID. You have to put a credit card number on file, because that is what FedEx will use to directly charge the tax to. Without it, FedEx would pay the tax and then collect the tax from you upon delivery plus a $10 fee (because they paid your taxes at the border). With the account, they charge you direct and waive that $10 fee.

Sometimes it takes a few weeks before they bill your card.

The account is free, so there is no monthly charge or anything.

What about taxes, didnt you say I would have to pay them eventually ? Wouldn't it cost more in the 800s dollars ?

I accounted for GST, which is the only tax I have to pay in Alberta. If Quebec has additional PST, you will have to pay that in step 3 of my post above. So, if you have a 10% pst, you would multiply the $628.95 x 1.175 instead...so total, including shipping would be around $780 CAD.

Yeah we do have an extra pst taxe over here damnit.
So I think if I did order it myself, I think bottom line I'd be saving about 100$...

Ontario is 13% gst.

Canadians may want to check out Toy Trove. That is where I get all my non-exclusive SS stuff.

Back