Premium Format Apocalypse PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for bringing this up again, but this thread is 250 pages and skimming through it would take too damn long...

Other than Age of Apocalypse, any other good stories worth reading to get hyped up for this guy? He should be arriving in 2 weeks.

I don't remember if it was actually good but "The Twelve" storyline sticks in my head at least for the cool ideas... Apocalypse capturing the major X-Men, Wolverine as the Horseman Death, Cyclops' death which would affect him for years later into Grant Morison's run...it lead to Cable's finally becoming a full X-Man. As a villain Apoc will always have to lose in the end but he definitely didn't come out of that storyline in bad shape.

Other then that although it doesn't exactly feature Apocalypse, just about everything in Rick Rememder's X-For e is about Apocalypse and most of it is good.

"The Twelve" came out in 2000 I think.

"X-Cutioner's Song" is a 90's one worth checking out. Also "The Rise of Apocalypse" is a four issue mini-series that should be read if you are interested in his origins.

So I talked to SS in order to push back my last flex payment in hopes of my WL converting and they said that processing/shipping will begin on the 17th. She also said that there is a 30 day window that begins once shipping starts to receive your statue and request a replacement part/statue before there are only refunds left. Is this based on how big the ES is? Or does it just depend on how well the QC is.

So I talked to SS in order to push back my last flex payment in hopes of my WL converting and they said that processing/shipping will begin on the 17th. She also said that there is a 30 day window that begins once shipping starts to receive your statue and request a replacement part/statue before there are only refunds left. Is this based on how big the ES is? Or does it just depend on how well the QC is.

Did they let you push your final flex back at all?

One month to report any issues is standard policy.
You won't get your RP until that time period passes.

Can I send all of my statues there please? :yess:

be careful though, that may come back to bite you in more ways than one.

Already did. Head Office contacted me about and we got it cleared. I only ended up paying like $43

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

Did they let you push your final flex back at all?

Yup, till July 10th. However, she was saying the longer I wait, the slimmer my chances are of getting a replacement if I need it.

One month to report any issues is standard policy.
You won't get your RP until that time period passes.

Cool, I thought the 30 day return window started once my piece was shipped. Not when initial orders begin shipping.

I don't remember if it was actually good but "The Twelve" storyline sticks in my head at least for the cool ideas... Apocalypse capturing the major X-Men, Wolverine as the Horseman Death, Cyclops' death which would affect him for years later into Grant Morison's run...it lead to Cable's finally becoming a full X-Man. As a villain Apoc will always have to lose in the end but he definitely didn't come out of that storyline in bad shape.

Other then that although it doesn't exactly feature Apocalypse, just about everything in Rick Rememder's X-For e is about Apocalypse and most of it is good.

Edit: I meant Rick Remender's Uncanny X-Force, in particular "The Apocalypse Solution", "Dark Angel Saga", and "Final Execution", in that order, although the entire run is one huge storyline where every arc stems from something that happened prior. Not the traditional Apocalypse stories but very much about how his influence lasts.

The Twelve? On it! Thanks!

Your welcome. I need to reread those issues to see if they were actually good but I remember it at least being interesting stuff.

Is there anything newer with apocalypse? Like post early 90's?

savageHULK, like stated The Twelve is from around 2000/2001. There's not much in the way of seeing Apoc at his best post 2000s aside from playing X-Men Legends II but as far as comics go there's "Blood of Apocalypse" from around the mid 2000s, a story I wasn't too thrilled with but it at least had big battles and even had the Avengers join the X-Men in fighting Apocalypse. There's also "Messiah War" from a few years ago. It's set in the future but it had affects on the contemporary timeline.

Aside from "Rise of Apocalypse" for the origin, there's the books that explain his 2 biggest rivalries: Mr. Sinister and Cable. "The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix" (I haven't read) explains Cable's future where Apocalypse rules, which is the whole basis for Cable time traveling here in the first place. "The Further Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix" (I have read) goes back in time to his creation of Mr. Sinister. I believe both are mid 90s-ish.

I enjoyed messiah wars. I have a sweet apocalypse variant to the cable series that involved messiah wars. Xfactor 5 and 6 are his first appearance. Fall of mutants is a good one. Starts with xfactor 24.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also in uncanny avengers. A young thor fights apocalypse in a flashback. Not sure the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ I think it's issue 6.

I have to go back and read Age of Apocalypse. Been way too long and to be honest I forget most of the story.

Back