Anyone want to have lunch with Harrison Ford?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't ask him about Indy or SW, I'd ask him about Bladerunner. I would ask him what happened and why did he almost come to blows with Ridley Scott on the set. Also why did he pass on the President role in Traffic?

DekeStarkiller said:
I wouldn't ask him about Indy or SW, I'd ask him about Bladerunner. I would ask him what happened and why did he almost come to blows with Ridley Scott on the set. Also why did he pass on the President role in Traffic?
Yeah, that's all good too, but you think Indy would not come up at all? With Indy 4 forthcoming even? Wow, talk about restraint! :p

I'd love to have lunch with him for the experience. If he's a prick, so be it. It's my story and I'll blog about it over and over again. Now THAT'S priceless!

I'd like to ask him the story why he didn't do the voice-over for the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland. (I heard it was because Disney wanted something out of him against his wishes and he split).

DekeStarkiller said:

I agree with you there Deke. He shouldn't have turned down that role in 'Traffic' and I'm curious why. maybe he thought it was too small? Still it would have been a more impressive role than most of his recent choices. And well, 'Bladerunner' is one of his greates flicks ever and I can't get enough info about it.

You know, I've heard a lot of people think he's a jerk, but I get the impression that he keeps to himself, and a lot of people mistake that as arrogance. He just doesn't seem to dig on the whole Hollywood celebrity vibe. I mean he flies a rescue chopper for the local sheriff on Jackson Hole, WY so he can't be al that bad.

Hey, I don't know the guy anymore than anyone else, but I still think he would be an interesting person to talk with for a few hours.

He definately likes to partake in the sauce, but hey who doesn't every once in a while.:duff

Everytime I see him on a late night talk show, he's always faded. I remember recently on some awards show (don't recall which one) he was a presenter. He came out with some actress, still holding his scotch, and asked her to "here, hold this" while he opened the card.:D

He may be a dick, but only a film legend can get away with that.:lol

captain sack said:
i thought it was the michael douglas role he passed on.:confused:

It was, I stand corrected. The internets tells me the role was head of the DEA. Top cop of the Drug Cops.

Sachiel said:
But doesn't he like Indy?

Yes he certainly does. That's why he pressed so hard so long for Indy 4 to get made, he loves teh films and he loves the charactor. I don't know what his real issue with Star Wars is, other than its a film he did umpteen years ago, when he first got into acting and just doesn't embrace it the way the fans do. I think he sees the whole thing the way Han saw the Jedi - a hokey religion. :lol Everyone is always knocking the bad dialogue and acting in all the star wars films - as an actor why would you want to be remembered for those roles?

There also seem to really be two types of actors that have done StarWars films. Those who move on to other roles and have successful carrers and those who end up signing autographs at conventions constantly asking their managers "why haven't I got any calls?" Yes I am over generalizing, but I think you know what I mean. I'm not knocking those that do signings etc. thank God these actors do conventions and signings and what not, we as fans love them for it. :cool:

As far as him coming across as an a-hole on talk shows etc. I know that he likes to keep his personal life personal. I remember seeing outtakes from the Barbara Walters interview he did a while back at his home out west. The crew wanted to look around and find the best place to film the interview. He turned around and said no, you can pick a spot here or here. It came across as arrogant, but he just wants to keep his private life personal. The guy is a hard working A-list actor who still does tons of his own stunts for realism. I actually think he's lucky that he can make these kinds of demands and still be successful, while other so called "celebrities" are looking for all kinds of publicity. He more an actor than a celebrity, and in my book there is nothing wrong with that.

Darth Rage said:
Yes he certainly does. That's why he pressed so hard so long for Indy 4 to get made, he loves teh films and he loves the charactor. I don't know what his real issue with Star Wars is, other than its a film he did umpteen years ago, when he first got into acting and just doesn't embrace it the way the fans do. I think he sees the whole thing the way Han saw the Jedi - a hokey religion. :lol Everyone is always knocking the bad dialogue and acting in all the star wars films - as an actor why would you want to be remembered for those roles?

There also seem to really be two types of actors that have done StarWars films. Those who move on to other roles and have successful carrers and those who end up signing autographs at conventions constantly asking their managers "why haven't I got any calls?" Yes I am over generalizing, but I think you know what I mean. I'm not knocking those that do signings etc. thank God these actors do conventions and signings and what not, we as fans love them for it. :cool:

As far as him coming across as an a-hole on talk shows etc. I know that he likes to keep his personal life personal. I remember seeing outtakes from the Barbara Walters interview he did a while back at his home out west. The crew wanted to look around and find the best place to film the interview. He turned around and said no, you can pick a spot here or here. It came across as arrogant, but he just wants to keep his private life personal. The guy is a hard working A-list actor who still does tons of his own stunts for realism. I actually think he's lucky that he can make these kinds of demands and still be successful, while other so called "celebrities" are looking for all kinds of publicity. He more an actor than a celebrity, and in my book there is nothing wrong with that.

He's also a pilot and rescues people. :)

Like I said before, if he's a prick, let him be one. I wouldn't pass up lunch with Han Solo! And i'm sure he wouldn't be a prick to whoever fronts that much money for his charity.

Coheteboy said:
I'd love to have lunch with him for the experience. If he's a prick, so be it. It's my story and I'll blog about it over and over again. Now THAT'S priceless!

This might put a litte damper on that idea. Of course he couldn't do anything about it until after you write it and millions of people saw it all ready. :D

• You agree, warrant and represent that you will not in any way advertise, promote, market, or utilize Mr. Ford’s name, likeness, voice, photograph, signature or image in any manner, for any reason at any time without the prior written consent of Mr. Ford, in the use of commercial sale, auction or exhibition.

Oh, there's ways to get past that...

Hey Guys, I just had lunch with Han Solo!

"blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah."

Back