Premium Format Apocalypse PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone has every right to be upset with their statues. I remember my Deadpool EX having a lot of problems that I it heat for complaining about. Even if these were $100. Perfect or replacement/refund in my opinion

Lol at the pic. I'm not settling just because I want the character in my collection. My standards are higher than that. If my replacement is bad, I'll take the refund and move on. I sent Galactus back due to sloppy paint but my Apocalypse was terrible. I can't stomach a $600+ statue with a bunch of flaws. To each their own though. SS loves collectors with low standards. I'm surprised SS doesn't try harder to at least help out the guys who order a lot from them. Maybe they should implement a platinum service once you spend X amount of money.

See, it's just this prevailing "SS loves collectors with low standards" insult that I can't stomach. I have never seen a perfect statue. I can find flaws in any and every piece I have ever owned or seen. My not being bothered by something that you are bothered by is not an issue of standards, it's an issue of perspective. I demand quality pieces and the sculpt of Apocalypse is great and I think it looks great. My being able to overlook something I deem as a meaningless flaw (such as some minor grey paint bleeding into some blue in a place I ONLY notice when I stare at it from 6" away, a distance I also never view my statues from) is not a result of low standards, it's a result of how I enjoy my collection and the flaws in this piece, which again, for mine are equivalent to the kind of flaws I can find in every piece I have ever owned, do not in any way impede upon the way I enjoy my collection. I emailed sideshow about the minor issues mine has, I got a $65 credit for them. I find that to be fair.

Fair enough Surly. I think you and I just have a different definition of quality and that's ok. To each their own. I'm glad your happy with yours. That's all that really matters in the grand scheme of things

No worries. I don't really believe in the concept of factual perfection. Perfection is a state of mind. I'm genuinely disappointed that you and others aren't happy. It's a shame that there are so many issues with too many of these statues.

To others and my defense Surly. Flawless is a loosely used word. I don't think Chris, myself, or anyone else for that matter expects perfection. As you've pointed out these statues are man made and if you look hard enough there are small imperfections on all of our statues. The level of imperfections on most of the Apocolypse statues though has been unacceptable by anyone's standards. When you wait a year and end up with a pile of resin crap and a middle finger from SS about your flaws. Emotions will run. A dissatisfied customer Wil be heard louder then 10 satisfied customers. We never hear about the good stories on the news. We hear all about the bad though. It's just human nature I suppose . People come here to vent alot of the time. Where else can we be heard? I don't have a single friend that would skip a beat if I told him my Apoc was a piece of junk but my fellow collectors on the other hand can sympathize. That's why we're all here right? We're our own group. Expressing out opinions on this forum keeps their lights on. Is what it is

To others and my defense Surly. Flawless is a loosely used word. I don't think Chris, myself, or anyone else for that matter expects perfection. As you've pointed out these statues are man made and if you look hard enough there are small imperfections on all of our statues. The level of imperfections on most of the Apocolypse statues though has been unacceptable by anyone's standards. When you wait a year and end up with a pile of resin crap and a middle finger from SS about your flaws. Emotions will run. A dissatisfied customer Wil be heard louder then 10 satisfied customers. We never hear about the good stories on the news. We hear all about the bad though. It's just human nature I suppose . People come here to vent alot of the time. Where else can we be heard? I don't have a single friend that would skip a beat if I told him my Apoc was a piece of junk but my fellow collectors on the other hand can sympathize. That's why we're all here right? We're our own group. Expressing out opinions on this forum keeps their lights on. Is what it is

Absolutely. I really have no problem with any of that and like I said, I do sympathize. What grates at me is twisting that into an insult of accusing others of having low standards. Saying someone has low standards is a passive aggressive way of trying to put a factual measure on a matter of opinion. You haven't done that Tavegg. You've expressed your frustrations and kept them at that.

It does. It's in the eye of the beholder. Mine are perfect

Well exactly :)

I don't expect to receive a proto level statue but I also don't expect a broken, chemical bubbled up paint job, sticky Lord knows what areas, and rust on the metal pieces. Perspective and standards are the same thing. Some people may eat food with a hair in it, but I won't...lol.

I don't expect to receive a proto level statue but I also don't expect a broken, chemical bubbled up paint job, sticky Lord knows what areas, and rust on the metal pieces. Perspective and standards are the same thing. Some people may eat food with a hair in it, but I won't...lol.

Your chemical bubbled one is a far cry though from the little paint bleeds that others complain about. That was my point before, that those people are complaining just as loudly as you, where to me, the differences between your issue and Chris' issues are night and day.

