Premium Format Apocalypse PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just taking SS one statue at a time from this point forward. If it's not to my liking it's going back. Simple as that. If XM dissappoints my orders will slow down there as well. Heck any company really. Not putting up with garbage QC any longer. my spiderman Cq is next on the going back list

I didn't see...what was wrong with your Spidey? Crappy paint?

My late Apocalypse review, before I have to destroy it :(

Chris
Great vid, I think you have me convinced to not bother demanding a replacement and just return it. My paint was worse then yours, I had the dark blue all over the light gray. I didn't notice fitment issues as I only looked at long enough to take a few pics. I was offered replacement hands right away with $65. I now have a return label which I guess I will be using. Make sure to show us your destruction vid.

Great vid, I think you have me convinced to not bother demanding a replacement and just return it. My paint was worse then yours, I had the dark blue all over the light gray. I didn't notice fitment issues as I only looked at long enough to take a few pics. I was offered replacement hands right away with $65. I now have a return label which I guess I will be using. Make sure to show us your destruction vid.

Might as well send it back. Why the hell do people keep settling for subpar? I don't get it?

Would anyone accept this for any other product at this price range?

I was planning to do a destruction video for it, maybe hit it with a car at 60mph lol

Chris

Don't assume that everyone's is as bad as yours. Many problems are widespread but that doesn't mean there are no quality Apocalypse's out. Mine is fine outside of a few ery minor paint flaws that I only notice just about never.

Head looks great. I don't spent much time cradling my statues in my arms so how it "feels" means little to me. I care about how it looks and the head looks superb. Fussing about a peg is bizarre unless that fussing has to do with its functioning properly.

Don't assume that everyone's is as bad as yours. Many problems are widespread but that doesn't mean there are no quality Apocalypse's out. Mine is fine outside of a few ery minor paint flaws that I only notice just about never.

Head looks great. I don't spent much time cradling my statues in my arms so how it "feels" means little to me. I care about how it looks and the head looks superb. Fussing about a peg is bizarre unless that fussing has to do with its functioning properly.

The peg DIDN'T function properly, that's why I was fussing about it.

SS being very picky about what deems worthy for a replacement is evidence enough they've likely had many collectors contact them for the same issues. And if that wasn't enough SS have admitted in emails to myself and others that all replacements would have the same issues as mine. Thus they would only offer a $65 credit. There might be a hand full of good ones out there, however the consensus for most is that they did not meet expectations. Those are hardly odds to brag about.

Man some of you collectors will just take anything SS gives you hu?

Collector mentality on this forum:

Rusting pins....don't worry about it

Arm doesn't fit....don't worry about it

Hose won't fit.....don't worry about it

Paint slop everywhere....don't worry about it

Base sticker won't stick to base.....don't worry about it

Can't wait to order my next SS statue...SS rocks!!

Some of you willing to accept any of the above issues for a $600 statue need to get your heads checked. Honestly, it's not healthy.

Chris

Last edited:
It feels cheap. The whole head feels cheap. Tomorrow I'm gonna see if it floats in water.....honestly, that's how light it is.

Chris

I was surprised how lightweight the head was when I first picked it up.
It does feel cheap.
But it looks good and that's all I care about in the end

Seems like there's more unhappy customer with this guy than happy customer

I was unhappy that I couldn't get a replacement but some ppl have it worse. Other than a few things I could probably fix myself, this statue is amazing. Next to Batman (which I've had since Jan) this gets the most "oohs" and "aaahs"

Sent from the Cack Pit of the Millenium Falcon

That's a bummer. They didn't specify what I was getting replaced on my statue. I wasn't sure if they were just sending me a new body so I contacted them again and they are sending me a full replacement once there "stock" arrives. I'm hoping they had more made verses waiting for some other guys return to show up to ship me. Tavegg and myself are probably swapping statues...lol

Haha I wouldn't doubt it man

I didn't see...what was wrong with your Spidey? Crappy paint?

Couple small blemishes on Spidey that I wasn't thrilled about but the factory worker that slopped on my wall decal on the base must have been wasted because there was a glob of glue running down it. It was a mess

Not sure how quality Apocolypse and minor paint flaws can be used together. Wouldn't that be an oxymoron?

