Ebay woes... Please click if you own a Phantom of the Opera PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The arms go through the cape? If so, I'm really in trouble. It won't even be worth attempting.

It looks here like it just hangs over it and it's a clasp on the top like Dracula, no?

Anyways, even if it's not, I don't want you to do something you're uncomfortable with. I'd really appreciate it if anyone could trace me a template, though! :D

In those pics, the photographer mustve been afraid to fit the arms through or he didnt know they were there. It definitely has armholes.

Last edited:
Boy oh boy! How bout this: if worse comes to worst and no one will make a template, would you mind just giving me a rough estimate of how long it is, how wide, the length of the collar etc?

Hello,

I am a huge Universal Monster fan and I love to collect Universal Monster items. I recently got a SSE Bride of Frankenstein off of ebay. The figure came broken and without a base. I have a new rule: no real pictures no bids from me.

I feel bad for you because the phantom is a sharp figure. I wish I had one to help you out with.

Good Luck

You are going to get your money back from PayPal, right?
I sure hope you aren't going to let this schmo get away with this.

Last edited:
img044.jpg

I wanted to do it right. I needed ALL of the materials, as listed above. And I got the Tamiya paint that Sideshow recommends. Now, you could say that I made the investment to be able to do future repairs like this--because I have a lot of stuff leftover and supplies. Or you could say that I'd never have had to buy all those supplies in the first place if I didn't need to fix it...

Next try Micheals arts and crafts.

Thanks for the tip, but I went to Michaels first. They had no 2-part epoxy putty and they certainly didn't have Tamiya paints.

I was actually quite impressed with Hobbytown. I'd never been there before, but the salespeople were so knowledgable and helpful it'll be the first place I ever hit the next time I need something like this. I was truly surprised with the level of customer service there.

Thanks for the tip, but I went to Michaels first. They had no 2-part epoxy putty and they certainly didn't have Tamiya paints.

I was actually quite impressed with Hobbytown. I'd never been there before, but the salespeople were so knowledgable and helpful it'll be the first place I ever hit the next time I need something like this. I was truly surprised with the level of customer service there.

Ok. The Freak Shop (Gamesworkshop) is another alternative with the best paints. Home depot's plumbing epoxy works good too

I am in the process of getting my money back right now. I made the mistake of falling for a weak description with a stock photo. Never Again!

Looks like Computerfly may be hooking me up AGAIN! He helped me with repairing the foot and he's answering the call of duty with the cape once more! :D

Wasnt there anyone who just had a mint in box edition for sale? Or are you too broke from your recent purchase of that grail item we discussed:lol?

Haha, I sure took a hit! I also just got an Ernest Thesiger from the same seller.

The seller ended up refunding me another $40 for my troubles, so I got this for a real good price now. And I don't mind the challenge of making a cape for this one. I'm treating it more like a fun project than a true collectable now. The funny part is I had an SSE one a while back and sold it off. I would have been better off hanging on to it. :lol

Back