All I know is that Atheris' Apoc PF looks like crap. He certainly deserves a replacement. Minor paint blemishes are one thing. Bad casting, cracks, rusted parts, wet paint, paint bubbles, and ill fitting pieces are another. That is unacceptable in my book. I feel for everyone that was looking forward to this piece but is returning him because of QC issues. I feel for you because I know I would be gutted having to do that. Apoc is a MUST have character in my collection. Honestly, I would have went all Tavegg on SSC's CS myself if I was put in this position. I would have threatened to cancel my PO's with them as well and truly have to revisit my thinking when it came to ordering from SSC. Apoc as a character means that much to me and my collection.

I know some peeps are saying send it back if you are not happy. No harm, no foul. I think that's BS! We spend a lot of time and money building our collections. We wait for sneaks, we PO and drop NRDs, wait a year (or more) for our PFs to arrive...all so we can add that SPECIAL character we want to our collections. I don't think it's too much to ask that SSC delivers an acceptable piece. Sure, no piece is perfect. However, there can be no denying that the Apoc PF has numerous QC issues. I was lucky enough to receive a real nice Apoc PF. I do feel for those of you that didn't.

41KpS03sNGL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
^^^^^^^

All I know is that Atheris' Apoc PF looks like crap. He certainly deserves a replacement. Minor paint blemishes are one thing. Bad casting, cracks, rusted parts, wet paint, paint bubbles, and ill fitting pieces are another. That is unacceptable in my book. I feel for everyone that was looking forward to this piece but is returning him because of QC issues. I feel for you because I know I would be gutted having to do that. Apoc is a MUST have character in my collection. Honestly, I would have went all Tavegg on SSC's CS myself if I was put in this position. I would have threatened to cancel my PO's with them as well and truly have to revisit my thinking when it came to ordering from SSC. Apoc as a character means that much to me and my collection.

I know some peeps are saying send it back if you are not happy. No harm, no foul. I think that's BS! We spend a lot of time and money building our collections. We wait for sneaks, we PO and drop NRDs, wait a year (or more) for our PFs to arrive...all so we can add that SPECIAL character we want to our collections. I don't think it's too much to ask that SSC delivers an acceptable piece. Sure, no piece is perfect. However, there can be no denying that the Apoc PF has numerous QC issues. I was lucky enough to receive a real nice Apoc PF. I do feel for those of you that didn't.

Yes, very well said. Ill-fitting pieces and paint bubbles, cracks, that sort of thing is unacceptable. I think that when you get bad issues like that, it magnifies otherwise tolerable things like a couple of small bad spots of paint.

I don't extend these issues to overall problem with sideshow though. The vast majority of stuff from them is still great to me and while I hear some other statues are having issues, I'm not really too aware of them as they aren't statues I have. It really seems like one factory had a really bad screw up, so I fully expect SSC to recognize that and stop using that factory or demand better products. I don't expect them to just be glad collectors have low standards and happily put out heavily flawed pieces.

I actually haven't had a new piece in a long time. I'm a little impatient on it. Should I cancel my Reg Apocalypse pre order through bbts and order an In Stock Life Size Captain America bust? Same price. One I'll get in a few days and reward points and the other who knows when.

Yes, very well said. Ill-fitting pieces and paint bubbles, cracks, that sort of thing is unacceptable. I think that when you get bad issues like that, it magnifies otherwise tolerable things like a couple of small bad spots of paint.

I don't extend these issues to overall problem with sideshow though. The vast majority of stuff from them is still great to me and while I hear some other statues are having issues, I'm not really too aware of them as they aren't statues I have. It really seems like one factory had a really bad screw up, so I fully expect SSC to recognize that and stop using that factory or demand better products. I don't expect them to just be glad collectors have low standards and happily put out heavily flawed pieces.

I understand where you are coming from Surly. The fact of the matter is we were lucky and received some nice Apoc PFs. If either of us received Atheris' Apoc PF and were told to eat a $65 credit or return it, we wouldn't be in the comfortable position we are in. Bottom line, the Apoc PF has numerous QC issues. We were fortunate that we didn't have to deal with them.

I tend not to comment on peeps that have a QC gripe with something they received. If an opinion is asked, I'll give an honest assessment and leave it at that. No good ever comes from calling out someone who's not happy with a piece. If I disagree with someone, I wish them luck on their replacement. More importantly, if we received the same piece, I'm thankful if I don't have any QC issues with mine. In the end though, Apoc was laden with numerous QC issues that are unacceptable. If someone was unfortunate to receive such a piece...a $65 credit or ship it back response is BS in my book.

A company's overall QC is perceived differently by each collector. It will always be based off our own individual ordering experiences and the quality of merch we receive from them. If I'm not in the shoes of a customer who is dealing with QC issues, I tend to cut them some slack. I don't know what that persons overall experience with SSC is like so I don't feel comfortable telling them that they are being too picky when it comes to QC issues. But hey, that's just me and the way I do things.

Back