Premium Format Apocalypse PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John Ficchi

Aka Vince Vell Customs

Hes repainting Catwoman Scarlet Witch and hopefully Jean for me

[portraits]

He redid Psylocke and Rogue for me in the past

Ah, Vince!

I've seen his sculpting work too. Crazy talent. :rock Congrats.

I got my replacement head and body today. The body was worse as it had several craters on it, or holes, on the chest and near the neck, one of which was rather large. Also, the elbow joint did not fit securely to this new body, it actually hanged loosely downwards. His head was an improvement as it did not have chips or buffs, but the paint was sloppy on his triangle forehead point compared to the 1st one they had sent me (it had bleeding right on the front tip). They refused to replace the elbow joint that had peeling paint on the rivet, so I would have to keep that sub-par piece on top of keeping these problematic replacements.

I emailed them pics and they said that this is the best one they have so I can either keep it or start the return process. I really want this piece, but it looks like I'm sending it back. For $600, it should have been better. Sucks.

I got my replacement head and body today. The body was worse as it had several craters on it, or holes, on the chest and near the neck, one of which was rather large. Also, the elbow joint did not fit securely to this new body, it actually hanged loosely downwards. His head was an improvement as it did not have chips or buffs, but the paint was sloppy on his triangle forehead point compared to the 1st one they had sent me (it had bleeding right on the front tip). They refused to replace the elbow joint that had peeling paint on the rivet, so I would have to keep that sub-par piece on top of keeping these problematic replacements.

I emailed them pics and they said that this is the best one they have so I can either keep it or start the return process. I really want this piece, but it looks like I'm sending it back. For $600, it should have been better. Sucks.

Sorry to hear about that. Don't blame you though for that kind of money. I've had my a few run-ins with QC. Takes the fun out of the piece....quickly.

I wonder how Oscar will look like as Apocalypse-- he mentioned the suit would be cgi --

I wonder this interpretation. Oscar kinda seems a bit too tiny to play Apoc.. But what they did with Josh Brolin as Thanos is probably what we will end up with. I like the wrist tattoos

apocalypse_marvel_cover_by_djray1985-d77lrcn.png

oscar-isaac-apocalypse-x-men-apocalypse.jpg

Hes got a nice jawline to play Apocalypse, just not the stature or body

In other news, looks like Fox is unveiling an Xmen tv show live action

I mean ... Hes just really skinny..

oscarisaac__121205004107.jpg

In an interview he said it appears as though hes gonna have to hit the gym.. But dude is gonna have to ingest 7000 calories a day to get to the point of say... bradley Cooper in American Sniper

To be THAT intimidating

I mean ... Hes just really skinny..

oscarisaac__121205004107.jpg

In an interview he said it appears as though hes gonna have to hit the gym.. But dude is gonna have to ingest 7000 calories a day to get to the point of say... bradley Cooper in American Sniper

To be THAT intimidating

That is what CGI is for. Like the Brolin comment someone poster before.

Hes still gonna have to hit the gym...

Josh brolin isnt a tiny guy to begin with

Lets be honest here Bryan Singers movies dont always have the best casting--nothing against the actors but yeah... It helps when the actors know more about the source material than the director

Hes still gonna have to hit the gym...

Josh brolin isnt a tiny guy to begin with

Lets be honest here Bryan Singers movies dont always have the best casting--nothing against the actors but yeah... It helps when the actors know more about the source material than the director

It's obvious he won't put that kind of weight on while he maintains his Star Wars role form as well. And bad casting? Oscar Isaac is beyond a phenomenal actor. He is soon to prove himself as one of the best this generation in the next decade. I choose talent over look or muscular build any day.

Apocalypse is 7 feet i don't expect an actor to be 7 feet to play the role of Apocalypse but Oscar is like 5 foot 6.

And I wasnt talking about talent im talking about the bone headed ideas of casting Rogue as a teenager, juggernaut as a joke, and mardsen as Cyclops... Nothing wrong with him as an actor but it doesnt help when Famke towers over you in height

Apocalypse is 7 feet i don't expect an actor to be 7 feet to play the role of Apocalypse but Oscar is like 5 foot 6.

And I wasnt talking about talent im talking about the bone headed ideas of casting Rogue as a teenager, juggernaut as a joke, and mardsen as Cyclops... Nothing wrong with him as an actor but it doesnt help when Famke towers over you in height

Wolverine was also played by a man who towered over the rest of the cast at 6'2? Yet the casting was great.

