Apatosaurus Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a couple comparison shots I took of the Apato with my newly acquired Kaiyodo Brachiosaurus :

304996_3704016715550_663007576_n.jpg

394510_3704013395467_947489013_n.jpg

I think my poor Apato looks a little intimidated now.

Oh MY! That is SWEET!!! :clap

Well, decided to use my voucher and take advantage of the reduced price to get this one and the result... another broken tail. :gah:

img3360u.jpg

I honestly don't know how Sideshow got any of these out in one piece. It just seems SO fragile..!

Great pics Deviliarh. Chris(Blade-of-the-Moon) is right when he says you should remove anything that will destroy the scale. Grass, leaves, acorns, etc. You should also make sure the background doesn't give away the scale either. I usually try to keep the background really far away, or create one of my own.

Btw, glad to see someone else who is crazy enough to take their statues outside for picture taking. :lol

I thought I'd found a site that still had this in stock and placed an order. Sadly, they e-mailed me yesterday and said they didn't actually have it. These things sure are hard to come by once they're gone. :(

There are a couple on ebay for about $600, but they aren't selling. It seems that way with a lot of the Dinosauria pieces on ebay. They're marked really high, but don't seem to move. Hopefully, I'll find an Apatosaurus and Carnotaurus for a somewhat reasonable price if I'm patient.

I just want to say I'm lucky to have this one (original paint+exclusive version) with a very good price from a seller. Even Sideshow has now already created about 16 dinosaur statues...This is still the No. 1 in my mind, better than Krenz's T-Rex. What a long beauty it is!!

picked one of these up the other day from a collectibles store in australia, my first dinosauria statue...they open them up and check them and by the look's of it have repadded it before sending, now that's pretty cool...saved some big bucks too..immediately went and bought the t-rex after that also lol

Well, I am quite saddened to say that mine had a horrible paint job. It appears they painted a section white with no tint. How this crappy flaw made it out of the factory is beyond me. Since it looks like an airbrushed section, I know I will never be able to fix it.

IMG_2600.JPG
IMG_2599.JPG

Back