Premium Format Apocalypse PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is very true. Anyone who uses reward points on Apocalypse will lose whatever points the purchase of him would bring. If Apocalypse is $600, someone using reward points to purchase him would lose out on $30 worth of future reward points. I have always thought it best to build up the points until you can purchase merch in full with the points.

In Iron Lungs case, I think he would be better off to wait and buy something in the $350ish range. All he'll pay for is shipping and then he'll only lose about $17 in future points when purchasing an item using rewards points. I know it's only a difference of about $13 in this scenario but why give up the $$$ if you don't have to? I'm just going to flex Apocalypse when he goes up for PO and keep the points until I can buy something outright.

after comparing the two (hulk) I expect this to be about 549.00,

bodie

after comparing the two (hulk) I expect this to be about 549.00,

bodie

That would work for me. I'm as pumped as IL is to buy this. I've been waiting on Apocalypse for what seems like forever. The only difference between us is that this bad boy better have an ES. As much as it would hurt (and it would hurt a lot), I will pass on this if SSC pulls an open ES on this piece. I hope it doesn't come down to that.

That would work for me. I'm as pumped as IL is to buy this. I've been waiting on Apocalypse for what seems like forever. The only difference between us is that this bad boy better have an ES. As much as it would hurt (and it would hurt a lot), I will pass on this if SSC pulls an open ES on this piece. I hope it doesn't come down to that.

so the ES is more important than the character....

Open ES is fine with me I just buy later for less.

so the ES is more important than the character....

I will not drop $600 on an open ES piece. I just don't roll that way. We all collect for our own various reasons. The size of an ES really doesn't bother me. No ES bothers me a lot. Take that however you wish. I've discussed this topic before at great length and for me, it isn't worth derailing this thread to rehash it.

I don't even know what any of my ES are or if my statues even have them.

I have 6965 ($348.25) points to put down on this piece once up for P.O. Mix that in with the FLEX payment and this is going to be cheap for me...:yess: I don't think I could've saved my point for something SO worthy! Got to give myself a slap on the back for having saved them for a perfect moment.

I've got something like 2800 ($180-ish) points to use and i'm fairly certain En Sabah Nur will destroy them :lol

You don't earn points on things you buy with points. If this is close to $348.25 it's a great idea. If not, you will of course lose points.

Yeah, I know how the point system works and you have me thinking.

This is very true. Anyone who uses reward points on Apocalypse will lose whatever points the purchase of him would bring. If Apocalypse is $600, someone using reward points to purchase him would lose out on $30 worth of future reward points. I have always thought it best to build up the points until you can purchase merch in full with the points.

In Iron Lungs case, I think he would be better off to wait and buy something in the $350ish range. All he'll pay for is shipping and then he'll only lose about $17 in future points when purchasing an item using rewards points. I know it's only a difference of about $13 in this scenario but why give up the $$$ if you don't have to? I'm just going to flex Apocalypse when he goes up for PO and keep the points until I can buy something outright.

You guys make a bunch of sense. I guess if I don't need to use the points then why do and lose money. Damn they are starting to burn a hole in my pocket. I'm just getting to a point that I don't have many other statues that I want to buy. Plus I want to buy two Apocalypse PF's. Now you guys have me second guess myself...:gah:

I think if the ES is left open I'll just get one. But please lord don't let that be the case. I would still be pumped, but it would definitely put a huge downer on my over all excite for the piece. Shoot, I think I might go into a small depression...:(

Helluva one-two punch with Gladiator Hulk and Apocalypse. Hard to decide which one I like better.

That chainsaw is just awesome!

The more I look at this, the more I appreciate the portrait. When you sit back and think about it. How many times have we seen an Apocalypse statue, bust & toys show teeth? Besides comics you never see Apocalypse with teeth. So, this sculpted portrait of him is unique unto him...I love it even more!

W/O the glare from the glass...:yess:

Damn I just can't express enough how much I'm in love with this statue!
I'm sure it's going to have an ES. Why else would they make other S/O parts. The EX!
EX means ES!

SDCC_2013_Sideshow_Collectibles_Thursday-123.jpg

SDCC_2013_Sideshow_Collectibles_Thursday-125.jpg

SDCC_2013_Sideshow_Collectibles_Thursday-126.jpg

SDCC_2013_Sideshow_Collectibles_Thursday-127.jpg

SDCC_2013_Sideshow_Collectibles_Thursday-128.jpg

SDCC_2013_Sideshow_Collectibles_Thursday-129.jpg

SDCC_2013_Sideshow_Collectibles_Thursday-130.jpg

SDCC_2013_Sideshow_Collectibles_Thursday-131.jpg

SDCC_2013_Sideshow_Collectibles_Thursday-132.jpg

Back