Gimli the dwarf was played by a man who is also 6'2.

There is movie magic. I don't think his physical stature will effect the film at all as he will most likely be doing a face-cap performance anyways.

Wolverine is a protagonist that makes sense for him to be taller than the rest of the cast.

Unbelievable. Apparently its socially acceptable to disapprove of an african american Johnny Storm, but god forbid someone point out height disparity when it is obvious in this case it is a bonafide occupational requirement.

I think Bryan Singer made poor choices casting some of the roles. Get over it.

I didnt say Oscar Isaac wasnt a good actor. This stuff isnt meant to be Shakespear

I think Michael B Jordan will be the best Johnny Storm. No actor I had higher on my list.

Oscar Isaac was a suprise to me. But I think he is going to do phenomenal.

That's it. I don't care about an actor's height of the role will obviously be mostly cgi. And I don't care about an actor's race when it is for a character who's race has no substantial meaning.

I think Michael B Jordan did an awesome job, otherwise Simon Kinsberg wouldnt have vouched for him during the days of future past panel i attended at con.

I dont like how Bryan Singer handled some aspects of the franchise. That in part was due to casting--i hope this "second chance" doesnt take a unfortunate u turn like the previous xmen movies did. They just fixed all that **** with days of future past, and this is the only time we'll see Apoc on screen, so they better have all their ducks in a row.

I personally hate the idea of making johnny storm black…lol and i say it for the simple reason that he just wasn't black to begin with…make another human torch, like they did with green lantern, and cast him as a black guy; that works for me. Build him up and give him his own backstory i mean make him yours, but don't just recycle something I feel its very unoriginal. I love michael b from his days on the wire and would love to see idris elba do something besides thor as he's tremendous, but I don't like just changing crap for the sake of changing and pretending its something its not. and rulk is spot-on, casting sucked for the x-men movies..yes they landed wolverine and others but the LEADER of the x-men (scott) was a total jerk off, rogue and juggernaut were AWFUL, among other. DOFP fixed it, and apocalypse should catapult it in the right direction. Im not worried about his physical features as its cgi and it'll be his face and mannerisms that get focused on...

I personally hate the idea of making johnny storm black…lol and i say it for the simple reason that he just wasn't black to begin with…make another human torch, like they did with green lantern, and cast him as a black guy; that works for me. Build him up and give him his own backstory i mean make him yours, but don't just recycle something I feel its very unoriginal. I love michael b from his days on the wire and would love to see idris elba do something besides thor as he's tremendous, but I don't like just changing crap for the sake of changing and pretending its something its not. and rulk is spot-on, casting sucked for the x-men movies..yes they landed wolverine and others but the LEADER of the x-men (scott) was a total jerk off, rogue and juggernaut were AWFUL, among other. DOFP fixed it, and apocalypse should catapult it in the right direction. Im not worried about his physical features as its cgi and it'll be his face and mannerisms that get focused on...

I don't think James Marsden made cyclops a jerk. I think the terrible writing on those films did. And the change for changing sake wise... I don't think they did that. I think they cast the best person for the role and said... "We'll deal with the race issue later" (story wise)

If you've seen Chronicle, you know Michael B Jordan was the best choice for the age group of the characters.

I don't think James Marsden made cyclops a jerk. I think the terrible writing on those films did. And the change for changing sake wise... I don't think they did that. I think they cast the best person for the role and said... "We'll deal with the race issue later" (story wise)

If you've seen Chronicle, you know Michael B Jordan was the best choice for the age group of the characters.

James does look like Cyclops. I agree, the story was just not there

Lord of the ring is great example, you can make anyone look like 9 feet tall or 3 foot tall NAND still appear nice on screen. It's cinema. However, I found that Famke was too old, way too old, as Cyclops look like 15 years age difference :)

I disagree. I think they just wanted racial diversity in the group and changed Johnny's race just for that reason. It has worked in some cases (Jackson as Fury) but for me personally, the fact that Sue and Johnny are brother and sister makes this change awkward. Where does it stop? A latino Batman, a Chinese Iron Fist, a White Luke Cage? I say stick with the comic characters history and roots. Most of these movies take quite a few liberties with the characters to begin with. There's no need to change the characters race too.

Back