Anyone picking up the McFarlane Halo 3 action figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0222.jpg

The chief is in trouble and everyone is trying to save him

People still collecting these? A few weeks ago I picked up Active Camo Master Chief and Sgt. Johnson. And I just ordered Active Camo Arbiter and preordered ODST-The Rookie.

Anyone selling a Halo 3 series 2 ODST MOC? I saw it only once but didn't get it because the head on it looked like it was defected and warped.

First of all, sorry to bring this old thread back from the dead, but I figured it was better to use an excisting one than to start a new one.

I was wondering if anyone still collects McFarlane Halo figures? I have collected them till around the time the Deluxe Hunters came out.
But lately I felt the urge again to get some more, from their most recent series.

My question is: Are these new figures holding up to the quality of the older ones? I know McFarlane Toys isn't what it's used to be and the Walking Dead figures I saw in the review on Michael Crawford's site really surprised me, because they looked horrible.

Has this decline in quality also affected the Halo lines or are they still going strong?

Thanks!

I dont think anybody bothers with these anymore mate. To be honest, theyve become rather run of the mill, just variants and other stuff like that.

I stopped collecting Halo around Halo 3 Series 3, but the quality had gotten really bad. Everything from the Reach line is so bland that I haven't bothered getting any of them.

The line would have been much more attractive to me if they were in the original Spawn 6" scale.

Yeah, the Halo 3 ones were tiny. Reach was a bit bigger, still not as good.

Big azz bump. But anyone still buying these. I haven't bought anything until now because I just needed Halo Reach Jun to complete the team and wanted a Silver armor Arbiter. I kinda lost interest when I saw them in store but just ordered them today. I'm also interested in the Legends Masterchief and the Halo 4 Masterchief. Ill probably go TRU and check out what is being stocked right now.

I haven't purchased anything since series 2 of Reach, but i picked up an elite from halo 4 and i got to say, nothing much has changed with these; good sculpts, paint apps are a little sloppy but decent enough and the articulation is terrible. Its not a lack of joints that bothers me, its that McF doesn't seem to put much thought into making them actually usefull. Some of the early halo 3 figures were very well articulated in my opinion, but after reach its just been getting worse.

That said, i'm looking forward to the knight coming out next month (hopefully) and i'm curious to see if there's any plans for a didact figure down the line.

Last edited:
I'm looking to unload a lot of about 12 McF Halo figures (assorted Halo 3 and reach, with Ghost and Warthog) if anyone's interested.

Back