SS being very picky about what deems worthy for a replacement is evidence enough they've likely had many collectors contact them for the same issues. And if that wasn't enough SS have admitted in emails to myself and others that all replacements would have the same issues as mine. Thus they would only offer a $65 credit. There might be a hand full of good ones out there, however the consensus for most is that they did not meet expectations. Those are hardly odds to brag about.

Some of you willing to accept any of the above issues for a $600 statue need to get your heads checked. Honestly, it's not healthy.

Chris

Amen :clap

Chris

A) How did the peg not function properly? The head stays where it's supposed to... I know your cannon arm peg sucked, which sucks.

B) I didn't say a dang word about any of those other issues, in fact I said you have some legitimate issues. The peg on the head just isn't one of them.

Your leap of logic that I or others are willing to accept anything because we don't all meet your level of fussiness is entirely illogical. You would probably look at my statue and be abhorred because of these issues that make your hypersensitivity and collector neuroses, which we all have to a degree, flare, whereas I look at my statue and feel extremely satisfied with it.

I don't have any rusty pins.

My arm fits perfectly.

My hoses fit perfectly.

I have minor paint imperfections which I have noticed for .5% of the time I've spent looking at my statue.

My base sticker will never be looked at.

I spent $600 for a statue that I thought looked great. I got a statue I think looks great.

I was surprised how lightweight the head was when I first picked it up.
It does feel cheap.
But it looks good and that's all I care about in the end

Yep. The head IS light. But seeing as it is heavy enough to not just float away, I fail to see how it's weight has the slightest bearing on the enjoyment of the statue. It may FEEL cheap, but it doesn't look cheap. And last I checked the purpose of statues is to be seen, not felt. If anyone spends an inordinate amount of time feeling their statues... well, you know what, I'm not one to judge another's fetish. :)

Unfortunately, that is true. But what I find comical is that the people getting these super minor issues are just as loud about their complaints as the people who have some really major issues, like the wet paint ones with all the bubbling.

Not sure how quality Apocolypse and minor paint flaws can be used together. Wouldn't that be an oxymoron?

Because the definition of the word "quality" isn't "perfection".

A) How did the peg not function properly? The head stays where it's supposed to... I know your cannon arm peg sucked, which sucks.

B) I didn't say a dang word about any of those other issues, in fact I said you have some legitimate issues. The peg on the head just isn't one of them.

Your leap of logic that I or others are willing to accept anything because we don't all meet your level of fussiness is entirely illogical. You would probably look at my statue and be abhorred because of these issues that make your hypersensitivity and collector neuroses, which we all have to a degree, flare, whereas I look at my statue and feel extremely satisfied with it.

I don't have any rusty pins.

My arm fits perfectly.

My hoses fit perfectly.

I have minor paint imperfections which I have noticed for .5% of the time I've spent looking at my statue.

My base sticker will never be looked at.

I spent $600 for a statue that I thought looked great. I got a statue I think looks great.

Yep. The head IS light. But seeing as it is heavy enough to not just float away, I fail to see how it's weight has the slightest bearing on the enjoyment of the statue. It may FEEL cheap, but it doesn't look cheap. And last I checked the purpose of statues is to be seen, not felt. If anyone spends an inordinate amount of time feeling their statues... well, you know what, I'm not one to judge another's fetish. :)

Unfortunately, that is true. But what I find comical is that the people getting these super minor issues are just as loud about their complaints as the people who have some really major issues, like the wet paint ones with all the bubbling.

Because the definition of the word "quality" isn't "perfection".
Good post man. The greatness of this statue totally outweighs the flaws IMO. Its an epic statue!

Good post man. The greatness of this statue totally outweighs the flaws IMO. Its an epic statue!

my-brain-is-full-of-****.jpg

Chris

Lol at the pic. I'm not settling just because I want the character in my collection. My standards are higher than that. If my replacement is bad, I'll take the refund and move on. I sent Galactus back due to sloppy paint but my Apocalypse was terrible. I can't stomach a $600+ statue with a bunch of flaws. To each their own though. SS loves collectors with low standards. I'm surprised SS doesn't try harder to at least help out the guys who order a lot from them. Maybe they should implement a platinum service once you spend X amount of money.

Back